Thread: Life in general: does it suck or is it awesome?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I'm usually a fairly private person but all of this has been weighing on my mind causing many sleepless nights:

My wife and I had a baby girl that was born with Mosaic Down Syndrome in July of this year. SSI benefits were a guarantee since she is on oxygen and a heart monitor (for now). We received SSI benefits for exactly 2 months before it was cut off due to... computer error, yep that's right. She is guaranteed her benefits again but will take 3 months at the minimum. This is the best possible season to lose money like that.

I also found out 4 days ago that my mother has a tumor on her liver. She will be having a biopsy done monday at the earliest (then there's the waiting game for the "official" results). She is also having stints put into her kidneys to drain some blood.

All of this is really kind of leaving me speechless. At least I just passed 5 months of sobriety!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I'm usually a fairly private person but all of this has been weighing on my mind causing many sleepless nights:

My wife and I had a baby girl that was born with Mosaic Down Syndrome in July of this year. SSI benefits were a guarantee since she is on oxygen and a heart monitor (for now). We received SSI benefits for exactly 2 months before it was cut off due to... computer error, yep that's right. She is guaranteed her benefits again but will take 3 months at the minimum. This is the best possible season to lose money like that.

I also found out 4 days ago that my mother has a tumor on her liver. She will be having a biopsy done monday at the earliest (then there's the waiting game for the "official" results). She is also having stints put into her kidneys to drain some blood.

All of this is really kind of leaving me speechless. At least I just passed 5 months of sobriety!
    Wow, what a horrible set of circumstances. But still sober!!! I wish you the best.