Page 121 of 156 FirstFirst ... 21 71 111 119 120 121 122 123 131 ... LastLast
Results 3,601 to 3,630 of 4661

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Let's check back in on Jussie Smollett - Jussie Smollett Check Written to Osundairo Brothers Reportedly for Training, Not to Execute Attack Hoax

FBI Says Jussie Smollett May Not Have Sent Hateful Letter

To be clear, Jussie himself is a goddamn mess and there are holes in his story that can still be poked through, but Eddie Johnson and the CPD leak machine have plenty of damn holes in their story, especially after that conference they presented last Thursday.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Let's check back in on Jussie Smollett - Jussie Smollett Check Written to Osundairo Brothers Reportedly for Training, Not to Execute Attack Hoax

FBI Says Jussie Smollett May Not Have Sent Hateful Letter

To be clear, Jussie himself is a goddamn mess and there are holes in his story that can still be poked through, but Eddie Johnson and the CPD leak machine have plenty of damn holes in their story, especially after that conference they presented last Thursday.
    True, and Eddie Johnson appearing on Good Morning America is just weird. No bueno.

https://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment...ry?id=61293323

$3500 for “5 week Nutrition/Workout program” is ... wow. Really? I’m totally ghetto. I had no idea. He doesn’t look fat to me, I gotta get into that nutrition business.

The brothers are Nigerian.

G and I are addicted to that “90 Day Fiancé” show on TLC, it’s an awesome train wreck. On one of the recent seasons, American older (hillbilly) woman Angela fell in love with Michael OF NIGERIA who is A HUGE DONALD TRUMP FAN. Angela flew to Nigeria on the show and spent some time there. The strong patriarchy and probability of rampant homophobia was evident. Black culture has been known for homophobia, but it’s REALLY bad in some other countries. Especially Nigeria.

See this: https://umsu.unimelb.edu.au/nigeria-...ntry-on-earth/

TMZ has sources that dispute this suggestion: http://m.tmz.com/2019/02/16/jussie-s...ot-homophobic/
    Last edited by allegro; 02-25-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    @Cat Mom - Eddie saying that there's more evidence is fine; they can present that in a court instead of leaking it to ABC 7, thank you very much.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Chicago Mayoral Election today! FOURTEEN CANDIDATES!!!!

Voters to pick from largest field of mayoral candidates in Chicago's 181-year history.

Edit: WOW, Lori Lightfoot (LGLTQ candidate, we met her at Halsted Market Days last summer) is in the lead, looks like there will be a run-off in April between her and Toni Preckwinkle ... two black females fighting to be Mayor of the third biggest city in the country!
    Last edited by allegro; 02-26-2019 at 09:28 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu to be indicted on charges of bribery and fraud.

IT’S ABOUT TIME.

He’s the Donald Trump of the Middle East.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cat Mom View Post
    Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu to be indicted on charges of bribery and fraud.

IT’S ABOUT TIME.

He’s the Donald Trump of the Middle East.
    Netanyahu has been in office since 2009...wouldn't that make Donald Trump the Benjamin Netanyahu of the United States?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Netanyahu has been in office since 2009...wouldn't that make Donald Trump the Benjamin Netanyahu of the United States?
    Touché!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I fear his party will still win out in the April elections there, even if he is not at the helm. And then oppression of the Palestinians will then continue. Israel's left has been too quiet for too long.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Terrible tornadoes kill 23 in Alabama, Georgia and Florida.

The National Weather Service said Monday that it believed the tornado that raced through Lee County had been an EF-4 storm, with winds of 170 miles an hour.

Chris Darden, the meteorologist-in-charge for the weather service’s Birmingham office, said the track of the “monster tornado” appeared to have been at least 24 miles long, and that the storm had been nearly a mile wide.
    Honestly, my fear of tornadoes is why I will NEVER live in a building that doesn’t have a basement.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-05-2019 at 10:23 AM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    "What happens to Mardi Gras Beads After Festival Ends?"
    "The city of New Orleans pulled 93,000 pounds of beads from just five blocks of storm drains in 2018."

This is terrible, I didn't realize it was this bad!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/featu...-festival-ends

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Thats terrible. The last thing New Orleans of all cities needs is blocked storm drains.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Terrible tornadoes kill 23 in Alabama, Georgia and Florida.

Honestly, my fear of tornadoes is why I will NEVER live in a building that doesn’t have a basement.
    I've always been really fascinated by storms, and love few things more than sitting by the window - or better, on an open porch - and taking in a thunderstorm.

But when I lived in Texas, I was on the top story of an apartment building that didn't have a basement. Every time we got tornado watches, it stopped being fun and started scaring the shit out of me.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Researchers at MIT warn that if climate change remains unchecked (Business As Usual-scenario = RCP 8.5) over half a billion people will, from 2070 onwards, experience humid heat waves that will kill even healthy people in the shade within 6 hours. The Wet Bulb Temperature (WBT) would exceed 35°C (95°F), at which the body – of any mammal – cannot cool itself, overheats and shuts down.

Three regions were studied: China (2018), South Asia (2017) and the Persian Gulf (2015). The researchers predict (at RCP 8.5) WBT exceeding 35°C about once every decade for the Northern Plains in China (400+ million people), at locations in the Chota Nagpur plateau, northeastern India, and Bangladesh in South Asia (70+ million people). Persian Gulf regions that would be affected include cities such as Doha, Qatar, Abu Dhabi, Dubai (UAE) and Bandar Abbas (Iran).

