Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N' Roses

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The band gets together again in 2 weeks!!! Tommy Stinson is promising some major news!

http://www.nba.com/sixers/video/2012...sonmov-1972955

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I occasionally listen to a sports podcast called, The Sports-Casters. Usually it has nothing to do with anything that would be relevant on this board, but much to my surprise, one of their guests today was Duff. Duff appears with SL Price and Michael Farber. If you aren't interested in the sports stuff you can skip ahead to the Duff interview at the (02:05:27) mark.

Duff directly responds to the hall of fame, the Velvet Revolver reunion, and there is some sports talk mixed in there.

Check out the most current interview with Duff out there:

http://www.sports-casters.com

The podcast is also on stitcher, iTunes, and I sometimes listen to it on my iPad with an app called instacast.

What do you guys think of the interviews. I don't want to give any spoilers so I will save my opinion until more people have had the chance to listen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    GUNS N’ ROSES PLAN NEW YORK TAKEOVER
    WITH HISTORIC RETURN TO THE RITZ

LOS ANGELES, CA (January 30, 2012) – Seminal rock icons, Guns N’ Roses, are set to invade New York during fashion week with a series of intimate shows then continue with additional stops through the northeast, announced today. Six shows confirmed so far including the historic return to The Ritz (now Webster Hall), 24 years after the filming of their heralded “Live At The Ritz” – the MTV concert continues to be one of the most sought after trades in bootleg circles. For the Webster Hall date, GN’R will celebrate their return by reclaiming the venue as The Ritz with signage and the name appearing on the marquee. The New York takeover in February marks the first time the band will appear at Roseland and Terminal 5, beginning on February 10, 2012. Full list of dates below.
    Ticket presale on Tuesday, January 31 at 10:00am ET for the NY run, public on-sale is Wednesday, February 1. Chicago, Silver Spring and Atlantic City presale is Wednesday, February 1 at 10:00am EST, with public on-sale Friday, February 3. Tickets and VIP packages for all six dates will be available at gunsnroses.com.
    Guns N’ Roses have just come off their sold-out global 2011 arena tour, with more than 30 shows in the US, visits to Latin America and multiple festivals, having played to millions of fans around the globe.
    Celebrated worldwide as one of the most important rock acts in musical history, Guns N’ Roses are Axl Rose, DJ Ashba (guitar), Dizzy Reed (keyboards), Tommy Stinson (bass), Richard Fortus (guitar), Ron “Bumblefoot” Thal (guitar), Chris Pitman (keyboards) and Frank Ferrer (drums). Founder Axl Rose started Guns N’ Roses over 25 years ago and since that time, they have become one of the biggest bands in music history, selling more than 100 million albums worldwide. GN’R’s major-label debut, “Appetite For Destruction,” has sold over 28 million albums in the United States alone. The ground-breaking album changed the course of music with such classic hits as “Welcome The Jungle,” “Paradise City,” and the chart-topping single, “Sweet Child of Mine.” The band’s third studio release, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II, was the first double album release in history to nab both the top spots on the Billboard chart and went on to remain on the charts for more than 108 weeks while the band spent more than 2 years on the road to support. The ‘Illusion’ releases found the band charting new territory in the video arena with the theatrical trilogy, “November Rain,” “Don’t Cry” and “Estranged.” The band’s most recent release, Chinese Democracy (Black Frog/Geffen Records), released in November 2008 and debuted #1 on the charts in thirteen countries, going platinum in 15 countries!

Tour Dates:
    February 10 Roseland Ballroom New York, NY
    February 12 Terminal 6 New York, NY
    February 15 The Ritz (Webster Hall) New York, NY
    February 19 House of Blues Chicago, IL
    February 23 The Fillmore Silver Spring, MD
    February 24 House of Blues Atlantic City, NJ

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Uhh...pretty sure no one, and I mean NO ONE will care. Post all the spoilers you want, champ.
    Nothing at all surprising about the Duff interview, except that they didn't mention Jane's Addiction even once.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Where's Terminal 6?
    Is it the bastard child of Terminal 5?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It'll be exciting to watch on youtube. If you're going, please bring a camera.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I shittily photoshopped this in 10th grade. Oh the years have gone by.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    You mean other than having as your voice?

