Page 25 of 26 FirstFirst ... 15 23 24 25 26 LastLast
Results 721 to 750 of 756

Thread: Guns N' Roses

  1. #721
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Thanks!
    No problem. Enjoy!

  2. #722
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Apparently an instrumental “As It Began” has just leaked too

  3. #723
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Thanks for the heads up on these leaks - I was a huge GNR fan - they were the first band I really got into, before Nirvana, NIN, Manson, etc. There is no mention of these leaks on heretodaygonetohell.com which I visit now and then to see if GNR are doing anything aside from touring.

    So far it looks like there isn't a goldmine of outstanding tracks in Axl's vaults, these songs are pretty poor and I don't think the fans are missing out on anything amazing - but I'll keep collecting them and maybe I can make a little Axl Rose Solo EP or something.
    Last edited by fishtifer; 09-16-2019 at 07:58 AM.

  4. #724
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,324
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    I like these songs--this shit should have been released in 2010/2011/2012, a few years before the reunion tour.

  5. #725
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Hat, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there a complete list of the leaks so far somewhere?

  6. #726
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Perhaps and Hardschool are the standout track for me

    Atlas is growing on me
    Really hope this is a sign that there will be a new release in the very near future

  7. #727
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,324
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Perhaps
    Atlas Shrugged
    Hard School
    State of Grace

    I've read that "Silkworms" was released but haven't found it online. So after 11 years, we have about one-third of the Chinese Democracy follow-up, in demo form. Eh, I'll take it.

    "Atlas" is probably my favorite of the bunch.

  8. #728
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I have heard the Silkworms leak. It’s a very forgettable track much like the 01 live versions

    As It Began and an acoustic KOHD from 01 has leaked too

  9. #729
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Perhaps
    Atlas Shrugged
    Hard School
    State of Grace

    I've read that "Silkworms" was released but haven't found it online. So after 11 years, we have about one-third of the Chinese Democracy follow-up, in demo form. Eh, I'll take it.

    "Atlas" is probably my favorite of the bunch.
    https://www.thepiratebay.org/torrent...uns_N__Roses_-

    this leak of Silkworms is a lot better than the initial one I heard.

  10. #730
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    An instrumental for Better, titled 3 Dollar Pyramind has leaked too

  11. #731
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,004
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    These are pre-Slash?

  12. #732
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    https://www.thepiratebay.org/torrent...uns_N__Roses_-

    this leak of Silkworms is a lot better than the initial one I heard.
    Thanks! This is my favorite leak so far.

  13. #733
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kodiak33 View Post
    These are pre-Slash?
    Yep these were from 99-01

  14. #734
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    1,280
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    https://www.thepiratebay.org/torrent...uns_N__Roses_-

    this leak of Silkworms is a lot better than the initial one I heard.
    side question: I searched and found four songs but not this one. I've noticed this a lot recently, is TPB search broken for anyone else lately?

    also thanks for posting that one since I missed it the first time.

  15. #735
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    side question: I searched and found four songs but not this one. I've noticed this a lot recently, is TPB search broken for anyone else lately?

    also thanks for posting that one since I missed it the first time.
    which other 4 songs?
    There are two instrumentals as well
    I can’t seem to find the reworked version of OMG

  16. #736
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,324
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    https://www.thepiratebay.org/torrent...uns_N__Roses_-

    this leak of Silkworms is a lot better than the initial one I heard.
    Link/download not working for me.
    Last edited by RhettButler; 09-16-2019 at 02:45 PM.

  17. #737
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Location
    Here.
    Posts
    28
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    Thanks! This is my favorite leak so far.
    This is way different than I expected. Very interesting. Wouldn't have guessed it was G'n'R if I didn't initiate the listen.