The total number of people affected will be higher than 0.5 billion. A study in Nature (2017) identifies regions worldwide that are likely to exceed the survivability threshold from 2070 onwards (see Fig. 2). These also include the Eastern United States, Northern Latin America and Northern Australia.

Wet bulb temperatures higher than 33.5°C for more than a few hours have not been measured in human history (yet). In 2015 there was a severe episode in South Asia with 30°C WBT. This led to 3,500 deaths. According to this article the largest hospital in Karachi was receiving 1 patient per minute and the morgue was overflowing.

Would airconditioning be to avail? Podcast Ashesashes describes that a ‘perfect storm’ will hit power supply at extreme temperatures. Airconditioning at high temperatures leads to more than 20% extra power demand, while at the same the power grid becomes less effective, nuclear and gas fuel plants provide less power because of warmer cooling water and transformers are more likely to overheat leading to power outages. Also, it is hard to see how renewable energy could meet the peak demand. Without solutions, the areas mentioned would effectively become uninhabitable.

At the Business as Usual-scenario many billions of people would experience WBT higher than 32°C on a regular (e.g. yearly) basis, which is already deadly for the less fit and makes working outside impossible.

http://climateguide.nl/2019/03/09/no...illion-people/

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    The world continues to amaze me in how stupid some humans can be...

Jaguar attacks woman who climbed Arizona zoo barrier to take a selfie

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-take-a-selfie

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Haysey View Post
    The world continues to amaze me in how stupid some humans can be...

Jaguar attacks woman who climbed Arizona zoo barrier to take a selfie

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-take-a-selfie
    An Exclusive Interview With the Jaguar Who ‘Attacked’ a Woman at an Arizona Zoo

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Athlete caught on mic threatening fan. Athlete claims shouted horrendously racist things at him (not caught on mic). Fan soon determined to be racist piece of shit via a long history of horrible social media posts.

Two types of responses ensue:
    -Athlete was in the right (this is the correct response)
    -"How is this even an argument? The fan wasn't caught on camera! How can we even know what he said? This is such a one-sided story and big bad black athlete man is the one who should be punished!"

Goddamnit, I hate people.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/russell-westbrook-jazz

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Athlete caught on mic threatening fan. Athlete claims shouted horrendously racist things at him (not caught on mic). Fan soon determined to be racist piece of shit via a long history of horrible social media posts.

Two types of responses ensue:
    -Athlete was in the right (this is the correct response)
    -"How is this even an argument? The fan wasn't caught on camera! How can we even know what he said? This is such a one-sided story and big bad black athlete man is the one who should be punished!"

Goddamnit, I hate people.

https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/03/russell-westbrook-jazz
    That guy should consider himself lucky Russ didn't follow through.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    That guy should consider himself lucky Russ didn't follow through.
    You kiddin' me? Guy would've gotten some minor injuries before the fight was broken up, Westbrook would get suspended (win for racist guy), and guy would most likely successfully sue for an extremely large sum.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    President Trump issues Emergency Order grounding all Boeing 737 Max 8 and Max 9 aircrafts, immediately.

Hallelujah.

(American, Southwest and United use these planes.)

https://abc7news.com/trump-orders-em...in-us/5188824/

Canada announced the same order today, as well.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-13-2019 at 01:46 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Finally did something good!

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Finally did something good!
    Which means he probably just FINALLY did what someone suggested he do, and he didn't have a "reason" not to. He's "made" a couple other good "decisions."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Boeing says they did it, the FAA says they did it.

Boeing issued a software update for these planes that wasn’t provided by the FAA because it was evidently during the Government shutdown?

The issue here is a software / computer related to the new engines and pitch during takeoff (MCAS). These planes require special training.

So, it’s not totally a plane problem: It’s a combo of the plane but mostly the lack of transparency to pilots and the new training needed to take off and fly the plane that isn’t a typical jet.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-13-2019 at 02:15 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    With the college drama, all the kids should be expelled from their schools - if they knew what was happening or not. Why would a school want to continue to associate with them?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Boeing says they did it, the FAA says they did it.

Boeing issued a software update for these planes that wasn’t provided by the FAA because it was evidently during the Government shutdown?

The issue here is a software / computer related to the new engines and pitch during takeoff (MCAS). These planes require special training.

So, it’s not totally a plane problem: It’s a combo of the plane but mostly the lack of transparency to pilots and the new training needed to take off and fly the plane that isn’t a typical jet.
    Amen, sister! How many times has the NTSB recommend more training for the pilots at the end of their investigations of crashes? A whole lot. Planes are becoming more and more computerized and there is this idea that "the planes are now flying themselves" which is very dangerous thinking. Pilots still need to be trained to fly these planes and understand how the computer works. Problem is it takes time to train pilots and it cost a lot of money to do it. But hey, since the plane is flying itself anyway... 🤔

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    MySpace says it lost years of user-uploaded music :-(

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/18/70445...uploaded-music

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    MySpace says it lost years of user-uploaded music :-(

https://www.npr.org/2019/03/18/70445...uploaded-music
    Thankfully, it also lost years of photos, which means there's a looooooooot of stuff I no longer have a password to that has been mercifully wiped from the internet.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Go on a CRUISE, they said! It’ll be FUN, they said!

https://www.cbsnews.com/amp/news/nor...ay-2019-03-23/

Last edited by allegro; 03-23-2019 at 09:49 PM.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    All charges dropped in Jussie Smollett case. Wow.

https://www.chicagotribune.com/news/...326-story.html

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    @ickyvicky - I moved this over to Random General since the original discussion took place there.