Oh, and uhh...yeah I'm the one obsessed here. Quick, let me find some other forum where literally no one gives a shit about a certain washed up band and fuck it. I'm gonna just post there incessantly! That's the ticket!
    I have very few posts,Brosef. Shocking as it might be to you some fans of Robin Finck became GNR fans when he was in the band for ten years.Some of them even stayed on board when he left. Axl Rose has a four octave vocal range and it rules.That is far from annoying.If you are a man (I'm not sure if you are) and you spend this much time posting about his looks, I worry for you Broham.
    Last edited by W Axl Rose; 02-01-2012 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I doubt people care that much about Robin Finck.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    No ill will towards you but I knew for a fact you were going to mention something about Robin Finck at some point as justification for any reason. For the record,

Aaron North > Robin Finck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    No ill will towards you but I knew for a fact you were going to mention something about Robin Finck at some point as justification for any reason. For the record,

Aaron North > Robin Finck

Has this Aaron North fella written anything as close to awesome as Better?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I doubt people care that much about Robin Finck.
    I do.He was in my favorite band for ten years.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I don't, I mean he's not better than Adam Jones of Tool, and everyone knows Tool is the greatest band in the world.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Aaron North is leagues better and wilder than Finck could ever dream. As far as new Guns go, I found Better a bit lame. Madatnascar is the best.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I don't, I mean he's not better than Adam Jones of Tool, and everyone knows Tool is the greatest band in the world.
    I don't know about that. Guns N Roses are better in my opinion.Tool must be GNR fans though since they had Guns drummer Frank Ferrer do a drum off with Danny Carey last night:

Drum off with Danny Carey of TOOL!!! 2/1/12 Izod Center NJ!!!!
    Last edited by W Axl Rose; 02-02-2012 at 06:39 PM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Uhh, he was being sarcastic broham. If you ventured out in to the scaaaaary world of...ANOTHER THREAD ON THIS FORUM...you'd have probably realized that.

Oh, and the reason Tool had Ferrer drum with them is because he's an accomplished session drummer. Look up 'session musicians' if you're not sure what they are. (don't be surprised if you see most of the current GnR lineup on the wiki page when you do...)

*facepalm*

yeah, i saw ferrer drum with tool back on the lateralus tour, when he was also playing with psychedelic furs. they're old friends, i reckon.

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Yeah... at the last two Tool shows in Toronto (2009 and 2012), Chris Chartrand did the drum-off in "Lateralus". Does that mean Tool are big fans of Crystal Castles? No; that's just one of the bands Chris happens to play with.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Looking back on this, I have no idea why I mentioned Tool.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looking back on this, I have no idea why I mentioned Tool.
    Because Frank Ferrer is part of Guns and Tool has a connection with them, silly.

To be honest, the only thing I could hope for or look forward to from this new Guns is their release of a studio version of Silkworms. But we know that won't happen anytime soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Good news Brothers.Tomorrow is W.Axl Rose's 50th Birthday! How do you plan to celebrate?

W. Axl Rose (born William Bruce Rose, Jr.; raised as William Bruce Bailey; February 6, 1962) is an American singer-songwriter and musician. He is the lead vocalist and only remaining original member of the hard rock band Guns N' Roses, with whom he enjoyed great success and recognition in the late 1980s and early 1990s, before disappearing from the public eye for several years. In 2001, he resurfaced with a new line-up of Guns N' Roses at Rock in Rio 3, and subsequently played periodic concert tours, before releasing the long-delayed album Chinese Democracy in 2008. Rose has been named one of the greatest singers of all time by various media outlets, including Rolling Stone and NME.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    You know how Elvis got all fucked up and fat? This is what this reminds me of.
    Except Elvis could still sing when he was fat. Axl gets all out of breath and sounds like crap.

If you look over shows from the past decade, there is almost a direct correlation between how poorly or good Axl sounds and how much he weighs. At least, that's how it seems from the youtube clips that I have seen.

Get ready for a load of GNR news in the mainstream media too. I'm getting the feeling that everybody will at least show up for the Rock N Roll HoF show. They may not play a song, but I think they are at least going to show up and accept the honor together.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Axl's lost his weight, seen him recently

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dolemite View Post
    I'm getting the feeling that everybody will at least show up for the Rock N Roll HoF show. They may not play a song, but I think they are at least going to show up and accept the honor together.
    Be ready for a disappointment. Everything Axl's said for years indicates that he will NOT pick up the award if Slash is present. Furthermore, why are they only inducting the 1991-era band members if the award is for a band that's existed for 25+ years? Makes no sense.
    Last edited by botley; 02-06-2012 at 11:45 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I assume the minute they were announced for the HOF he lost the appetite. Seriously lookin 90's thin right now. Helluva Vancouver show w Duff in on it

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    "Duff's bday yesterday, the redhead's today, Happy Birthday fuckers! iiiI; )'"
    https://twitter.com/slash

Mentioned
    399 Post(s)
    I get that some of you don't like Guns n Roses. I don't really like Guns n Roses. I am also not a particularly funny person. Having said that, it's not prudent to do a shitty job honing my comedy craft in a thread on ETS about Guns n Roses. I am a fan of the absurd, but this is just dumb. Please keep it on topic.

