Page 126 of 156 FirstFirst ... 26 76 116 124 125 126 127 128 136 ... LastLast
Results 3,751 to 3,780 of 4661

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    EQUIFAX SETTLEMENT (I got this info from Rep. Eric Swalwell)

In September 2017, Equifax announced that it had been the victim of a criminal cyberattack on its systems. The attackers gained unauthorized access to the personal information of approximately 147 million U.S. consumers. This information included people’s names, Social Security numbers, birth dates, addresses, and in some instances driver’s license numbers, credit card numbers, or other personal information.

Numerous lawsuits were brought on behalf of consumers whose personal information was impacted as a result of the Data Breach. Chief Judge Thomas W. Thrash Jr. of the U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Georgia is overseeing these lawsuits. These lawsuits are known as In re: Equifax Inc. Customer Data Security Breach Litigation, Case No. 1:17-md-2800-TWT. The consumers who sued are called the “Plaintiffs.” Equifax, Inc., and two of its subsidiaries are the “Defendants.” Plaintiffs claim that Equifax did not adequately protect consumers’ personal information and that Equifax delayed in providing notice of the data breach. The most recent version of the lawsuit, which describes the specific legal claims alleged by the Plaintiffs, is available here. Equifax denies any wrongdoing, and no court or other judicial entity has made any judgment or other determination of any wrongdoing.
    You can confirm you are a Settlement Class Member, and eligible for benefits, by:

Going here; or
    Calling the Settlement Administrator toll-free at 1-833-759-2982.
    I went to the linked web site, above, entered my information, confirmed that I was part of the breach, and I'm getting $125*. So is my husband, and my Mom. And half of the country.

*Edit: Nah, the $700 million is getting split among all claimants so we’ll probably get hardly anything. Fuckers.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-27-2019 at 10:51 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I was not affected. I swear I'm the only person I know who wasn't.

What's shitty is that I *have* had my info stolen multiple times, but since it wasn't because of this particular breach, I get fuck all for my troubles.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I was not affected. I swear I'm the only person I know who wasn't.
    It's the same way for me. I told someone and they were like "That's great! Your data wasn't breached!" My response was "Fuck that, i need the cash. who doesn't have my data at this point?"

Note: I know its bad for someone to have my data like that, but we are moving in a couple weeks to colorado and 125 dollars would be really helpful for that.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Yeah, apparently i wasn't affected either. I tend to be super careful about my information, so, i can't say i'm surprised.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It has nothing to do with “being careful.”

Equifax’s computers were HACKED.

We froze our credit years ago. All our into was stolen in the OPM hack!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/busin...?noredirect=on
    Last edited by allegro; 07-27-2019 at 10:52 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by diptych View Post
    ^What you said. I've never understood the weird binary political system in the US. You guys should toss that crap.
    Until we can collectively wrap our heads around rewriting the way we tally the votes of individuals on the largest scale imaginable, we're not about to get very far with outlier voices and third party empowering. Our two parties also shift over time. Democrats used to be the Republicans of today. Ironically, a lot of ignorant republicans like to tout that fact in a stunning combo of historical revisionism while coyly acting dumber than they are, and they were already stupid, so... at least they can tell it's a good way to shut down a conversation if people are playing a team sport.

And so there's a Catch-22 case for why we'll never see a break from this two-party nonsense in our lifetime.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 07-27-2019 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    https://time.com/5636486/fbi-body-donation-arizona/
    "Dismembered limbs, head sewn onto the wrong body, allegedly found in raid on Arizona body donation company"

This is fairly disturbing. This is one of those " SURELY I misread the headline" type of things
    Last edited by elevenism; 07-27-2019 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    https://time.com/5636486/fbi-body-donation-arizona/
    "Dismembered limbs, head sewn onto the wrong body, allegedly found in raid on Arizona body donation company"

This is fairly disturbing. This is one of those " SURELY I misread the headline" type of things
    This is so fucked up. Very disturbing.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    This is so fucked up. Very disturbing.
    What bothers me is that it sounds like this isn't the company doing such things. It said body parts were sold to a third party, who sold them to another third party.

And then, the bit with the DOJ being in on it- man, this is some seriously corrupt shit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Is anybody else following along with what's going on in India/Kashmir lately? https://www.reuters.com/article/us-i...-idUSKCN1V527D

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Never would’ve guessed...

https://t.co/TZV9Argpph

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Damn, right it's too early! lol "Texas family told to take down snowman because too early for Christmas decorations"
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...stmas-n1082106

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Damn, right it's too early! lol "Texas family told to take down snowman because too early for Christmas decorations"
    https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...stmas-n1082106
    Wish we took that kind of stance, a lot of the shops/restaurants in London have had their christmas decor up since Halloween! AND a few homes on the way home, save that shot for DEC 1st! We're all wishing our lives away!

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Twofer:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    https://www.indystar.com/story/news/...ts/4259448002/

I already knew IU was shitty, but damn. Stand for something.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    RBG is in the hospital again, this time for fever & chills; possibly infection.

I have a really bad feeling about this. That's the kind of "boring" thing that can take out someone of her age. I'm picturing waking up to really bad news; I hope to god I'm wrong.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    OK i know people from the US aren't big fans of Walmart...but this is seriously fucking bullshit!

