Page 103 of 156 FirstFirst ... 3 53 93 101 102 103 104 105 113 153 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,090 of 4656

Thread: Random General Headlines

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Chelsea Manning's sentence commuted: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38659068

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Terrorist attack in Quebec. Target was mosque.
    5 dead and multiple injured.
    Story is unfolding.

http://www.cbc.ca/1.3957686
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 01-30-2017 at 05:15 AM.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    It's setting up to be another banner year for Chicago: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38959787

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Archive_Reports View Post
    It's setting up to be another banner year for Chicago: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38959787
    See this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    "Was that airliner meant to be underneath me?" Amazing. :-D
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cele...ort/ar-AAmWozw

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    http://dlisted.com/2017/02/15/hot-slut-of-the-day-1223/

here in canada, "power of the pussy" has a whole different meaning ;p

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    "Was that airliner meant to be underneath me?" Amazing. :-D
    http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/cele...ort/ar-AAmWozw
    My air traffic controller husband (been an atc for nearly 35 years) says this is not uncommon for pilots to get confused over runways. Not common, but not rare. Particularly at night.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Informative from a historical perspective.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Okay, this could alternately be posted in "the thread of creepy", because this is fucked up.

Kim Jong-nam death suspect thought she was 'in a TV prank'

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wisconsin man convicted in cutting off woman's finger in a Juggalos ritual. G could not stop laughing at these goofs. Wtf these people are stupid.

“Where do you go with this? How can this happen? How can this even happen in Green Bay?” Judge John P. Zakowski said at the sentencing.

Court documents say Schrap and his friends were staging a "ritualistic memorial" at his house in August to commemorate a deceased member of the Juggalos — the name given to fans of the Detroit rap duo Insane Clown Posse.

WBAY-TV reports the woman first allowed Schrap to cut her arm with a machete and drink her blood. She eventually gave permission to Schrap cut off her right pinky finger with a machete, which according to court documents required more than one blow to sever.

“Jon then placed the finger in his freezer where he said he would cook it and eat it later,” court documents said. “The group then attempted to stop the bleeding by using a car cigarette lighter which failed. They then used a blowtorch.”

The mother of the woman's boyfriend convinced her to go to the hospital later that day after the attempt to cauterize the wound with a blow torch failed. Hospital staff made the initial call to police.

According to WBAY, the woman told investigators she was not under the influence of drugs and alcohol at the time of the incident and did not want criminal charges pursued.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    White rhino shot dead in French zoo, horn sawn off

I was going to put this in the "thing that piss you off" thread but it's not little. The brazen fucking balls to pull something like this off...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ^^ Jesus Christ.

we REALLY need to get rid of these fucking wackjobs who think that rhino horns or elephant tusks have some kind of magic power. THEY DON'T. JUST STOP. You fucking morons.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Not really a headline but I just got this spam:
    FROM THE DESK OF HER EXCELLENCY MRS.MELANIA TRUMP, LAST NOTICE.

Good News?

I am Mrs. Melania Trump and I am written to inform you about your Bank Cheque Draft brought by the United Embassy from the government of Benin Republic in
    the white house Washington DC which contains the sum of $17.9Millions United State Dollars credited from the bank of America, the delivery of your
    funds has been mandated to be deliver to your address being 8th of MARCH 2017 to you as soon as you get back to me with your home address and your cell
    phone number.

Bear in mind that I have taking my time to be in charge of your funds as instructed by my husband to ensure that you received your funds successfully
    from the white house to reduce the economy and I’m the only one that has your funds in regard to my husband Mr.Donald TRUMP II, and you will have to
    pay the sum of $105 only before your Bank Cheque Draft will be deliver to you on monday, the reason why the fee is required is to have your funds clearance
    paper from the origin of the funds to avoid any harassment from the authority and you are also expecting to be announce as winner of the said amount by
    Friday as soon as your fund is delivered to you.

So you are urgent advised to get back to me with your home address and also the payment information today for immediate effect of your delivery. Note that the
    $105 is the only fee and final payment, you have my assurance.

However, according to our agreement with the origin of your funds Benin Republic, all our communications should be on email for record purpose so
    follow my instruction accordingly, even if you don’t have the$105 try to borrow it and send it immediately because this is your life opportunity and I don’t
    want you to lose the chance any more.

