Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 ... LastLast

Thread: Guns N' Roses

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    side note since I read a few of those twitter responses this morning: The cognitive flips people have to do to tell entertainers to stay out of politics has got to be shortening their lifespan appreciatively, right?
    Most Trump supporters don't have much self-awareness.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Welcome to the Jungle: How Melissa Reese Broke the Guns N’ Roses Glass Ceiling

The keyboardist has spent the last four years gigging with Guns N’ Roses, but it’s just the first part of her quest to become ‘the female Trent Reznor’

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    GnR's The Garden reminds me of Jane's Addiction's Ocean Size. Especially during the spacey guitar solo parts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    I was listening to Chinese Democracy on my jog tonight, and I think that album has held up rather well. Maybe not a massive
    seller with a ton of hit singles, but I feel that it's a sleeper album that will generate fans over the years.
    I actually thought the demos for CD were better than what they released. (I like the album though! )

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nineismine View Post
    I actually thought the demos for CD were better than what they released. (I like the album though! )
    Yeah, it's been a while, but I liked the demo for "Prostitute" better and I thought the demo for "Catcher in the Rye" with Brian May's solo was much better than what ended up on the album. I like the final version but it sounds too busy at the end. I think they nailed it on the demo and then just messed with it too much.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Guns N Roses have reserved Fri 8/6 for a second show at MetLife Stadium in NJ. Was told in confidence from a person that def. knows what they're talking about, and the reason being that this booking will affect me (sorry for being vague). Obviously all these bookings & postponements hinge on things going well with the vaccine, but clearly the industry is going full tilt hoping for the best, cuz what other choice do they have?
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 12-25-2020 at 11:19 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Whenever this thread is bumped, I'm hoping that it's an update on a new album, damn.

But yeah, the Boston show was pushed up to summer 2021. Same for Aerosmith.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Well I read that Slash had been doing some work on 'the Guns record' here: https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/12/2...music-in-2021/

Which is heartening. Hopefully they get it together over the next year or so.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jord View Post
    Well I read that Slash had been doing some work on 'the Guns record' here: https://www.metalsucks.net/2020/12/2...music-in-2021/

Which is heartening. Hopefully they get it together over the next year or so.
    Songs like "Atlas Shrugged" sound good, but Slash's playing could really take it to the next level. I'm hoping Slash/Duff brought their own ideas into the new album. There's some great riffs/ideas on Slash's solo work, but it's missing Axl's soaring vocals.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Axl Rose to appear on Scooby Doo 2/25

Here's a clip.

From Rolling Stone:

"When Fred, Velma, Daphne, Shaggy, and Scooby take a road trip down historic Route 66, they encounter a mysterious group of mud men who steal the Mystery Machine. While stranded in the desert, they check out an abandoned diner 'to see if they have Wi-Fi inside' — Daphne's priorities — where they discover Axl, who turns out to already be buddies with Shaggy and Scooby. As the gang dives deeper into the case, each member begins to disappear, and it's eventually up to Shaggy, Scooby, and Axl to find their friends and solve the mystery."
    Last edited by GulDukat; 02-23-2021 at 11:41 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Another scene of Axl on Scooby Doo.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Just saw "Dark Diner of Route 66," the Scooby-Doo episode with Axl Rose. It's pretty much what I was expecting, very, very silly but fun. You get to see cartoon Axl do some Indiana Jones moves, like using a whip to jump from one ledge to another, stop a wall of spikes with a rock and fleeing from poison darts with Shaggy and Scoob. My life is now complete.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 02-28-2021 at 10:31 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Mammoth WVH (Wolfgang Van Halen) will be opening up the tour.

