Thread: 2013.10.07 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)

2013.10.07 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

Please only post in this thread if you attended the show.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Small crowd tonight ladies and gentlemen. Lower bowl and floor only; 6,500 expected attendance. EDIT: Although most of the upper bowl is covered, it looks like they are seating people in the first 2-3 rows.

On a positive note, security was told the band doesn't care about recordings so tapers should be in good shape.
    Last edited by Wish9; 10-07-2013 at 05:46 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Show just started right on time. Explosions inter sky are t very explosive....they remind me of a less noisy less screamy Isis.

I pulled sec 112 row AA off ticketmaster the other day thinking it was up top, turns out AA is the very first row!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just made it to the floor. I got caught in post baseball traffic so I missed the start of EITS. That's okay because it would make good lullaby music.
    I'm wearing my 19 year old Downward Spiral t-shirt.!

PS I'm still taping EITS though. I always tape and collect nin openers too.
    Last edited by gladcarrot; 10-07-2013 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Since I can't talk to my wife because I'm taping, I'll share she thoughts about the palace of auburn hills. This is the 5th time they have played here. They played on new years eve 1994 with PWEI (who rocked) and the Jim Rose Circus. Next was the Outside tour with Bowie and Prick (who i missed all but the last minute because of traffic) in 1995. In 2000, they played here with A Perfect Circle. Then in 2008, they played the lights in the sky show here with a place to bury strangers. Good times. Except for traffic .

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    EITS were garbage.

I believe I have an old NIN silver bootleg cd that was recorded at this place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Well I left early. Not cause of NIN. Mostly I was tired before I even got there, then some asshole spilled beer all over me before I had been there 20 mins. Then the opening band were horrible, dont know what Trent was thinking having them as openers. Just got too tired and too pissed to stay. The 5 songs I saw from NIN were great though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just got home, that was a kick ass fucking show! My seventh time seeing them and the first in Michigan (saw them in CA the rest since I lived there for a while). I was on the floor about 20-30 feet from the front, right at the edge of the pit.

I was a little disappointed that they didn't play Gave Up, but I knew that going in having seen the previous setlists. Even Deeper was a nice surprise, though. I'm not sure I've even seen that live before. Anyway, I'm definitely going to feel this one tomorrow.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

2013.10.07 - Auburn Hills, MI @ The Palace of Auburn Hills

I've never been to a show in Detroit, went here as a consolation for no "real" Chicago show. Is it normal @ the Palace for them to not allow food or drinks on the GA floor? That just seems like a dangerous policy... not even a bottle of water?

Apparently though, smoking of all kinds was completely acceptable, since security did absolutely nothing to stop it...

As for the NIN portion, the stage show and set list were amazing. I really enjoyed the addition of backup singers. Even older songs had a fresh feel to them. Great show.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Copy of A
    Terrible Lie
    March of the Pigs
    Piggy
    All Time Low
    Disappointed
    Came Back Haunted
    Find My Way
    The Frail
    The Wretched
    I Would For You
    Survivalism
    Running
    A Warm Place
    Somewhat Damaged
    Wish
    Only
    The Hand That Feeds
    Head Like a Hole

Echoplex
    Even Deeper
    While I'm Still Here - Black Noise
    Hurt

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Just arriving my hotel, the show was amazing, i'm coming from México City, so i enjoyed the show, i met some nice people, so fucking tired.

it was nice see Trent Reznor do what he likes With such a passion.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Excellent show, I wonder what happened to In This Twilight. The new songs sound great and all the stuff from the fragile is excellent.

My only complaint is that this whales cunt of a woman next to me was more concerned with dry humping the guy she wiht than watching the show and did nothing but talk (and fucking spill beer on my within 26 seconds of showing up to her seat) and act in a general cunty manor for most of the show.

Next show Raleigh in 2 weeks...can't wait!

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Thought this show was fantastic. The sound was quite a bit louder than Cleveland and i think the crowd was in to it a bit more. I was quite impressed with the crowd response in auburn hills and Cleveland considering how small the crowds were.

