Page 137 of 137 FirstFirst ... 37 87 127 135 136 137
Results 4,081 to 4,092 of 4092

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)

Mentioned
    134 Post(s)

well that kind of says it all doesn't it.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    well that kind of says it all doesn't it.
    look at this fucking guy:

Imagine being so far gone and/or braindead that you ever take anything seriously this grifter MAGA chud says.

Last edited by bobbie solo; 02-27-2021 at 04:16 AM.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Fun video on the gamestop story -

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    10 Senate Dems want recurring stimulus checks...

https://www.businessinsider.com/10-s...-checks-2021-3

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)

Mentioned
    271 Post(s)
    Red hats are flying on my facebook feed screaming cancel culture about this. Maybe removing books that have literal drawings of black people as monkeys isn't cancel culture, its just not printing racist trash.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Red hats are flying on my facebook feed screaming cancel culture about this. Maybe removing books that have literal drawings of black people as monkeys isn't cancel culture, its just not printing racist trash.
    It's always comical what makes them fly off the handle. If there were a Seuss book about two male Whos getting married in Whoville they bitch and moan about sanctity of marriage and boycott and the rest of it. But to acknowledge and remove works with racist slurs / stereotypes...that's a bridge too far. So transparent.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    A judge has declared that the man responsible for Toronto's deadly van attack in 2018 is guilty of 10 counts of first-degree murder and 16 counts of attempted murder.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/toron...sion-1.5933687

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    I just don’t like the framing of Dr Seuss as a bigot, because really it’s a label he doesn’t deserve. The best way to learn about intolerance is to perhaps highlight how it could seep insidiously into the work of someone who was clearly a kind and wonderful person, but not to crucify that person while holding him up to dissect through a modern lens.

Dr Seuss is not a bad guy.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I just don’t like the framing of Dr Seuss as a bigot, because really it’s a label he doesn’t deserve. The best way to learn about intolerance is to perhaps highlight how it could seep insidiously into the work of someone who was clearly a kind and wonderful person, but not to crucify that person while holding him up to dissect through a modern lens.

Dr Seuss is not a bad guy.
    Eh, I don't think this is so black & white. Bad/ Good.

Geisel also wrote the “Private Snafu” series of Army training cartoons. They featured an irresponsible soldier (Snafu) who often was killed or injured due to his inability to follow orders.(The military) found that the soldiers weren’t responding to the training films, so when Dr. Seuss came up with this character of Private Snafu, they realized they had something that these young soldiers would pay attention to — some sex, some racism,” Nyback said.
    The Dark Side of Dr. Seuss

Mentioned
    437 Post(s)
    I’ve seen the Snafu cartoons... I honestly don’t remember anything too offensive in them