Page 1 of 31 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N' Roses

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Didn't even realize there was a show on Monday less than an hour's drive away from me. Who the hell is promoting this? Are people supposed to find out about these shows via smoke signal?

EDIT: To add insult to injury, they played "Estranged", "Patience" and "Don't Cry"... fuck!
    Last edited by botley; 04-17-2020 at 08:11 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Most of these shows were announced near the date. The Houston date wasn't announced till two weeks before the show and tickets went on sale the same day. Not sure who's promoting these gigs. It's not like these guys are Radiohead or anything.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I guess nobody had the "patience" to wait for the shows, that's why they went on sale so late.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Sup, Pepper

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    As always, thanks for the constant GNR info - you're doing Gods work Mr Pepper!

Any news on Chinese Democracy II: Rebellion in Hong Kong?

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    I saw "GNR" in 2006, and would never go again. But I'd be interested in a new album, Chinese Democracy rules.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    GN'R will be inducted to the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame according to Eddie Trunk!

Interesting to see who actually turns up...

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Apparently the show last night was cancelled due to 'safety concerns with the stage set up'. If you still consider this "GnR" and not just a fat washed up has-been trying to cash grab with a group of hired musicians, you're delusional. Safety concerns for the stage? Gee, why?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    How do you go from arguably the best debut album ever to this...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    I feel like "safety hazard" is their most common excuse... wuat exactly do they do up there thats so dangerous?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    ROFL - Groupon has an offer today for up to 53% off on GnR tickets for the Seattle show

I *might* go just because of this deal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I'm sure that you must've seen this already. I immediately thought of this video after seeing the doughnuts in the Guns N' Roses thread.

As for Guns N' Roses, Appetite For Destruction, G&R Lies, Use Your Illusion I and Use Your Illusion II will always be my favorite releases from them. Chinese Democracy was okay though, but I did end up liking a couple of songs from it. As a cover album, I thought The Spaghetti Incident? was okay too, but I didn't really listen to it that much. It was also nice to hear Michael Monroe from Hanoi Rocks on Bad Obsession and Ain't It Fun too.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 12-06-2011 at 08:25 PM.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    wait, im not sure if youre all being sarcastic or not. you're aware that the safety concerns excuse is BS and shows are getting cancelled bc of low ticket sales right?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/bla...sitemID=167241
    GUNS N' ROSES Frontman Presented With Key To West Valley City - Dec. 14, 2011

GUNS N' ROSES frontman Axl Rose was presented with a key to the city about one hour into the band's concert Wednesday night (December 14) at the Maverik Center in West Valley City, Utah. Right before the group launched into its cover version of Paul McCartney's "Live And Let Die", Mayor Mike Winder walked onstage and greeted Rose, congratulating the singer on this past week's announcement that the Los Angeles-based act will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame.
    "How long do you stay open?" Rose asked the mayor after being presented with the key.
    "All night for GUNS N' ROSES," the mayor replied.
    Axl: "I'll use the key to get out of jail"

GUNS N' ROSES reportedly played a three-hour set last night consisting of more than 30 songs, ending just after 2 a.m. with the band's classic track "Paradise City".
    As previously reported, it has been confirmed that ex-GUNS N' ROSES bassist Duff McKagan's band LOADED will open two shows for the latest version of GUNS on that band's current North American tour. LOADED will warm up for GUNS N' ROSES on December 16 at the Key Arena in Seattle and December 17 at Pacific Coliseum in Vancouver, British Columbia.
    McKagan made worldwide headlines in October 2010 when he joined GUNS onstage for four songs at a concert in London, England, marking the first time he had set foot on a stage with GUNS N' ROSES in 17 years.
    GUNS N' ROSES will be inducted into the Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame next April in Cleveland, prompting speculation about whether the event could lead to a reunion of the band's original lineup.
    McKagan admitted last month in an interview that he had a hard time imaging such a possibility, saying, "I can't. I can't picture it. Your guess is as good as mine. There is no picture."
    Rose was ambivalent in a recent interview about the Hall Of Fame, and told Billboard.com in 2009 that he could never see himself playing with original GUNS guitarist Slash again, saying, "One of the two of us will die before a reunion. However sad, ugly or unfortunate anyone views it, it is how it is."

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Got my tickets for tonight's show!!! Thank you groupon!! Haha...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Bumblefoot

At the studio, mixing & mastering rapper Scarface's next album... preview here: http://itunes.apple.com/album/cold-b...le/id480869250

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    GN'R will be inducted to the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame according to Eddie Trunk!

Interesting to see who actually turns up...
    I think what's going to happen is Slash and everyone else will show up, and Axl is going to accept via satellite. What I hope happens is they all go on stage with Slash's new singer and blow the crowd of suits and fans (it's in Cleveland like it was in 2009).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    bumblefoot Bumblefoot
    @NAMM Sat Jan 21, 2-3pm @engl_amps Booth 5824 Hall B Signing with @DuffMcKagan @insertfartnoise & @bumblefoot

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    January 13th, 2012
    Axl Rose Performs His Civic Duty

By Marisa Laudadio
    Friday January 13, 2012 08:20 AM EST
    Welcome to the legal jungle, baby!