Please I will advice you to urgent make the payment this morning via western union or moneygram money transfer to the listed cashier information as
    instructed you by the originated authority. I will look forward to received your email today with the payment to enable the origin secure the required
    clearance papers required at the White House Benin to deliver your funds. Note that it will take only 3hrs to deliver your Bank Cheque Draft in receipt of the
    $105 payment.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    White rhino shot dead in French zoo, horn sawn off

I was going to put this in the "thing that piss you off" thread but it's not little. The brazen fucking balls to pull something like this off...
    Given the security zoos can afford, it's way easier to shoot and amputate a live animal there than it it in the wild. You don't have to hunt them down, you don't have to worry about the herd, and you don't have to worry that some anti-poaching rangers will shoot your head off on sight.

All in all, as risky as picking a mellon at a grocery store.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Terrible stuff in London right now: http://www.independent.ie/world-news...-35555655.html

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Im more amazed its taken this long for another terror attack to occur...
    After July 2005 bombings i was expecting another mass casualty attack imminently for the next few months...Its nearly 12 years later....acctually the quietest years for terror in London ever...after 25 years of IRA monthly attacks....Ive been perplexed at how we have avoided an Isis style attack...think our Georgraphy plays big role.
    we have the most draconian, invasive security monitoring us too...more intense than in the U.S...Israel is the only 'western' country with a more tight security apparatus.
    These lone wolf car ramming attacks are also the only type of terror atacks they experience these days after they built that wall..,had a few in past couple years....you simply cant stop a maniac in a car..with all the best equipment...this may set off a chain reaction here and throughout Europe now...well the Nice one already did...expect more far right gains...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    After July 2005 bombings i was expecting another mass casualty attack imminently for the next few months...Its nearly 12 years later....acctually the quietest years for terror in London ever...after 25 years of IRA monthly attacks....Ive been perplexed at how we have avoided an Isis style attack...think our Georgraphy plays big role.
    we have the most draconian, invasive security monitoring us too...more intense than in the U.S...Israel is the only 'western' country with a more tight security apparatus.
    These lone wolf car ramming attacks are also the only type of terror atacks they experience these days after they built that wall..,had a few in past couple years....you simply cant stop a maniac in a car..with all the best equipment...this may set off a chain reaction here and throughout Europe now...well the Nice one already did...expect more far right gains...
    i think this post is funny in terms of the. IRA, iRA were white catholic working class. fighting for freedom, sound familiar, it should, but this is the world we live in.
    -louie

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i think this post is funny in terms of the. IRA, iRA were white catholic working class. fighting for freedom, sound familiar, it should, but this is the world we live in.
    -louie
    Erm no they were fascist savage religious catholic fundmentalists no different to ISIS ...who were reduced to killing children with nail bombs
    You fucking twat...

Its nothing like the relationship between England and America...fighting for independence from a country 3000 miles away..

There were two tribes in Ireland, the Catholics and the protestants..dominated by the bigger protestant England...
    The two countries have been connected for 1000 years its very complicated......so much more connected...it does not excuse Fascism over democracy..when most people in both countries are against it...

You have this sort of vauge plastic paddy Boston attitude nobody in Ireland has anymore..
    Last edited by Exocet; 03-22-2017 at 07:41 PM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I read that about 12 terrorist plots were prevented in the last couple of years in London, so yeah, those security monitoring accomplished that much.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    You have this sort of vauge plastic paddy Boston attitude nobody in Ireland has anymore..
    Please tell me more about how Irish people feel.

Actual Irish person's opinion: the bombings and murders were wrong, but they were oppressed as fuck in Northern Ireland.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    very confused gent worked for him for a spell we used to joke he couldn't decide if he wanted to be Steve jobs or Larry Ellison, then he kind of snapped there was the meth lab in south America and murdering his neighbor
    -Louie

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Explosions at Russian metro station: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-39481770

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Reading about the United Airline situation I can't believe nobody would get off the flight for $800 each. If that had been me I'd probably have taken the $400.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    that flight was the least sexy trip ever...Chicago to Louisville, right? There's little likelihood anyone on that was vacationing & hence had some leeway. They all had places to be yo'.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    According to @hackerfantastic (Twitter) and various other sources:

"This is really bad, in about an hour or so any attacker can download simple toolkit to hack into Microsoft based computers around the globe."

The equivalent of IDDQD God Mode for Windows boxes.

Per @Snowden:

"This is not a drill: #NSA exploits affecting many fully-patched Windows systems have been released to the wild. NSA did not warn Microsoft."
    Last edited by allegro; 04-14-2017 at 01:51 PM.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    as a general user, what does this mean?

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post
    Time to switch to Linux?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Conan The Barbarian View Post