Page 17 of 102 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 27 67 ... LastLast

Thread: Nine Inch Nails - 2014 Tour Discussion/Speculation

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by billpulsipher View Post
    personally, I could care less about big huge light shows. No idea where TR got this idea that he needs a monster stage production to pull off a good show. Just go out and play. Also this idea that he seems convinced NIN are a huge arena band seems bizarre as well. Its not 1995 anymore? They have problems selling out arenas for the most part, they should be playing smaller places...Phil Anselmo always talks about how his bands don't need lights or fire or any bullshit, they just come out and fucking play and the rest takes care of itself.... I would like to see TR drop the backup singers, drop this 20 piece band, drop the light show, do a stripped down tour playing a different setlist every night in smaller venues and it will come off a lot more naturally and he will probably have a lot more fun...
    Dude.

Do you hate Nine Inch Nails?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nooneimportant View Post
    Dude.

Do you hate Nine Inch Nails?
    No- but BP LOVES Depeche Mode.

I love Pantera/Phil Anselmo, and I saw Down last year- he said the same shit about just coming rocking out and "we don't need any fucking lasers". Fair enough, but when you play in front of 500 people the last thing you need to worry about is any type of production (whatever the house lights are will do). Just like NIN has done when they played small venues.

I personally love love the huge NIN arena production- it's what makes it more "fun" and since TR/NIN canp has his hands all over it never feels cheap or over the top. They've made a name for themselves as a great live band and can still do an arena tour- maybe every show doesn't do as well as LA or Toronto but geyve got to expect some of that.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Phil Anselmo is not Trent Reznor. That's your first mistake....

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Before you diss Phil, remember TR was friends with him and was a big Pantera fan, and even let Phil record his vocals at Nothing Studios and had him sing a few songs with Tapeworm

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    You have a bad habit of reading into things stuff that isn't there. Nobody dissed Phil. Both responses can be summed up as "the shows are not the same." And one of those two people said he loves Phil. You diss Trent far more than anyone just dissed Phil.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Before you diss Phil, remember TR was friends with him and was a big Pantera fan, and even let Phil record his vocals at Nothing Studios and had him sing a few songs with Tapeworm
    For the record, I'm not gonna diss Phil!!! rampface may wanna go there, but he's one of my favorite vocalists of all time.

If anyone wants to make fun of other peoples musical preferences or favorite musicians, I'm sure we could all take a stab at one another. Glass house with rocks, and what not.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazy View Post
    No- but BP LOVES Depeche Mode.

I love Pantera/Phil Anselmo, and I saw Down last year- he said the same shit about just coming rocking out and "we don't need any fucking lasers". Fair enough, but when you play in front of 500 people the last thing you need to worry about is any type of production (whatever the house lights are will do). Just like NIN has done when they played small venues.

I personally love love the huge NIN arena production- it's what makes it more "fun" and since TR/NIN canp has his hands all over it never feels cheap or over the top. They've made a name for themselves as a great live band and can still do an arena tour- maybe every show doesn't do as well as LA or Toronto but geyve got to expect some of that.
    The bigger the venue is, the bigger the show needs to be. I've had nosebleed seats for Pearl Jam. The show was great but I felt like I could have gotten the same if not more out of a live recording cranked up. I've had nosebleed seats for bands that put on shows like Muse and Tool. Maybe not LITS size shows but still plenty of spectacle. Those shows I still felt like I got my money's worth despite being far away. When it's a show in a small venue it makes less of an impact. I still enjoy it but it doesn't make or break the show. But the "just play" type bands I only go to anymore if it's a small venue or I can get floor tickets if it's an arena.

I mentioned this before but I'd still love to see NIN do a tour like the Stones did where they play one night in an arena and one night in a club or theater in most cities. It will never happen bit I can dream.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Holy shit, dude, someone needs to take away your keyboard. He literally said "Phil Anselmo is not Trent Reznor." My God, you need to take a breather.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Excited about how Trent will change the set list up for the Aussie shows in March.

