Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Everything - Digital Promo (inc Instrumental)

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Just made a request there, might work.

https://www.reddit.com/r/SongStems/c...ing_came_back/

EDIT: apparently someone pretends he got it from soulseek a few hours ago...
    Last edited by totom; 05-03-2016 at 02:03 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Well, now there's a MEGA link to the full instrumental on the reddit link above.

Thanks to DJAetius.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    So... um... anyone who has downloaded it, thoughts?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    So... um... anyone who has downloaded it, thoughts?
    100% legit. Sounds great!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Seems legit to me. I was trying to hear for cuts or anything to point to it being a fake. But sounds good here. Shame people were so harsh on this track. I think having some live drums over the electronic ones would have helped give it some more balls.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neorev View Post
    Seems legit to me. I was trying to hear for cuts or anything to point to it being a fake. But sounds good here. Shame people were so harsh on this track. I think having some live drums over the electronic ones would have helped give it some more balls.
    Dynamic Range matches (4) and the RMS values / overall loudness are within range and "match" the CD mastering of Hesitation Marks.

I'm currently uploading a .zip of the instrumental in a bunch of different formats (lossless and lossy) with the covers (150,200,600), and all the geek info you'd probably want (MediaInfo, auCDtect, shntool, Audacity screencap [regular and show clipping]). I'll post it over in the Download Archive when it is finished.

EDIT: Quoted the wrong post, but you get the point
    Last edited by Jon; 05-03-2016 at 08:07 PM.

Mentioned
    400 Post(s)
    Unreal. I was going to crack wise about how there's no way the NIN subreddit would bear fruit, and I'm glad I didn't have to retract that wisecrack, seeing as you asked on SongStems and it actually worked. Soulseek still exists huh?

Nice fuckin' work @totom

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    I'm a little wary of anything that comes from places like Soulseek these days. Have people scanned the file just to make sure there's nothing evil lurking within? :P

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by totom View Post
    Jesus Christ, after all the looking I was doing, all I had to do was ask reddit?! Good job guys.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Did they include the Came Back Haunted instrumental as well?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Did they include the Came Back Haunted instrumental as well?
    Well here we go in another eternal search for an instrumental!

Also, made me happy to finally have the instrumental! Thanks everyone who dug around everywhere to get us the stuff!

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Can you guys also ask for Tension BluRay while you're at it? I'm sure somebody has it!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Wooohoooo, my band and I are trying to cover that song right now and this helps a lot since there are no real bass tabs out there

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Someone ought to tell TR that this is out there now and to release the rest of HM in instrumental format.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Leviathant View Post
    Unreal. I was going to crack wise about how there's no way the NIN subreddit would bear fruit, and I'm glad I didn't have to retract that wisecrack, seeing as you asked on SongStems and it actually worked. Soulseek still exists huh?

Nice fuckin' work @totom
    Thanks, I just pulled the strings that hadn't been pulled yet.

Anyway, the NIN subreddit is quite a shitty obnoxious place, isn't it? It's like most members are "ninjaws" ( just teasing my favorite NIN fan ever <3 ). In comparison, the qotsa sub reddit is like a Canadian Nurses Convention.

Around the songstems sub, there are a lot of people jerking around who also jerk around paying/non-paying groups/forums where stuff like these are shared more widely, and the admins seem to act cool compared to other subs.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    This is very cool to finally have. I never really realized how much Trent's vocals add to the song until now, especially; a ton of NIN songs are fantastic as instrumentals but this is really lacking in a dynamic without his voice. I'd be crazy-hyped to hear an instrumental of Came Back Haunted, which is a song I've loved from day 1 and was always surprised at the indifference towards it among fans.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Thanks, I just pulled the strings that hadn't been pulled yet.

Anyway, the NIN subreddit is quite a shitty obnoxious place, isn't it? It's like most members are "ninjaws" ( just teasing my favorite NIN fan ever <3 ). In comparison, the qotsa sub reddit is like a Canadian Nurses Convention.

Around the songstems sub, there are a lot of people jerking around who also jerk around paying/non-paying groups/forums where stuff like these are shared more widely, and the admins seem to act cool compared to other subs.

Can you ask that same person if they can also provide the CBH instrumental plz?

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Can you ask that same person if they can also provide the CBH instrumental plz?
    Well, I guess everyone is going to look after this one soulseek now... I couldn't find the Everything instrumental when I searched for it but DJAetius could see it, mysterious ways...

I'm pretty sure someone will post it within days...

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Check out that nice frequency spectrum...

Mentioned
    207 Post(s)
    inb4 someone casually asks reddit if they've got any tapeworm.

Fucking ace though totom, glad to finally have something I gave up on a long time ago

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

if you need a cover art for the instrumental

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    How about that? It did exist after all. Cheers guys.
    Just to add - I always liked this song. I can understand why some people don't, but it would have made a great radio track if people had picked up on it more. Oh well! Maybe it will appear on the Greatest Hits set, get a proper single release, be a huge hit, and all will be right with the world.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Yeah, I love it too, imho it's Trent's finally assuming his Cure lineage and using major key (he always told Cure are his favorite band ever although it's hard to detect any influence). This sounds like "Boys Don't Cry" with a punch in the face.

I wish he becomes more and more cool about having songs sounding like other artists so that he can release all that Garson material that's sleeping because it sounded "too Bowie"...

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i asked in the download archive, but i might as well ask here too. does anyone have a non-MEGA link for this? for some reason, MEGA slows my comp to a crawl and when it does finish, the song only plays for a few seconds or so. tried the various options in the other thread, nothing worked.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pcpunk View Post
    i asked in the download archive, but i might as well ask here too. does anyone have a non-MEGA link for this? for some reason, MEGA slows my comp to a crawl and when it does finish, the song only plays for a few seconds or so. tried the various options in the other thread, nothing worked.
    This is only the original .wav from reddit:

Dropbox
    Google Drive

MediaFire
    Zippyshare

Eat your heart out, Steve.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Yeah, I love it too, imho it's Trent's finally assuming his Cure lineage and using major key (he always told Cure are his favorite band ever although it's hard to detect any influence). This sounds like "Boys Don't Cry" with a punch in the face.
    My fave track on HM, and the Cure influence is positively singing. The refrain reminds me more of another Cure track though, that for the life of me I can't think of right now. Cue a Cure listen-a-thon!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    This is only the original .wav from reddit:

Dropbox
    Google Drive

MediaFire
    Zippyshare

Eat your heart out, Steve.
    thank you so much, Jon!

Mentioned
    69 Post(s)
    Fuck it was you Totom ? completly missed that fact !

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Fuck it was you Totom ? completly missed that fact !
    LOL, I just asked for it in the right place, not much...