Thread: NIN vs Rolling Stones re: backup singers

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)

NIN vs Rolling Stones re: backup singers

Posted this in the 2014 NIN thread, but the last couple pages of that is all presale Europe stuff, so I figured I'd give it it's own thread since it's a topic of discussion I think the rest of the community here would be interested in.
    Don't know if this has been discussed here yet or not, but http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...usaolp00000592 For a minute, I thought that was specifically timed for when NIN would be finishing up their Australia/NZ shows, but they actually have a show that same night (the last of the tour) in New Zealand. Since Lisa obviously can't be in two places at once and as much as I have my favorites, it's clear that she's a fixture with the Stones and that they've been good to her over the years, I wonder what this means for the NIN/QOTSA tour. Especially in light of Trent's recent comments about how each tour is going to be something different and that once this tour is over in a couple weeks, that NIN show is over also.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

NIN vs Rolling Stones re: backup singers

Maybe AUS/NZ will get the festival production?

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Maybe AUS/NZ will get the festival production?
    Based on Trent's recent comments, they'll get something new. Neither Tension nor festival. But I assumed it would include the same band.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle View Post
    Based on Trent's recent comments, they'll get something new. Neither Tension nor festival. But I assumed it would include the same band.
    If Sharlotte's not doing anything, then we might see her carry the vocals on her own, or perhaps Trent can find another vocalist to step in for Lisa.

I hope that the current lineup (or rather, the idea of having backup singers) carries over to Australia/NZ and the 2014 European tour, because everyone deserves a chance to see that lineup live.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I hope that the current lineup (or rather, the idea of having backup singers) carries over to Australia/NZ and the 2014 European tour, because everyone deserves a chance to see that lineup live.
    Yeah. Lisa and Sharlotte are my favorite additions to the band. I was really suspect about NIN to have backup singers, thinking that it wouldn't work. However, having hear them live, they really do work into the songs very well.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The Rolling Stones have just released this and Lisa features in the footage. She's also been tweeting back and forth with Rob saying "don't be a stranger" so it's pretty clear she's not coming back (yet).

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    backup singers are done forever. TR all but said so in the interview with zane lowe....go to a Don Henley or a Sting show if you want backup singers so bad

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Thankfully, there's 3 sources of professional video with Lisa & Sharlotte singing to savor as a memento of the Tension tour. I don't mind TR tweaking the lineup of the band for each leg of the tour. It makes the performances that much more unique. That said, I'm super-fucking glad I clocked in with 24 shows for Tension. For my money, it will be hard to top the eight piece lineup.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    backup singers are done forever. TR all but said so in the interview with zane lowe....go to a Don Henley or a Sting show if you want backup singers so bad
    or to a Nine Inch nails show in late 2013?

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I was told there would be no backup singers for the European shows. I love those ladies, they always looked like they were having so much fun up there and clearly work so well together

But then again, Josh told me there wouldn't be a date in Scotland. And guess what, there's a date in Scotland.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    You make me thankful for the ignore list. I never thought I'd use it.
    I'm really glad there is professional footage of Tension, it would have been great to see/hear it live.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    So I have to pretend I like Pino to cover up my sadness over the - possible - loss of the backup singers. Yay!

Well, I hope Trent will at least make the "real" Into The Void back into the setlist then.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by raygunprimed View Post
    You make me thankful for the ignore list. I never thought I'd use it.
    OMG. *thank you*. i didn't realize this board actually had that feature. (it's in the settings, here.)

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Maybe I do wanna go to a DH show. Is there a problem with that?

LOL.

Didn't Pink Floyd have backup singers? That's when it could work, with PF.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Not that I expect the backup singers ever to return, but it's worth mentioning that the Rolling Stones Australian/NZ tour has been cancelled due to the suicide of Mick Jagger's longtime girlfriend. They are expected to reschedule the dates to sometime in the fall.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/18/ny...apartment.html
    http://www.frontiertouring.com/rollingstones
    http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...-fall/6647167/

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    ya'll should really go see "20 Feet from Stardom".