Page 120 of 120 FirstFirst ... 20 70 110 118 119 120
Results 3,571 to 3,575 of 3575

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    72 Post(s)
    Twitter finally banned Jones and FalseInfo Wars. Took long enough.

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    The US arm of Ticketmaster has been accused of working with touts to make money from reselling tickets, an undercover investigation has claimed.
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/ticke...gramme-2381649

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    The US arm of Ticketmaster has been accused of working with touts to make money from reselling tickets, an undercover investigation has claimed.
    https://www.nme.com/news/music/ticke...gramme-2381649
    the absolute least surprising bit of info ever.

Mentioned
    403 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    the absolute least surprising bit of info ever.
    Yup. I saw the headline and didn't even watch the video.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I'm so thrilled to see the Boston Red Sox taking a 3-1 lead over the Houston Astros right now. Especially after game 3, where they took 5 runs off of Roberto Osuna (closing pitcher).

Osuna was a former Blue Jay (my team) who then beat his girlfriend badly enough that the doorman at their apartment called the police and she was taken to hospital. Osuna was suspended 75 games, the charges were dropped and he signed a peace bond (way to lenient for domestic assault charge in my opinion, but I don't get a say). He was traded to Houston before his suspension was finished.

His first game back in Toronto he got boo'd so heavily by the crowd that it was good to see. He closed his games out anyways, but at least he got boo'd. The Houston fans are cheering for him now, and when a sportcaster talks about a player who's committed domestic assault and then kept winning, they talk about trying to find redemption on the field, which is total bullshit.

He got crushed, they hit 5 runs off of him in 1 inning, that'll knock him down a peg. And there will be no announcers talking about "redemption on the field" while the Astros are celebrated as champions if Boston beats them, which they seem to be doing.

It would have been sickening to watch him throw out the final pitch in the world series to watch the Astros become back to back champions, with him at the center of the cheering, which would have been a very real possibility if Boston wasn't winning this series.

I wish that he had been kicked out of baseball, and I wish that even if he hadn't been kicked out of baseball, that we wouldn't have dialogues about "redemption on the field", but watching him take a beating and seeing his team lose seems to be the best we have right now.

Go Boston Go.