Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: The little things that scare/depress you.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    free holy water is always a blessing. just mind your liquid tongue and heart :P
    that's the funny thing, assholes who stir up garbage are never bad people per se, they just can't fucking live and let live.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    the average lifespan of dogs. so unfair.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    only the good die young.
    my parents have a cheshire cat (english shorthair) that has been alive for 20 years and counting. it's an all outdoor cat too. unbelievable.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The fact that it was an outdoor cat makes sense to me as it's probably getting more exercise than indoor cats do. Both the cats at my dad's house are outdoor cats and one is 12 and the other 11 years old and I'm sure they'll live another 5 easily.

My dog (a japanese chin) is 11 and I'm just hoping that she'll make it to 15 yrs. She's never had any major health problems but that might change in the coming years.

Mentioned
    761 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by halloween View Post
    The fact that it was an outdoor cat makes sense to me as it's probably getting more exercise than indoor cats do. Both the cats at my dad's house are outdoor cats and one is 12 and the other 11 years old and I'm sure they'll live another 5 easily.
    I had an always-indoor cat who I finally had to euthenize at 21 due to kidney problems. She was Siamese, my vet says that breed tends to live longer. Outdoor cats actually tend to live shorter lives due to accidents, injuries, getting hit by cars. etc.

My dog Cookie may have cancer, we are waiting for test results. She is 12 and a Poodle mix, her breed tends to live 12 to 15 years.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-10-2016 at 06:40 PM.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I had an always-indoor cat who I finally had to euthenize at 21 due to kidney problems. She was Siamese, my vet says that breed tends to live longer. Outdoor cats actually tend to live shorter lives due to accidents, injuries, getting hit by cars. etc.

My dog Cookie may have cancer, we are waiting for test results. She is 12 and a Poodle mix, her breed tends to live 12 to 15 years.
    Ah, yeah accidents and injuries, I get that. My dad's cats live in the woods so they don't go near the roads but they are lucky not to have encountered bigger animals.

Here's hoping your dog is clear of cancer!!

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    my parents cat is too big and too lazy / old to run around risking injuries. that thing lives like caligula. (ironic thing: it's name is boots)

good vibes for you and your doggie allegro.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm in the process of digitizing my old journals (I have 29 of them here at my dad's house and I can't really bring them with me on a plane) and I hope to fucking god no one hacks my computer and finds these things.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    adele's lyrics, specifically "hello" and "send my love (to your new lover)".

i've never resented a pop star more.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I need to poo but I'm too comfortable to get up, so I feel like (as Cartman says) I'm being raped from the inside.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post

How is your dog?

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I have been bullied several times, but I believe in karma. I also believe that a real gentleman would never bully or harass a woman, online or otherwise.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Boots View Post
    I have been bullied several times, but I believe in karma. I also believe that a real gentleman would never bully or harass a woman, online or otherwise.
    enough with your passive aggressive bullshit. nobody is bullying you -- you signed up to a message board based on engaging in conversation. you don't do that. you post really odd shit while contributing nothing, get called out, act like a victim.
    Last edited by kel; 04-21-2018 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Infatuation and just having a crush, especially when the chances are basically slim to none. On the other hand, at least rejection actually hurts far less than never ever knowing at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The thought of the woman that I like being interested in someone else.