A source tells PEOPLE that Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose has been serving jury duty on a civil trial in Santa Monica, Calif.

The rocker's rep confirms that Rose, 49, indeed has been performing his civic duty – having completed jury duty service on Tuesday "after serving four days of the trial process," says his rep.

"It was relatively painless," says Rose, who just completed a U.S. tour with his band last month. "I was fortunate that everyone in the courthouse and jurors were all really great, plus I got to see daylight from a different prospect."

Guns N' Roses will be inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame in April, along with other artists including the Beastie Boys and Red Hot Chili Peppers.

Source(s): http://www.people.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    He serves Jury Duty? Who gives a fuck. Seriously, why even bother posting useless info I could give two shits about?

P.S. I love how all 6 of your posts are nothing but in this thread.
    This is a GUNS N ROSES THREAD,BROHAM. Axl serving jury duty is Guns N Roses news.As is Bumblefoot appearing at NAMM. If ya don't like it, don't read/post in the GnR thread.Pretty simple, Chief.
    Dj Ashba:I wrote 12 songs for Gn'R and Axl liked it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    This is a GUNS N ROSES THREAD,BROHAM. Axl serving jury duty is Guns N Roses news.As is Bumblefoot appearing at NAMM. If ya don't like it, don't read/post in the GnR thread.Pretty simple, Chief.
    Dj Ashba:I wrote 12 songs for Gn'R and Axl liked it.
    I like moderate GNR but the news was irrelevant to any music news really.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Breaking news: DJ Ashba Still Not a DJ.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    If you guys don't want to read news about GnR... then why the fuck are you in the GnR thread?

There's dozens of other crappy threads floating around. I for one enjoy hearing whatever Axl might be up too, if only for it being amusing...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    People bitching about the GNR thread getting brought up is ridiculous. If this was a Radiohead thread and Thom Yorke was doing his civic duty or whatever they do in England, people would be pissing themselves and patting themselves on the back over how awesome Thom was. Axl's a douche, and people get pissed when his name is even brought up.

For my part, I think Axl doing jury duty is hilarious. It sounds like the plot to some comedy movie. Also, can you imagine the poor bastard who had Axl Rose on his jury? Guilty or innocent, I damn sure wouldn't want Axl Rose in control of my fate.

Also, a GNR reunion of some sort will likely happen at the R&R Hall of Fame. Axl mentioned in a recent interview that if a reunion did happen, he could only see it involving Slash, Duff, and himself. I found this to be a bizarre statement, but that's what he said.

The thing is, neither Slash nor Axl want to admit that either of them is "wrong", and the R&R hall of fame gives them an excuse to do something together without it being a full blown tour, and this way, neither of them as to admit any wrongdoing, they can just do a show and save-face without either one of them coming back "begging" the other for a reunion. I think that's the real problem - they've both got huge egos and neither of them wants to admit that the other person is "right" about what happened in the past. The RR HoF reunion would let them sidestep that issue, which is why I think it will happen.
    Last edited by dolemite; 02-04-2012 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I don't get the "why are you posting if you don't care attitude?", these are what forums are for. Just as much as Dr. Pepper has a right to talk about Tons o' Fun Rose doing jury duty, we can sure as hell wonder why there's posts. I wonder if Axl said "I WANNA WATCH YOU BLEED" when figuring out the verdict, or if he was upset that they weren't treated to an all you can eat buffet.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Man, hearing about Axl doing jury duty brings me back a few memories of my own jury duty experience. It wasn't so bad. Boring to do but you still had to show up. I got to be an alternate juror for a case for 2 days. At least I got paid. I wonder how much gas/grocery money Axl got for his jury duty service.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlemagne View Post
    I don't get the "why are you posting if you don't care attitude?", these are what forums are for.
    Because to really not care would mean that you wouldn't even want to bother posting in the thread, let alone click on it or even mention it. I'm not undermining you either, it's just what I've always thought about such things.

Quote Originally Posted by Kid Charlegmane View Post
    Just as much as Dr. Pepper has a right to talk about Tons o' Fun Rose doing jury duty, we can sure as hell wonder why there's posts. I wonder if Axl said "I WANNA WATCH YOU BLEED" when figuring out the verdict, or if he was upset that they weren't treated to an all you can eat buffet.
    However, I don't get the "Why are you posting if you don't like it?" attitude. That's what it really looks like to me, and I'd agree with you in that case because forums are obviously not about everybody loving/liking the same exact things at all times, and like any other Guns N' Roses/Axl Rose jokes I've read, those were pretty funny.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 01-15-2012 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    At the Guitar World Zakk Wylde roast, Sharon Osbourne had this to say:
    Asked who she'd like to see roasted in 2013, she replied, "I think Axl Rose, and I’m the woman to fuck him."

http://www.rollingstone.com/music/ne...#ixzz1k7YzqkZb

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    People still give a shit what Sharon Osbourne says?