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Excited about how Trent will change the set list up for the Aussie shows in March.
    A 20 minute cover of Men at Work's Down Under?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well I have bought a ticket to Denmark. I hope it's GA because the Information page is in Danish. Will try for Helsinki, Stockholm, and Oslo later on. Seriously considered Amsterdam-Antwerp-Paris but I have been there and really want to travel somewhere I haven't seen already.

It was more than $100 also - no nin.com presale at all; just straight from the promoter.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Welcome to Scandinavia. It's really expensive because quality of life is so good there. I was in Sweden recently and everything was definitely 1.5x more - cheapest glass of wine I saw was £8, meals in an average sit down restaurant are at least £17 (proper meals not sandwichy stuff). Cocktails £13-16.

My friend tells me that a starting bog-standard 18 year old salary is £23000. Dicks.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    A 20 minute cover of Men at Work's Down Under?
    Spoiler alert:

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Sorry for a stupid question but is the NIN.com presale early entry thing going to be available in Europe as well? Or is it just for the US fans? Would be pretty fucking awesome if it's available here in Finland as well!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Also for Europeans

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    Also for Europeans
    Ok, thanks! Very cool!!!

Someone should by the way do the topics for the rest of the European shows to the upcoming shows category!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Error Adding Item to cart. The item you have chosen uses a different Currency than the item(s) already in your cart

NO FUCK YOU DIE

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    ok got a ticket to Berlin show. now I guess my May schedule is complete

I wonder if anyone ever made it out of that "waiting room" to anything else other than an error page.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OK it turns out that Oslo-Copenhagen-Berlin-Luxembourg was better. Everything but Luxembourg secured. Pretty surprised I got Berlin.

If I can't get Luxembourg, I will switch to Stockholm instead.

On the Berlin page, I got the "you are in a waiting room" twice and then the page got an error and booted me. Third try got all the way to the payment page and then it booted me. Fourth try worked. Then went to Oslo; that one was easy.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I got there, but I had to start the whole process from the beginning. STRESS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got my tickets for Amsterdam

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Amsterdam: smoothy As far I can see, I don't see the sense buying tickets at nin.com. Only the early entrance is positive. The price is the same as on ticket service. "BEST PRICE AND BEST SEAT" ha ha ha. HMH is all general admission.
    Next friday: Ticket sale Antwerpen.
    That's it.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    ^^That is true; if you don't care about rail, then no point in buying nin.com tix. Price is the same usually. And since there are no refunds or transfers, it's actually better to get regular tickets unless you want rail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Service fees for Amsterdam are way higher than fees on the regular sale, but I went for it anyway.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OK see you all in Oslo-Copenhagen-Berlin-Luxembourg!

I clicked on the Lux link after the "buy tickets" icon appeared and it told me they were on sale at 4:30 local time. Which it was. Took a couple of tries. I wouldn't want to have to take my blood pressure right now.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    How come are the Paris tickets described as "Standing/Seated GA"? How exactly is the Zenith designed?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Amsterdam tickets sorted. Our NIN 2014 trio is complete . Roll on May!!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ash512 View Post
    How come are the Paris tickets described as "Standing/Seated GA"? How exactly is the Zenith designed?
    I'm assuming that means there are no assigned seats, so you just take your pick when you get inside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm about to buy presale tickets and there's 3 different prices and "item type". General admission is one and the other twos are marked "reserved 102 & 114" and the other "reserved 103/104 & 112/113 which I, when looking at a map over the arena, can guess is different sections. But what's the "General admission"? The pit??

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by maryelle View Post
    OK see you all in Oslo-Copenhagen-Berlin-Luxembourg!
    No London, no Amsterdam, no Antwerpen?
    A pity...It'd be nice to meet you at last.

I'm doubting about Rockhall Esch sur Alzette: now I assume the show will be standard, I'm not intending to do more shows as I did in the past. I'm a little bit sick europe does not get what it deserves... Forgive me.

Quote Originally Posted by FRDU View Post
    I'm about to buy presale tickets and there's 3 different prices and "item type". General admission is one and the other twos are marked "reserved 102 & 114" and the other "reserved 103/104 & 112/113 which I, when looking at a map over the arena, can guess is different sections. But what's the "General admission"? The pit??
    What venue are you talking about?
    Last edited by witte; 11-25-2013 at 09:56 AM.