Walmart offers Thanksgiving workers measly discount in place of holiday pay

https://www.theguardian.com/business...iday-staff-pay

I'm not an american so Walmart doesn't exactly effect me, but FUCK THEM!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Meanwhile in Toronto... We had a feces throwing bandit on the loose.

https://toronto.citynews.ca/2019/11/...ents-arrested/

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...ourt-1.5375055

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I don't even know what to say about Bevin's pardons other than fuck him and everything he every hopes to do in life moving forward.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    I don't even know what to say about Bevin's pardons other than fuck him and everything he every hopes to do in life moving forward.
    At first, it looks like “oh wow that’s nice” but then it goes off the rails:

According to the secretary of state's website, as many as 161 pardons and 419 commutations of sentences were filed on December 11, including commutations for 336 people who were serving sentences solely for drug related charges.

[...]

That list of pardons includes Blake Walker, who was convicted in 2003 of killing his parents; Kurt Smith, who as a teenager was found guilty of murdering his 6-week old son; Delmar Partin, who was convicted of beheading a woman and stuffing her in a barrel; and Kathy Ann Harless, who left her newborn baby to die in an outhouse.
    The former Republican governor wrote in his executive order that Harless "has paid enough for her death of her new-born son."

Bevin pardoned and commuted the sentences of Dayton Jones, who was convicted in 2016 of sexually assaulting a 15-year-old boy; and Patrick Baker, who convicted of reckless homicide in 2017. The Courier Journal reported that Baker's family had held a fundraiser and donated to Bevin's gubernatorial campaigns. Baker served two years of a 19-year sentence, while his co-defendants are still in prison, the newspaper reported.

The former governor did the same for Micah Schoettle, convicted last year of raping a child and sentenced to 23 years in prison.

"Micah Schoettle was tried and convicted of a heinous crime based only on testimony that was not supported by any physical evidence," Bevin wrote in his executive order signed December 9. "In fact, any and all evidence that is available, refutes the allegations that were made." He added that the case was investigated and prosecuted in a "manner that was sloppy at best."

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    There should be a law that freezes pardon powers on election day, and only gets restored if the incumbent wins (or else is restored to the new officer upon swearing in). These "fuck you, I'm out, it doesn't matter what I do" moves are repulsive.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Whats strange is how many of those pardons don't make any sense on the surface coming from an extreme right wing conservative. Would love to know his thought process on some of these. The thought process he gave ona few of them is asinine, and one of the murder convictions he ended the sentence for was for a family that donated $10,000 to him. Gross.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

so he's just doubling down on the whole i'm a fucking tool thing huh.

that's amazing.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

this is the kind of thing that makes normal people want to throw their hands up in the air because of how fucking bonkers it is.

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)

this is the kind of thing that makes normal people want to throw their hands up in the air because of how fucking bonkers it is.
    I love the "We are a country that puts its citizens second to citizens from other country's" but not us, we speak for truth...and then hosts a station from a COMPLETELY DIFFERENT COUNTRY in their 6-9 am and pm slots lol

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    America is a very different country than it used to be. We used to be a country of freedom, job, opportunity, and equality. Now, we are a country that looks down upon traditional values. We are a country that puts its citizens second to citizens of other countries. But most importantly, we are a country that, rather than speaking the truth, we hide it, in fear of being "offensive."
    You people think this is not true?

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Yes, I do not think that is true. For example: we are still a country of freedom, job, opportunity and equality. It's just that some people *cough*republicans*cough* want to limit freedom and opportunities and equalities for a subset of the population. The only people who think we're railing against our citizens are the ones who think we should make America great again. and we speak plenty of truth but I get where that fear is. It's the same fear that leads to people saying "I don't want to be in a room by myself with a women because something might happen" instead of "as long as I don't act like a total ass this is fine".

Oh no, I can't call someone/thing retarded anymore like I did in middle school. You know what else I'm not doing? Going to middle school. You want to speak the truth? Talk about Prince Andrew and Epstein instead of "Well what about Clinton?!!" finger-pointing. If he's part of that then burn him to the ground but talk about the whole thing instead of ignoring parts of it for the sake of your own argument. The same can be said of the Democrats: instead of screaming "look over there!" and running away, talk about this stuff. It's going to result in a better country and government if you get the actual swamp out of DC - to borrow a phrase - instead of just killing the mosquitoes year after year.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    When they say "make america great again" I've always been curious...What's the EXACT time that they're referring to? Can these rightwingers maybe have a big convention and figure this out? Cause I feel it's this really vague, fuzzy-headed idea that has no actual specificity to it. "Oh man, things used to be so much better...you know, back in the good ol' days...once upon a time...whenever the fuck that is."

I want them to nail it down to an exact year. Was it 1985? 1962? 1863? What's the EXACT time period that we're trying to get back to, where they can say "Okay, right here. This was the precise moment when America was great. After this year, it all went down hill."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    When they say "make america great again" I've always been curious...What's the EXACT time that they're referring to?
    Especially since Trump and his cult are constantly complaining that people are "saying bad things about America."

So, if you want to "make America great AGAIN," the implication is that it's NOT ALREADY GREAT, that it is NOT "great" right now, and something is really "not great" about it.

So, who's the real "patriot," now?

Trump was getting so much shit over this, he's now tweeting "KAG" - Keep America Great.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Especially since Trump and his cult are constantly complaining that people are "saying bad things about America."

So, if you want to "make America great AGAIN," the implication is that it's NOT ALREADY GREAT, that it is NOT "great" right now, and something is really "not great" about it.

So, who's the real "patriot," now?

Trump was getting so much shit over this, he's now tweeting "KAG" - Keep America Great.
    Well duhhh...America hasn't been great ever since Obummer was in office. But now it IS great because Trump is the best thing to ever happen. But since Crooked Hillary is trying to undo the election, we can't rest easy. Sure, we've succeeded in making america great, but you have to elect Don to another term, then elect all of his brilliant children to multiple terms each, in order to keep America great! How do people not understand this simple concept?

/s