Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: No "Everything" in Tension?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

No "Everything" in Tension?

So, unless I'm mistaken, all the Hesitation Marks songs have been played at the shows so far EXCEPT Everything and In Two. Will these be the two HM tracks to join the infamous ranks of never-played-live songs?

I remember hearing what I assumed was rehearsal audio of Everything, and I think I remember reading that it was originally on one of the festival set lists, but was then scrapped. So we know there were at least plans to play the song (and it still COULD be played in the future), but no sign of it yet. A reflection of the apparent scrapping of the music video/maybe TR souring on the song?

I really hope In Two is played in the future, I think it could be great live (especially the drop back into bass noise @ 5:02....god that would be killer live) and definitely one of my favorites on the album.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Why haven't these tracks been played so far? Do you guys want to hear these songs? Honestly I'd be fine without Everything, but I'd kill to hear In Two live.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The hate over the song was incredibly high, and I bet it pissed trent off so bad he scrapped all plans involving it completely because his fans are cunts sometimes.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tour forum, right below this one next time.

Give it time, we've still got a year of touring.

4. 10-08-2013 11:36 AM
    This post has been down-ranked. Click "View Post" to view it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluebird View Post
    I remember hearing what I assumed was rehearsal audio of Everything, and I think I remember reading that it was originally on one of the festival set lists, but was then scrapped. So we know there were at least plans to play the song (and it still COULD be played in the future), but no sign of it yet. A reflection of the apparent scrapping of the music video/maybe TR souring on the song?
    sorry to ask the obvious, but where was this rehearsal audio of Everything? I've been out of the loop for awhile so maybe I missed it.

in addition to fan cunt-ery, I could see that song being an absolute bitch to sing

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    You can hear the live band playing "Everything" in part one of the Vevo behind-the-scenes tour video. I think they'll play it eventually. "The Eater of Dreams" hasn't been played either.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    it would probably be a pain in the ass live, since he even needed to autotune his voice for that song in the studio-version.

he has background singers now though, so who knows. maybe he's saving this one up.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by screwdriver View Post
    sorry to ask the obvious, but where was this rehearsal audio of Everything? I've been out of the loop for awhile so maybe I missed it.

in addition to fan cunt-ery, I could see that song being an absolute bitch to sing

Cunt-ery.
    lol

There were lots of songs that wern't on that rehearsal audio block that have been played so far, so I wouldn't use that as a "they'll only be playing these songs this tour" guide.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    So, unless I'm mistaken, all the Hesitation Marks songs have been played at the shows so far EXCEPT Everything and In Two. Will these be the two HM tracks to join the infamous ranks of never-played-live songs?

I really hope In Two is played in the future, I think it could be great live (especially the drop back into bass noise @ 5:02....god that would be killer live) and definitely one of my favorites on the album.

Anyway, what do you guys think? Why haven't these tracks been played so far? Do you guys want to hear these songs? Honestly I'd be fine without Everything, but I'd kill to hear In Two live.
    I've actually given up on Trent to play the harder/heavier NIN songs live. Trent's already abandoned a bunch of songs I personally think are among his best. Would I be in charge of the setlist for one night i'd include:
    In Two, followed by, Happiness in Slavery, Heresy, The Becoming, Ruiner, I do not want this, WITT, NYD, Pilgrimage, Eraser, Please, Supernaut (1000 homos); I'm Looking Forward..., Closer to God and a whole bunch of Ghosts.

Don't get me wrong, NIN live is awesome but It could be so much more darker and thrilling.

And as for Everything, I think it's one of the more genuine and dark songs on HM, as upbeat as it might sound. There's a fresh and brittle energy to it that makes NIN interesting again and I wouldn't mind placing it in the middle of the setlist. It would act as a turning point after the darker songs.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    it would probably be a pain in the ass live, since he even needed to autotune his voice for that song in the studio-version.

he has background singers now though, so who knows. maybe he's saving this one up.
    you think he auto-tuned the recording? I have no beef with that, and you're probably right because almost everyone does these days, but I don't really hear any obvious tells. He actually sounds pretty out of pitch in parts, which is one of the things I like about the song.

Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    You can hear the live band playing "Everything" in part one of the Vevo behind-the-scenes tour video. I think they'll play it eventually. "The Eater of Dreams" hasn't been played either.
    Thanks -- just listened. obviously that wasn't a full thing, but if that was any indication, it actually sounded sort of ... boring? I could see maybe wanting to make sure its got some impact later.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    you think he auto-tuned the recording? I have no beef with that, and you're probably right because almost everyone does these days, but I don't really hear any obvious tells. He actually sounds pretty out of pitch in parts, which is one of the things I like about the song.
    They applied just enough tuning for it not to be off key. I'd say it's most noticeable in the beginning of the verses... "I surviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiived...". It's bold of Trent trying to sing those parts not being a very good singer.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by r_z View Post
    They applied just enough tuning for it not to be off key. I'd say it's most noticeable in the beginning of the verses... "I surviiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiived...". It's bold of Trent trying to sing those parts not being a very good singer.
    interesting. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just surprised, because I'm usually pretty good at picking that stuff up from doing it so much myself, that I just don't really hear it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm throwing this one in the tour forum. Find it there!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I remember hearing what I assumed was rehearsal audio of Everything, and I think I remember reading that it was originally on one of the festival set lists, but was then scrapped. So we know there were at least plans to play the song (and it still COULD be played in the future), but no sign of it yet.
    Yep, it was on the "v1" Lollapalooza setlist.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hobochic View Post
    I've actually given up on Trent to play the harder/heavier NIN songs live. Trent's already abandoned a bunch of songs I personally think are among his best. Would I be in charge of the setlist for one night i'd include:
    In Two, followed by, Happiness in Slavery, Heresy, The Becoming, Ruiner, I do not want this, WITT, NYD, Pilgrimage, Eraser, Please, Supernaut (1000 homos); I'm Looking Forward..., Closer to God and a whole bunch of Ghosts.

Don't get me wrong, NIN live is awesome but It could be so much more darker and thrilling.

And as for Everything, I think it's one of the more genuine and dark songs on HM, as upbeat as it might sound. There's a fresh and brittle energy to it that makes NIN interesting again and I wouldn't mind placing it in the middle of the setlist. It would act as a turning point after the darker songs.
    It used to be much darker back when Trent was a much darker person. He's not as dark a person now (although its still there) so pretending to be would be out of place.

Also supposedly In Two was sound checked today.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Also supposedly In Two was sound checked today.
    Good to hear, it's one of my favourite songs on the album.

Now, if only we knew wherever it will be played on the European tour...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    interesting. I'm not arguing with you, I'm just surprised, because I'm usually pretty good at picking that stuff up from doing it so much myself, that I just don't really hear it.

sounds more like really good layered vocals with some probable pitch editing.

the term "auto-tune" makes a lot of people think of shit like T-Pain....like the goofy vocoder sound used in most pop music these days.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    sounds more like really good layered vocals with some probable pitch editing.

the term "auto-tune" makes a lot of people think of shit like T-Pain....like the goofy vocoder sound used in most pop music these days.
    aw, I like the goofy vocoder sound

its entertaining

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    In Two was just sounchecked in full... could appear tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I am all about "In Two"... it's been on repeat in my car for a week now!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I hope not. From the looks of it, In Two might have parts that sound like Now I'm Nothing and The Big Come Down live. I also like Everything, so I'd obviously be interested in hearing it live too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't get the hate for Everything, it reminds me a lot of Not So Pretty Now and Getting Smaller. I wish it had real drums tho.

In Two is great.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burn. View Post
    I don't get the hate for Everything, it reminds me a lot of Not So Pretty Now and Getting Smaller. I wish it had real drums tho.

In Two is great.
    this. i actually sort of prefer this version:

edit: i don't know why the copied embed code doesn't work and i am certainly too lazy to figure it out. sorry.

(admin edit: Because you can't use HTML here)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by buckaroo View Post
    this. i actually sort of prefer this version:

edit: i don't know why the copied embed code doesn't work and i am certainly too lazy to figure it out. sorry.

(admin edit: Because you can't use HTML here)
    I guarentee you both of the songs highlighted in this thread would/will have real drums.

That cover was cringeworthy.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    OK, I'll be the one to say it: they just played In Two at the Mohegan Sun.

All that was missing was Various Methods of Escape to make it a perfect HM night.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, they just played In Two last night... and I lost it

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Joy Prevention Hotline View Post
    OK, I'll be the one to say it: they just played In Two at the Mohegan Sun.

All that was missing was Various Methods of Escape to make it a perfect HM night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Yeah, they just played In Two last night... and I lost it

OMG, yes! @_@ I really hope it sticks around a bit more.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Here's a short clip from my iPhone:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    As far as you can tell from these videos, this sounds amazing and the background singers really do fit this song.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Yeah, In Two sounds real good. Hopefully Trents working up to an entire performance of HM in running order. Wouldnt that be a great time to debut Everything?