Page 126 of 126 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126
Results 3,751 to 3,759 of 3759

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    9 times out of 10, i can get what i'm looking for without piracy. I'm not going to claim i wasn't a huge pirate back in the day, but these days i usually can find anything without it. When i say i occasionally have to resort to torrents, it's in the case of a single episode or series that got pulled from a streaming service and just isn't available anywhere else. Movies are easier, i'm more likely to just buy a download to my Xbox One since that's basically my media center. Tangent, it's really the console that's done the most to curb my piracy habits. I was that guy that said over and over "I just want it to play games, all this media shit is unnecessary, i'm never gonna use it!" Then we had a kid, and it has become the epitome of entertainment convenience. So anybody who ever wanted an example of me having to eat crow, there you go.

Mentioned
    778 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    what I silently wonder is, though... what exactly is the REAL difference between torrenting and renting from the library? Just saying...

Convenience?
    Knowledge.

It’s easier for most people to use Kanopy or Hoopla.

It really is amazing what you can get from the library. I didn’t know until recently that I could take out DIGITAL books from my local library downloaded to my Kindle. They also have a DRIVE-UP service; I order online and someone delivers it to my lazy ass out front in my car. INCLUDING DVDs! OF CURRENT STUFF!
    Last edited by Cat Mom; Yesterday at 11:51 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    What's really messed up is in the UK library's are vanishing at an alarming rate (i haven't had a local one for years!) this soon won't even be an option for us!

I try not to pirate, but as an anime fan it's sometimes the ONLY option, especially with some show's not making it over here (like FLCL's new season, never got a UK stream release, but was available in the US...WTF?!) or show's just being pulled from streaming services and only for sale on DVD from ebay for silly prices (Like Kill La Kill, i still haven't even finished that!) on top of that with so many different streaming services just for anime, all asking for the same price, it's no wonder people move to pirate...and the same is happening with regular streaming sites now, too many streaming services want a piece of the pie which is causing people to be really picky with what service(s) they use or just dropping them completely.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Today, we decided that the constitution doesn't allow you to put a chalk mark on someone's tire, but it allows you to buy a semiautomatic rifle.

I think it's time we admit the constitution has maybe stayed up a little past its bedtime.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Yeah, i really don't get that. Like, i see the chalk thing as some mild entrapment, but unconstitutional? I can't see the connection there.

Mentioned
    778 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    What's really messed up is in the UK library's are vanishing at an alarming rate (i haven't had a local one for years!) this soon won't even be an option for us!
    Luckily, there appear to be a ton of them listed online.

Including many in London.
    Last edited by Cat Mom; Today at 06:00 PM.

Mentioned
    778 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    Yeah, i really don't get that. Like, i see the chalk thing as some mild entrapment, but unconstitutional? I can't see the connection there.
    They’re touching your property without first obtaining a warrant.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Today, we decided that the constitution allows you to buy a semiautomatic rifle.
    Link?
    Last edited by Cat Mom; Today at 06:11 PM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    They’re touching your property without first obtaining a warrant.
    That makes perfect sense. I should have seen that. I'm a super stickler about warrants and private property.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Link?
    Are they suddenly illegal? I thought we never got around to banning those.