Page 99 of 156 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 109 149 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,970 of 4661

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    Which in itself doesn't prove anything, she could simply be fairly confident that the website has fuck-all to back up their claim.
    Well, she's suing for libel. The legal definition of libel is publishing material that could be harmful to somebody's reputation or is defamatory. She has so much money, she could bankrupt all of them in legal fees while proving she's right. If she knows she is wrong or the police are likely to find a red herring showing she did something like this, she probably wouldn't bother. Her brand (worth millions) is at stake; she's pretty much obligated to sue to protect her brand.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-13-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    Speaking of not trusting the gvmt @allegro

US Escalates Shadow War in Somalia

Mentioned
    735 Post(s)
    NC GOP office firebombed

i KINDA am wondering if this is bullshit?
    (as in i find it hard to believe that militant democrats in NORTH CAROLINA would commit an act of fucking terrorism against republicans, but anything is possible i suppose. if this is true, it's fucking scary)
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-17-2016 at 09:29 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    NC GOP office firebombed

i KINDA am wondering if this is bullshit?
    (as in i find it hard to believe that militant democrats in NORTH CAROLINA would commit an act of fucking terrorism against republicans, but anything is possible i suppose. if this is true, it's fucking scary)
    I agree, it all looks really suspicious, although there ARE enough "Never Trump" people out there who seem to want to stop that guy by any means and they aren't necessarily Clinton supporters.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Last edited by Dra508; 10-18-2016 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cz...-idUSKCN12L286

I had just enough of this man. What he did to our country in the course of his presidency is unforgivable. I only hope that history will look at him as sad pathetic little man because that's exactly who he is. He's not only pathetic excuse for a president, he's pathetic excuse for human being. I never in my life thought I would be somehow actively involved in politics, but I swear I'm joining the campaign of his strongest presidential opponent in 2018 presidential election and I will do everything for Zeman to loose. I can't stand the thought of another 5 years with him as a main representative of my country.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    http://www.reuters.com/article/us-cz...-idUSKCN12L286

I had just enough of this man. What he did to our country in the course of his presidency is unforgivable. I only hope that history will look at him as sad pathetic little man because that's exactly who he is. He's not only pathetic excuse for a president, he's pathetic excuse for human being. I never in my life thought I would be somehow actively involved in politics, but I swear I'm joining the campaign of his strongest presidential opponent in 2018 presidential election and I will do everything for Zeman to loose. I can't stand the thought of another 5 years with him as a main representative of my country.
    can I get the cliff notes on why he is so bad? I'm American and don't know the first of it, but I'm interested.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wow, holy crap that's heavy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    can I get the cliff notes on why he is so bad? I'm American and don't know the first of it, but I'm interested.
    There is so much. He got elected by lying about his opponent, which might not seem as such extraordinary thing, but this is actually statement penned by our highest court - they were ruling about the fairness and validity of the election and they specifically said, that Zeman knowingly lied multiple times, but the elections are valid anyway. Bottom line, he's a liar in the eyes of our highest court, not many politicians have this kind of privilege.

He's extremely vain person. He's giving our highest state honors to his friends and to people who supported him during his presidential campaign, but actually decline to give a man who opposed him during the elections his rightfully earned highest academical degree (professor) even though he has no right to do so, since he's got only ceremonial duties in this regard.

He said about one of our most gifted and valued journalist of 20th century - Ferdinad Peroutka - that he wrote an article called "Hitler is a gentleman" where he has supposed to appreciate Adolf Hitler. Peroutka was in concentration camp during the war because of his opinions. His granddaughter get this whole thing to court and the court said there is no such article and Zeman should apologize. He ignores the court and haven't apologized to this day.

He did complete turnaround of our foreign policy. I would like to think, that if anything, Czech Rep. was known in the world for Vaclav Havel and his humanitarian values. Zeman on the other hand is trying to shift our nation to Russia and China, he's got financial ties to Russian Lukoil and China (which is the reason for this whole Dalai Lama fiasco). He's shiting on Havel's legacy and is so far up Putin's ass it's really disgusting.

He has no respect for the office, for example he showed up drunk at the showing of our crown jewels which is a yearly event and is really sort of a big deal. His alcoholism gets in the way of his function as a president.

There is so so so much more, but you get the idea of what kind of a man he is. If you are in for more this wiki article sums up some of his other controversies
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo%C....93_present.29
    Last edited by telee.kom; 10-23-2016 at 01:08 PM.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    There is so much. He got elected by lying about his opponent, which might not seem as such extraordinary thing, but this is actually statement penned by our highest court - they were ruling about the fairness and validity of the election and they specifically said, that Zeman knowingly lied multiple times, but the elections are valid anyway. Bottom line, he's a liar in the eyes of our highest court, not many politicians have this kind of privilege.

He's extremely vain person. He's giving our highest state honors to his friends and to people who supported him during his presidential campaign, but actually decline to give a man who opposed him during the elections his rightfully earned highest academical degree (professor) even though he has no right to do so, since he's got only ceremonial duties in this regard.

