Thread: Guns N' Roses

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Wow those are mostly small clubs in the US! I figured theyd still hit arenas...

They finished a 3 month US arena tour in January. These are shows to keep them warmed up before they head overseas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    They finished a 3 month US arena tour in January. These are shows to keep them warmed up before they head overseas.
    More like they had trouble filling arenas and figured it was more profitable to gouge whatever gullible idiots fans would show up to a small venue instead of trying to groupon a bunch of unsold tickets. (Can you tell I'm bitter I missed their Orlando arena show only to find out they want 100 fucking dollars for a ticket to their next show?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Courtesy of Moggio at Metal Sludge:

What most of you don't understand about The Up Close & Personal tour, is that A) they've already played arena shows in ALL of these markets a few months ago. B) ticket prices for this particular tour are much higher than the aforementioned arena shows in the fall. So of course attendance isn't going to be arena-sized. And C) as far as these three LA shows are concerned, they make sense to me now. Because when GNR only played one arena show in LA at the Forum two months ago, I knew they didn't meet demand. So these three shows at the House Of Blues, Wiltern & Palladium meets that extra demand not captured by the sole Forum show in December. And of course, a small percentage of fans who attended the Forum show will return to see these three new shows...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by W Axl Rose View Post
    Courtesy of Moggio at Metal Sludge:

What most of you don't understand about The Up Close & Personal tour, is that A) they've already played arena shows in ALL of these markets a few months ago. B) ticket prices for this particular tour are much higher than the aforementioned arena shows in the fall. So of course attendance isn't going to be arena-sized. And C) as far as these three LA shows are concerned, they make sense to me now. Because when GNR only played one arena show in LA at the Forum two months ago, I knew they didn't meet demand. So these three shows at the House Of Blues, Wiltern & Palladium meets that extra demand not captured by the sole Forum show in December. And of course, a small percentage of fans who attended the Forum show will return to see these three new shows...
    That's a special kind of delusion.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sporadic View Post
    That's a special kind of delusion.
    Use Your Delusion?