July 31 - Hershey, PA @ Hersheypark Stadium*
    Aug. 03 - Boston, MA @ Fenway Park
    Aug. 05 - East Rutherford, NJ @ MetLife Stadium
    Aug. 08 - Detroit, MI @ Comerica Park

Aug. 11 - Fargo, ND @ FargoDome
    Aug. 13 - Missoula, MT @ Washington-Grizzly Stadium
    Aug. 16 - Commerce City, CO @ DICK’S Sporting Goods Park
    Aug. 19 - Los Angeles, CA @ Banc of California Stadium
    Aug. 22 - Portland, OR @ Moda Center*
    Aug. 25 - San Jose, CA @ SAP Center at San Jose*
    Aug. 27 - Las Vegas, NV @ Venue to be announced*
    Aug. 30 - Phoenix, AZ @ Phoenix Suns Arena*
    Sep. 01 - Dallas, TX @ American Airlines Center*
    Sep. 04 - Napa, CA @ BottleRock Napa Valley^
    Sep. 08 - Indianapolis, IN @ Lucas Oil Stadium*
    Sep. 11 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena*
    Sep. 12 - Atlantic City, NJ @ Hard Rock Live at Etess Arena*
    Sep. 16 - Chicago, IL @ Wrigley Field
    Sep. 18 - Milwaukee, WI @ American Family Insurance Amphitheater | Summerfest
    Sep. 21 - St. Paul, MN @ Xcel Energy Center*
    Sep. 23 - Columbus, OH @ Schottenstein Center*
    Sep. 26 - Baltimore, MD @ Royal Farms Arena*
    Sep. 29 - Raleigh, NC @ PNC Arena*
    Oct. 02 - Hollywood, FL @ Hard Rock Live Arena*
    Oct. 03 - Hollywood, FL @ Hard Rock Live Arena** New tour dates
    ^ Festival date (MAMMOTH WVH not performing)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "New" GN'R song debuted in Boston. "Absurd," which is a reworking of "Silkworms."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The original version of that song in 2001 was much better than this. I hate that Axl didn’t stay on path with his “industrial” album ala “Oh My God” and “Silk Worms”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    What kind of fucked up timeline are we in that this is now released as their new single??? Also what is going on with the weirdly cut vocal phrasing on the verses?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hard School, Perhaps and Atlas Shrugged next please lol
    Last edited by LaneSax; 08-07-2021 at 06:18 AM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I wish they kept the line "what can i do, with a bitch like you?"

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Never been a big G&R fan but this bangs. I think one of the only other tracks I enjoy is Oh My God.

Is Chinese Democracy worth listening to if I'm going along these lines?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Never been a big G&R fan but this bangs. I think one of the only other tracks I enjoy is Oh My God.

If you like those songs, then yes, check out Chinese Democracy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

If you like this too, then definitely check Chinese Democracy out

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    New GNR single? Crap, they were only two years away from another 15-year gap - which was the same time that passed between "The Spaghetti Incident" and "Chinese Democracy". Releasing new music once every 13-15 years really challenges Tool's standard

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by captainbeyond View Post
    The original version of that song in 2001 was much better than this. I hate that Axl didn’t stay on path with his “industrial” album ala “Oh My God” and “Silk Worms”
    With Slash and Duff back in the band, this arrangement is more appropriate. I'm happy to have an album of Chinese Democracy leftovers with the Slash and Duff, but for the next one (released in 2035), I would like to see the band enter the studio and start something from scratch.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    What a horrible fucking song. Apparently the "new" single is getting massacred on GNR fan sites and Slash took it off instagram because of the negative feedback. When you're idea of a new song is taking a 20 year old song, using the same vocal take and having Slash put his guitar overdubs on top of it....You have run out of things to say

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Helpmeiaminhell View Post
    What a horrible fucking song. Apparently the "new" single is getting massacred on GNR fan sites and Slash took it off instagram because of the negative feedback. When you're idea of a new song is taking a 20 year old song, using the same vocal take and having Slash put his guitar overdubs on top of it....You have run out of things to say
    Meh. The negative voices are always the loudest. On the official GN'R Youtube channel it has 38K likes to 7k dislikes.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    It's just re-heated leftovers and I assumed they'd be better than that. Just the idea that most of the classic line-up reunited is monumental, why go that route? "Keep the redheaded guy happy so we don't ruin this", I guess.