"I would for you" was a definite highlight

I believe i heard Trent say "see you soon" as he left the stage.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Y es, the crowd was exciting, and i think Trent was surprised, even it doesnt sold out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I hadn't really been able to get into Explosions in the Sky before and I was hoping that seeing them live might change that. Not really... I mean, I can appreciate what they do, I think, but it just really isn't my thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    It was nice meeting you beforehand at the gas station Vrolok1! I ended up where I wanted to be on the rail after all of the drama with the venue that happened beforehand. Security inside and the staff were great though. I liked this a hell of a lot more than the Cleveland crowd. I Would for You and Somewhat Damaged (since the crowd was a lot more into it at this one) were the highlights for me. I enjoyed the opener, really talented dudes, but I don't think I can sit down and listen to their studio stuff and get into them. Sadly, this was my last show of the year, but my favorite of this tour.
    OH and it was sweet when I went in to buy merch they were soundchecking TDTWWA. Sad we didn't get it, but glad my friends got it in Pitts. I'm hating myself that I ended up spending $60 on 3 posters and $80 on two shirts, but oh well. I'm so glad they're allowing us to run stuff to our cars this tour.
    Last edited by lady weetly; 10-09-2013 at 05:58 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by lady weetly View Post
    It was nice meeting you beforehand at the gas station Vrolok1! I ended up where I wanted to be on the rail after all of the drama with the venue that happened beforehand. Security inside and the staff were great though. I liked this a hell of a lot more than the Cleveland crowd. I Would for You and Somewhat Damaged (since the crowd was a lot more into it at this one) were the highlights for me. I enjoyed the opener, really talented dudes, but I don't think I can sit down and listen to their studio stuff and get into them. Sadly, this was my last show of the year, but my favorite of this tour.
    OH and it was sweet when I went in to buy merch they were soundchecking TDTWWA. Sad we didn't get it, but glad my friends got it in Pitts. I'm hating myself that I ended up spending $60 on 3 posters and $80 on two shirts, but oh well. I'm so glad they're allowing us to run stuff to our cars this tour.
    hey, thanks, it was a pleasure met you guys, and yes, there was a little bit of anxiety before the show, i guess because of the security guys who kick us out, hahaha

ando pittsburgh where the Lucky ones to hear TDTWWA, buen nevermind.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Just posted a pretty good clip from Disappointed in Detroit.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    It never ceases to amaze me how varied the security experience is from venue to venue. By all accounts, this one was a total clusterfuck. I wasn't privy to all of the sordid detail, but it is fair to say a majority of the security here were simply inept.

Anyhow, this was a soundboard night for me as I wanted to check out the imagery during the performance. I probably won't do it again since there were so many fuckers holding up their phones during the show. I totally understand wanting a picture or video as a souvenir, but when you do it for the whole show and you're that far back - it boggles the clue clown my mind.

I'm totally enjoying the new HM additions to the set (I've almost heard the complete album live) and feel like TR needs to add these live fragile tracks (especially "The Wretched" & "Even Deeper") to the upcoming special edition of the album.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This was my first show at this venue but security was pretty good. I was front row right by the stage and no one had any issues with using my phone to take pictures and videos

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Had tickets to see NIN at the Palace on Monday but ended up being admitted to the hospital to have my gallbladder out instead, very unhappy camper her

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by leftofzero View Post
    Had tickets to see NIN at the Palace on Monday but ended up being admitted to the hospital to have my gallbladder out instead, very unhappy camper her
    Oh man that's terrible! You must be doing well if you're posting here! There will be another tour next year I'm sure so you'll get another shot to see them.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by FULLMETAL View Post

I'm totally enjoying the new HM additions to the set (I've almost heard the complete album live) and feel like TR needs to add these live fragile tracks (especially "The Wretched" & "Even Deeper") to the upcoming special edition of the album.
    Ummm, what's that last part about? Special Edition?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    some pics taken by me. enjoy it, sorry itīs in spanish.https://www.facebook.com/ninmexico/p...=story_reshare

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

some iPhone photos...

For only using an iPhone, my husband does a pretty good job at taking photographs from the middle of the pit!