Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Guns N' Roses

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    side note since I read a few of those twitter responses this morning: The cognitive flips people have to do to tell entertainers to stay out of politics has got to be shortening their lifespan appreciatively, right?
    Most Trump supporters don't have much self-awareness.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Welcome to the Jungle: How Melissa Reese Broke the Guns N’ Roses Glass Ceiling

The keyboardist has spent the last four years gigging with Guns N’ Roses, but it’s just the first part of her quest to become ‘the female Trent Reznor’

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    GnR's The Garden reminds me of Jane's Addiction's Ocean Size. Especially during the spacey guitar solo parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I was listening to Chinese Democracy on my jog tonight, and I think that album has held up rather well. Maybe not a massive
    seller with a ton of hit singles, but I feel that it's a sleeper album that will generate fans over the years.
    I actually thought the demos for CD were better than what they released. (I like the album though! )

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineismine View Post
    I actually thought the demos for CD were better than what they released. (I like the album though! )
    Yeah, it's been a while, but I liked the demo for "Prostitute" better and I thought the demo for "Catcher in the Rye" with Brian May's solo was much better than what ended up on the album. I like the final version but it sounds too busy at the end. I think they nailed it on the demo and then just messed with it too much.

Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Guns N Roses have reserved Fri 8/6 for a second show at MetLife Stadium in NJ. Was told in confidence from a person that def. knows what they're talking about, and the reason being that this booking will affect me (sorry for being vague). Obviously all these bookings & postponements hinge on things going well with the vaccine, but clearly the industry is going full tilt hoping for the best, cuz what other choice do they have?
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 12-26-2020 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Whenever this thread is bumped, I'm hoping that it's an update on a new album, damn.

But yeah, the Boston show was pushed up to summer 2021. Same for Aerosmith.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Well I read that Slash had been doing some work on 'the Guns record' here: https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/12/2...music-in-2021/

Which is heartening. Hopefully they get it together over the next year or so.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Well I read that Slash had been doing some work on 'the Guns record' here: https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/12/2...music-in-2021/

Which is heartening. Hopefully they get it together over the next year or so.
    Songs like "Atlas Shrugged" sound good, but Slash's playing could really take it to the next level. I'm hoping Slash/Duff brought their own ideas into the new album. There's some great riffs/ideas on Slash's solo work, but it's missing Axl's soaring vocals.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Axl Rose to appear on Scooby Doo 2/25

Here's a clip.

From Rolling Stone:

"When Fred, Velma, Daphne, Shaggy, and Scooby take a road trip down historic Route 66, they encounter a mysterious group of mud men who steal the Mystery Machine. While stranded in the desert, they check out an abandoned diner 'to see if they have Wi-Fi inside' — Daphne's priorities — where they discover Axl, who turns out to already be buddies with Shaggy and Scooby. As the gang dives deeper into the case, each member begins to disappear, and it's eventually up to Shaggy, Scooby, and Axl to find their friends and solve the mystery."
    Last edited by GulDukat; 02-23-2021 at 12:41 PM.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Another scene of Axl on Scooby Doo.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Just saw "Dark Diner of Route 66," the Scooby-Doo episode with Axl Rose. It's pretty much what I was expecting, very, very silly but fun. You get to see cartoon Axl do some Indiana Jones moves, like using a whip to jump from one ledge to another, stop a wall of spikes with a rock and fleeing from poison darts with Shaggy and Scoob. My life is now complete.
    Last edited by GulDukat; Yesterday at 11:31 AM.