He said about one of our most gifted and valued journalist of 20th century - Ferdinad Peroutka - that he wrote an article called "Hitler is a gentleman" where he has supposed to appreciate Adolf Hitler. Peroutka was in concentration camp during the war because of his opinions. His granddaughter get this whole thing to court and the court said there is no such article and Zeman should apologize. He ignores the court and haven't apologized to this day.

He did complete turnaround of our foreign policy. I would like to think, that if anything, Czech Rep. was known in the world for Vaclav Havel and his humanitarian values. Zeman on the other hand is trying to shift our nation to Russia and China, he's got financial ties to Russian Lukoil and China (which is the reason for this whole Dalai Lama fiasco). He's shiting on Havel's legacy and is so far up Putin's ass it's really disgusting.

He has no respect for the office, for example he showed up drunk at the showing of our crown jewels which is a yearly event and is really sort of a big deal. His alcoholism gets in the way of his function as a president.

There is so so so much more, but you get the idea of what kind of a man he is. If you are in for more this wiki article sums up some of his other controversies
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milo%C....93_present.29
    So he's basically the Donald Trump of The Czech Republic.

Love Prague - great city to visit.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    So he's basically the Donald Trump of The Czech Republic.
    There are definitely parallels between the two. He got elected because his rival was part of extremely disliked government and lot of people voted for Zeman, just because they thought the other option isn't any better. The problem is, we lack real leaders and the ones we have can not be bothered to go through the shit show presidential election is.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Shit rag Vice fires reporter to exposing possible lies of Lena Dunham

http://heatst.com/world/vice-reporte...ed-in-primary/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, in the American Stupid Southern Racist Moron Department: http://www.dallasnews.com/business/r...ager-took-away

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

http://www.theverge.com/2016/11/17/13669832/what-cd-music-torrent-website-shut-down

RIP
    You always helped me find the rare shit I couldn't even find even on rutracker or Soulseek.

edit: Apparently this information isn't true?
    https://twitter.com/whatcd/status/799435387634614272
    Last edited by Frozen Beach; 11-17-2016 at 08:32 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Japan just got hit by a 7.3 earthquake just east of Fukushima. Tsunami warnings in effect. Hopefully, they'll avoid being hit by another tsunami. They are barely getting over the first one.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Literacy Not A Right For Detroit School Kids According To State
    https://www.michigan.gov/documents/s...L_479442_7.pdf

We all know that the ability to read is crucial for success in life, and that starts at the earliest of ages. In middle and high school, all academic subjects require a student to be a proficient reader. A student who cannot read will not be able to succeed in any subject.
    From Rick Snyder's own state address last year.
    WTF is wrong with you.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Pardon me, I don't wanna sound stupid and I guess am a little late to the party but ... what's this pizzagate thing all about? Seems like a real issue to me which is at least worth investigating. And since I'm quietly following the politcal discussions on this board I wondered whether I missed it on here or noone has talked about it.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by niggo View Post
    Pardon me, I don't wanna sound stupid and I guess am a little late to the party but ... what's this pizzagate thing all about? Seems like a real issue to me which is at least worth investigating. And since I'm quietly following the politcal discussions on this board I wondered whether I missed it on here or noone has talked about it.

"Pizzagate" is something that is without a question 100% made up, it's a fake scandal, and if there's any aspect of it worth exploring is how quickly it spread and how news has to be less-and-less plausible and fact based to shape someone's narrative (in this case, the Clinton's)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't know if anyone heard about this but my aunt told my parents about this story about a high school who told some African-American students "don't make me call Donald Trump to send you back to Africa": http://www.nbcnews.com/video/teacher...s-808536643699

What is wrong with this world? Seriously, I want to go to Mars now.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    Now I read that there was no shooting. The person drove their car into a group of people, and started stabbing them.

Also, he was a Somali refugee, but was a citizen. Ugggh. Nooo.

Edit - Link: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...campus-n689076
    Last edited by Sarah K; 11-28-2016 at 12:59 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sarah K View Post
    Now I read that there was no shooting. The person drove their car into a group of people, and started stabbing them.
    Obviously the "like" is for stating the factual information, not the event itself.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Obviously the "like" is for stating the factual information, not the event itself.
    It was a "shooting" when I posted it.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    It was a "shooting" when I posted it.
    Yeah I know they reported it as a shooting first, which is actually mind boggling. I swear to God, the medias need to start getting their shit together.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    The texts and tweets that OSU sent out stated that it was an active shooting, which is probably why the media reported it as such.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The urge to make everything an anti-gun push is strong. That's what pushes this shit.
    Plus, you know... The fact that when something horrible happens in an American school, your first thought isn't "knife"...

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)

Unhappy

Holy fucking crap...
    Brazilian football club Chapecoense involved in a plane crash, heading to Colombia for international game.
    A few survivors left.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/li...olombia-latest

Joining a string of another poor souls flying for football/hockey matches (Manchester United, Torino, Pakhtakor, Zambia national team, Lokomotiv Yaroslavl...)