Mentioned
    112 Post(s)
    Personally, on-topic humor about the latest updates or whatever is perfectly fine, funny or not (tastes vary and all that), but assholes telling someone they're out of line for simply posting on-topic news updates in the pertinent thread is going too far and SHOULD be put to a stop.

I don't care enough about G'n'R to hunt for info or post in here much, but I DO like them enough to enjoy being kept up to date by threads like this.

If you don't like something then just click something else, ffs.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://www.metro.us/newyork/entertai...ittle-patience
    The only person who has been in Guns N’ Roses longer than keyboard player Dizzy Reed is Axl Rose. Reed joined the band in the early ’90s, shortly before the “Use Your Illusion” albums, and stuck through the historically long waiting period for the follow-up that was “Chinese Democracy” in 2008. Although he wasn’t in the picture for the band’s club days, Guns N’ Roses is returning to these roots this week, with a series of club shows to coincide with Fashion Week. These intimate Fashion Week gigs have become a bit of a tradition for GnR, one which Reed says he finds a little baffling.

Why Fashion Week?
    I don’t really know the answer to that question, but I ask myself that question sometimes. It’s a cool thing to be a part of it, but from my perspective it’s a bit of a quintessential New York experience. And rock ’n’ roll and fashion have always sort of been intertwined.

You’re also returning to the Ritz, which although it’s now called Webster Hall, is where Guns N’ Roses performed a classic show that ran on MTV for a long time.
    I think that was one of the moments out here [in Los Angeles] where we all sort of realized that Guns were gonna blow up.

Walk me through a little bit of the waiting period, wondering if “Chinese Democracy” was ever going to be released.
    We’ve only got 15 minutes! [Laughs] I went through the ga-mut of emotions on a daily basis, depending on what was going on in my life. From a financial standpoint, and from every-thing, it was just emotional. We had so many things tied into that record and so many things went down, and so many people came and went. We had been touring already for so long, playing those songs and I’m just really, really happy and thankful that it came out and I think it’s one of the best re-cords I’ve ever [been a part of].

You talk of people coming and going. How have you stayed in the band so long?
    I think coming into the band as I did, I just had a different perspective on it. I was pretty grateful to be called up to be a part of what was such a huge thing at the time, and if I ever start drifting off into any sort of place where maybe I want to do a little more for myself I just try to remind myself that I'm pretty darn lucky.

Axl gets a bad rap for the ways he has led this band, but you’ve worked with him for so long.
    He’s a great, great man. He’s done a lot for me and my family and for so many other people. And people don’t know that about him. And you know what? He’s always got some great jokes, man.

So what do you know about the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame?
    Rock and Roll Hall of Fame? Um, it’s in Cleveland.
    But do you know what’s going to happen with GnR’s induction into the Hall in April? There are rumors of a reunion of the original lineup.
    I haven’t gotten any details. I spoke with the people of that institution. They gave me a call and told me to mark it on the calendar, to be there. As far as the details of what’s going to happen, I haven’t received any sort of itinerary or schedule. It’s something I’m just trying not to think about until it gets closer. It’s not that I don’t appreciate it. It’s a great thing, and it’s great for all the people who supported the band over the years.

I understand that you’re still friends with everybody who has been in the band through the years, is that right?
    Friendly, I’d say. I haven’t talked to a couple of the guys at all since they left. But Duff got up and jammed with us in Seattle and Vancouver last year. His band Loaded opened up for us, which was fantastic. Izzy came and did a few shows with us, and sat in, in 2010, which was cool.

Weren’t you and Izzy kind of like ships passing in the night?
    No, we played together. When I actually joined the band, it was still the original five guys. With Steven, we recorded “Civil War,” and then I didn’t see him again, and then we had a new drummer. But Izzy toured with us right up to when the “Use Your Illusion” albums came out.

I just remember the video that featured a sign that said, “Where’s Izzy?”
    Oh yeah. That was on my jacket.

And you’ve been immortalized, by making it onto the Guns N’ Roses pinball machine as well...
    Yes I did. I’m on the pinball machine, and I can’t remember what it was that triggers it, but you can get the “Dizzy ball,” and it starts going crazy and you can score a whole bunch of points. I think it was patterned after me after too many vodkas or something.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm surprised you didn't mention that a remix of Better leaked last night. Let me down!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't mention that a remix of Better leaked last night. Let me down!
    If this was one of the remixes that Brain mentioned, cool. For all I know, it's fan made though. I guess I like it. I wanna hear these other songs like The General.