Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126
Results 3,751 to 3,779 of 3779

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    i don't think such a place exists in the U.S.
    Last I heard in Texas it was hard/confusing even with a prescription...

Mentioned
    213 Post(s)
    I have a friend who recently got charged with felonies in Texas for having a cartridge and two edibles.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Last I heard in Texas it was hard/confusing even with a prescription...
    True, but you said "ever."

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    True, but you said "ever."
    I’m looking to make a big move, and I will clarify... I won’t move to a fucking place where weed isn’t legal to buy by the time I move in.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I’m looking to make a big move, and I will clarify... I won’t move to a fucking place where weed isn’t legal to buy by the time I move in.
    Canada it is then, dear friend.

edit because I need a headline: total solar eclipse and you can stream it too: https://www.cnn.com/2019/07/02/world...rnd/index.html
    Last edited by marodi; 07-02-2019 at 12:02 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Kind of a good news / bad news thing:

Bad news: Judge decides rapist teen (there's no "alleged" here; it's all on video) shouldn't even be tried in court because he comes from a rich family.

Good news: State appeals court says "excuse me? Fuck you, prosecutors can charge him" and put the ball back in their...er....court.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...-came-n1026111

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Guys. Twitter is down. Like, REALLY down.

Like, I think Jack might have finally deleted the website down.

EDIT: Ugh. It came back.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Damn it. You really had my hopes up there for a second.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    "Rand Paul blocks Senate from approving 9/11 victim compensation fund"

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/...pensation-fund

Man, FUCK THESE GUYS!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    This is absolutely tragic!

Kyoto Animation studio fire: at least 33 dead after arson attack in Japan

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nimation-japan

This is just awful, not only the countless people that died just doing their job, but also as KyoAni makes some of the best looking anime around and bucks the trend of paying per frame, instead they are one of the only big studios to give their animators full salary's. It's also really horrible to hear that they'd been getting countless death threats...WHY?! Their projects are always heartfelt or fun, WHAT'S WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!!

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    the attacker/arsonist sounds completely insane/neurotic/paranoid... was under the belief that his work was being stolen by the anime studio. No other details about him so far except that he's 41 years old.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    This is absolutely tragic!

Kyoto Animation studio fire: at least 33 dead after arson attack in Japan

https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nimation-japan

This is just awful, not only the countless people that died just doing their job, but also as KyoAni makes some of the best looking anime around and bucks the trend of paying per frame, instead they are one of the only big studios to give their animators full salary's. It's also really horrible to hear that they'd been getting countless death threats...WHY?! Their projects are always heartfelt or fun, WHAT'S WRONG WITH PEOPLE?!!
    Made the mistake of reading the comments on one website's social media post about this. They were all "OMG did the material get destroyed?!" and "oh man they made such cool shows!" Like....nobody gave a shit that literally dozens of people were murdered.

What the fuck.

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Made the mistake of reading the comments on one website's social media post about this. They were all "OMG did the material get destroyed?!" and "oh man they made such cool shows!" Like....nobody gave a shit that literally dozens of people were murdered.

What the fuck.
    I think some of the latter comments are not so bad... it's literally the only attachment point of personal concern beyond evaluating the larger tragedy. If people are responding in horror to the death of someone whose work they enjoyed, they might not be missing the point really. I hear your point, but, I think it's alright when people hear about the death of a creator they loved to reference their work in their dismay.

Is it the best way to respond to this? No... almost certainly not, but, I don't think it's deserving of derision.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Worth noting the go fund me set up by Sentai works as a relief fund for the victims has flown WELL over a million US dollars, which is awesome!

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    https://www.engadget.com/2019/07/12/...ring-tool-rfp/

Fbi Plans More Social Media Surveillance.

"The tool would provide the FBI with access to the full social media profiles of persons-of-interest. That could include information like user IDs, emails, IP addresses and telephone numbers. The tool would also allow the FBI to track people based on location, enable persistent keyword monitoring and provide access to personal social media history..."

Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    We desperately need a prolonged amount of time with much farther left leadership in congress & the presidency so that things like this wont happen & the past abuses on personal freedom/privacy can all be phased out. Going to need much more than 8 years imo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    We desperately need a prolonged amount of time with much farther left leadership in congress & the presidency so that things like this wont happen & the past abuses on personal freedom/privacy can all be phased out. Going to need much more than 8 years imo.

Further left leadership will continue these same programs. It's time people stop voting Republicans and Democrats and start voting for Independents and people from smaller third parties. Give them a chance and if you don't like what they do then you can go back to voting for the two party dictatorship.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ^What you said. I've never understood the weird binary political system in the US. You guys should toss that crap.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Well, fuck. This isn't a very good look, is it?

Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    EQUIFAX SETTLEMENT (I got this info from Rep. Eric Swalwell)

In September 2017, Equifax announced that it had been the victim of a criminal cyberattack on its systems. The attackers gained unauthorized access to the personal information of approximately 147 million U.S. consumers. This information included people’s names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses, and in some instances driver’s license numbers, credit card numbers, or other personal information.

Numerous lawsuits were brought on behalf of consumers whose personal information was impacted as a result of the Data Breach. Chief Judge Thomas W. Thrash Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia is overseeing these lawsuits. These lawsuits are known as In re: Equifax Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, Case No. 1:17-md-2800-TWT. The consumers who sued are called the “Plaintiffs.” Equifax, Inc., and two of its subsidiaries are the “Defendants.” Plaintiffs claim that Equifax did not adequately protect consumers’ personal information and that Equifax delayed in providing notice of the data breach. The most recent version of the lawsuit, which describes the specific legal claims alleged by the Plaintiffs, is available here. Equifax denies any wrongdoing, and no court or other judicial entity has made any judgment or other determination of any wrongdoing.
    You can confirm you are a Settlement Class Member, and eligible for benefits, by:

Going here; or
    Calling the Settlement Administrator toll-free at 1-833-759-2982.
    I went to the linked web site, above, entered my information, confirmed that I was part of the breach, and I'm getting $125*. So is my husband, and my Mom. And half of the country.

*Edit: Nah, the $700 million is getting split among all claimants so we’ll probably get hardly anything. Fuckers.
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 07-27-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    I was not affected. I swear I'm the only person I know who wasn't.

What's shitty is that I *have* had my info stolen multiple times, but since it wasn't because of this particular breach, I get fuck all for my troubles.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I was not affected. I swear I'm the only person I know who wasn't.
    It's the same way for me. I told someone and they were like "That's great! Your data wasn't breached!" My response was "Fuck that, i need the cash. who doesn't have my data at this point?"

Note: I know its bad for someone to have my data like that, but we are moving in a couple weeks to colorado and 125 dollars would be really helpful for that.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah, apparently i wasn't affected either. I tend to be super careful about my information, so, i can't say i'm surprised.

Mentioned
    782 Post(s)
    It has nothing to do with “being careful.”

Equifax’s computers were HACKED.

We froze our credit years ago. All our into was stolen in the OPM hack!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...?noredirect=on
    Last edited by Cat Mom; 07-27-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    386 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    ^What you said. I've never understood the weird binary political system in the US. You guys should toss that crap.
    Until we can collectively wrap our heads around rewriting the way we tally the votes of individuals on the largest scale imaginable, we're not about to get very far with outlier voices and third party empowering. Our two parties also shift over time. Democrats used to be the Republicans of today. Ironically, a lot of ignorant republicans like to tout that fact in a stunning combo of historical revisionism while coyly acting dumber than they are, and they were already stupid, so... at least they can tell it's a good way to shut down a conversation if people are playing a team sport.

And so there's a Catch-22 case for why we'll never see a break from this two-party nonsense in our lifetime.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-27-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    https://time.com/5636486/fbi-body-donation-arizona/
    "Dismembered limbs, head sewn onto the wrong body, allegedly found in raid on Arizona body donation company"

This is fairly disturbing. This is one of those " SURELY I misread the headline" type of things
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-27-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    https://time.com/5636486/fbi-body-donation-arizona/
    "Dismembered limbs, head sewn onto the wrong body, allegedly found in raid on Arizona body donation company"

This is fairly disturbing. This is one of those " SURELY I misread the headline" type of things
    This is so fucked up. Very disturbing.

Mentioned
    446 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    This is so fucked up. Very disturbing.
    What bothers me is that it sounds like this isn't the company doing such things. It said body parts were sold to a third party, who sold them to another third party.

And then, the bit with the DOJ being in on it- man, this is some seriously corrupt shit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Is anybody else following along with what's going on in India/Kashmir lately? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKCN1V527D