  18. #738
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    W/A
    Posts
    1,280
    Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    which other 4 songs?
    There are two instrumentals as well
    I can’t seem to find the reworked version of OMG
    Guns N Roses - Knocking On Heaven's Door (NEW LEAK) 1999
    Guns N' Roses - Three Dollar Pyramid (NEW LEAK)
    Guns N' Roses - As It Began (NEW LEAK)
    Guns N Roses - State Of Grace (FULL LEAK).mp3
    Guns N Roses - Perhaps (FULL LEAK).mp3
    Guns N' Roses - Silkworms (2000 Demo Version) NEW LEAK

  19. #739
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Guns N Roses - Knocking On Heaven's Door (NEW LEAK) 1999
    Guns N' Roses - Three Dollar Pyramid (NEW LEAK)
    Guns N' Roses - As It Began (NEW LEAK)
    Guns N Roses - State Of Grace (FULL LEAK).mp3
    Guns N Roses - Perhaps (FULL LEAK).mp3
    Guns N' Roses - Silkworms (2000 Demo Version) NEW LEAK
    Yep. These are the absolute latest

  20. #740
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    794
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Pretty good write-up on Chinese Democracy:

    https://www.billboard.com/articles/c...V9w_ikao4u4OMg
    RE: The continuing life of Chinese Democracy

    I've always been a very casual fan of GnR, and I'm surprised to see this write up. For the hardcore fans, is this album making a kind of resurgence in the fan community? I don't know if this is anything to gauge things by, but I got curious and checked how many plays the individual tracks have on Spotify. There are several hovering around 15 million. By way of comparison Head Like A Hole has 20 million.

    Anyway, I liked it when it came out; it seemed like a fascinating train wreck. I listened for a while and hadn't revisited it for years. After reading that article I listened again, and I gotta say, there's some amazing songs on Chinese Democracy. The instrumentation is fucking nuts. Axl was definitely taking risks. Anyway, I was surprised by how much I still enjoy this record (most of it anyway).

  21. #741
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    4,324
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magtig View Post
    RE: The continuing life of Chinese Democracy

    I've always been a very casual fan of GnR, and I'm surprised to see this write up. For the hardcore fans, is this album making a kind of resurgence in the fan community? I don't know if this is anything to gauge things by, but I got curious and checked how many plays the individual tracks have on Spotify. There are several hovering around 15 million. By way of comparison Head Like A Hole has 20 million.

    Anyway, I liked it when it came out; it seemed like a fascinating train wreck. I listened for a while and hadn't revisited it for years. After reading that article I listened again, and I gotta say, there's some amazing songs on Chinese Democracy. The instrumentation is fucking nuts. Axl was definitely taking risks. Anyway, I was surprised by how much I still enjoy this record (most of it anyway).
    I found this album to be far more interesting than a majority of Slash's work (although I love the s/t album). I will say, as much as I love Buckethead's (and Finck's) guitar work, Slash really adds something live, especially the title track. Axl and Slash really compliment each other and are better together than apart.

  22. #742
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Hat, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Eye on You, Zodiac 13, and Quick Song dribbled out. Plus a 2001 rough mixes album.

    Digging 'em. It's 2001 versions of Chi Dem (the song) that showed just how long it's been ready.

  23. #743
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    997
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    an updated wetransfer (or similar) link with the latest dribbles would be nice, if anyone has been collecting it all into a master file.

  24. #744
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    an updated wetransfer (or similar) link with the latest dribbles would be nice, if anyone has been collecting it all into a master file.
    There is one on the Guns N Roses Reddit

  25. #745
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Canton, Ohio
    Posts
    997
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    There is one on the Guns N Roses Reddit
    I don't use Reddit, can't stand the place. But i got it covered. Thanks anyways.

  26. #746
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Singapore
    Posts
    871
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Digging “Eye on You” and “Me and My Elvis”

  27. #747
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    143
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    I don't use Reddit, can't stand the place. But i got it covered. Thanks anyways.
    I don't like Reddit either, such a mess over there but it seems to be the only place to get these leaks. I come here for the heads up on new leaks, and go there to download them. Thanks again Lanesax!

  28. #748
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    392
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Has anyone made a compilation of all the unreleased stuff (excluding the tracks that made it onto Chinese Democracy)? I have everything but don't have time yet to sit down and do it.

  29. #749
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    The Hat, Alberta, Canada
    Posts
    346
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Some more dribbling out. More Brian and Josh drums... and more. Jebus, I have a long week ahead of me.
    Last edited by poinoup; 09-22-2019 at 06:35 PM.

  30. #750
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    A place both wonderful and strange
    Posts
    2,177
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fishtifer View Post
    There is one on the Guns N Roses Reddit
    Unfortunately the Reddit appears to have put the hammer down. Any updates?

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions