No one under the age of 37
    Would have have been born at all.
    It is acknowledged by all but the cretins amongst us
    That nuclear arms have no value
    It is also acknowledged that
    They are a ticking bomb
    And we ignore them at our peril
    Accidents happen
    The Stanislavs of this world are a rare breed.
    We’ve been extraordinarily lucky.
    If I ruled the world, I would heed the words of the wise
    I would get rid of nuclear weapons
    First thing tomorrow morning.
    On Dr. King’s name day.
    Of course no-one can rule the world
    The world cannot be ruled
    It can only be loved and respected and shared.
    If we’re still here in the morning
    So here is a new recording and video of
    "The Gunner’s Dream"
    As a gift from me and my lovely band and our friends
    To you
    With our love
    R.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Hahah -- "umlaut!" That's amazing. Best one they've done so far, I got chills!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just finished a multicam edit of Roger Waters Us+Them show that I was at (in Kaunas, Lithuania).
    This is probably nothing special to anyone who watched the official movie from the tour, but it was just another passion project of mine. I'd like to keep videos of all the shows I've ever seen in person and I'm planning to do more of these later this year (including Tool, Pumpkins and Muse). (But no APC, thanks a fucking lot to "no cell phones" policy).

This show in particular was one of the very few times they did "The Bravery of Being Out of Range" (from Amused to Death), and the first time with the new verse at the end.

Last edited by fillow; 02-10-2021 at 07:54 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It's a shame Roger has never done a show based around Amused to Death. It's a brilliant record, and given the right budget he could have made a real spectacle of it live.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    It's a shame Roger has never done a show based around Amused to Death. It's a brilliant record, and given the right budget he could have made a real spectacle of it live.
    He sort of did - In the Flesh tour. Although it started 7 years after the album's release, there were 4 or 5 songs from the album performed each night, stacked together at the end of the main set, before the encore.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I mean the whole album, not just that many songs. That tour was promoted heavily on the Floyd material, not his latest record.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Agreed, i like to listen to Floyd songs, every now and then, but the guy has a solid solo career and "Amused to Death" is his best album of the solo years.
    I don't get why he doesn't play those songs anymore, last time i heard them live was during the "In the Flesh" tour.
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 02-14-2021 at 11:53 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    He was doing "Perfect Sense, Part I + II" on the Dark Side tour. Really glad I got to hear that one live, with the great PP Arnold singing her part from the record.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

75 years old today

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    'This Is Not A Drill Tour' rescheduled dates are released!

Summer 2022: https://rogerwaters.com/tour/

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I love it

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I'm a bit surprised Roger wasn't involved in this. The explicitly anti-war song would've been right down his alley, more so than David's.
    (I get it, most likely it was David who never even thought if inviting Rog)

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    I'm a bit surprised Roger wasn't involved in this. The explicitly anti-war song would've been right down his alley, more so than David's.
    Hmmm, I'm not so sure. The other verses of the song don't read as anti-war. The little bit that they sampled for the new track is ambiguous, but the other stuff about marching to defeat the enemy is typical patriotic war music. It almost feels like Ukraine's answer to The Marseillaise.

I understand the intended purpose of solidarity with the volunteers resisting occupation, and those caught in a war they didn't want. But this doesn't strike me as Roger's speed, lyrics-wise.

It's a very stirring melody and beautifully arranged by David. Of course it's always a thrill to hear that guitar over those drums. I'll be listening to it a lot. But is it explicitly anti-war? Hmmm.
    Last edited by botley; 04-08-2022 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    (I get it, most likely it was David who never even thought if inviting Rog)
    It's not as surprising if you know that David has extended family in Ukraine (his son is married to a Ukrainian woman), so this is more personal for him than for Roger. Also, the less said about Roger's views on the Russia-Ukraine war, the better (David said he was disappointed, and that's all that needs to be said), and I thought Roger had claimed before that he was done with Floyd despite him tending to play a lot more Floyd songs than solo songs at his solo shows.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    Roger had claimed before that he was done with Floyd despite him tending to play a lot more Floyd songs than solo songs at his solo shows.
    Well, he wrote those songs.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not my favorite Pink Floyd, but I love the idea behind it.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm sorry, i know this is for a good cause and all, but i hated it and this isn't Pink Floyd.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I'm sorry, i know this is for a good cause and all, but i hated it and this isn't Pink Floyd.
    Nick Mason is the only original member of Pink Floyd involved. At least David didn't subject us to more of his wife's lyrics on this.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Nick Mason is the only original member of Pink Floyd involved. At least David didn't subject us to more of his wife's lyrics on this.
    Why just not do a "solo-Gilmour" song?

"Live 8" was the last true reunion, just leave this band rest in peace...

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I was looking through the channel for one of my favorite local videographers and noticed that he had posted (2 months ago) about 15 songs from 04/08/2016. Not all of them have video. The channel mostly specializes in jam bands, but there's concerts from The Rolling Stones, Ween, and even the NIN tribute band (Nailed It!) that played at Summer Camp. No playlist, sorry:

Last edited by Jon; 04-10-2022 at 10:21 AM. Reason: changed cover band to tribute band

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Deluxe version of Animals coming out 9/16, no live tracks or outtakes but the 2018 remixes by James Guthrie, in stereo and surround.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This is good news! But.... not even the Pigs on the Wings 8-track version? Awh...

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    This is good news! But.... not even the Pigs on the Wings 8-track version? Awh...
    Well, I already have the 8-track version (and the remixed/remastered version on Gold Top). What I don't have is the 2018 album remix I've been drooling over for literally four years now.

Pre-ordering this!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I could see them putting out the alternate POTW as a single on streaming maybe followed by a single.

Disappointed there isn’t any live material from 77 but not necessarily surprised. If something is in the works a separate live release of the period would be more appropriate anyway considering they played both Animals and WYWH in their entirety.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    If something is in the works a separate live release of the period would be more appropriate anyway considering they played both Animals and WYWH in their entirety.
    I don't think they properly documented it. A 'best of the boots' is probably all we could hope for, and I don't see David wanting to go with that approach.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I could see them putting out the alternate POTW as a single on streaming maybe followed by a single.

Disappointed there isn’t any live material from 77 but not necessarily surprised. If something is in the works a separate live release of the period would be more appropriate anyway considering they played both Animals and WYWH in their entirety.
    The unofficial release Animals: High Resolution Remasters is 4 discs; 2 of them contain live material, the other 2 contain "alternate" and "bonus material".

Some of this stuff is on the unofficial release above, but it's a real shame we couldn't get this on the official release (this should be minus 8-track edits). The titles in parentheses are "my own" and in no way are official:

Pigs on the Wing (Single Version) // 03:20
    Sheep (Single Version) // 04:13
    Pigs (Three Different Ones) (Edit) // 04:00
    Sheep ("Echoes" Edit) // 09:46
    Dogs (Part I Edit) // 05:10
    Dogs (Part II Edit) // 05:55
    Dogs (Part III Edit) // 05:25
    Pigs (Three Different Ones) (Clean) // 11:05
    Sheep (Part I Edit) // 04:25
    Sheep (Part II Edit) // 05:45
    Last edited by Jon; 07-08-2022 at 11:42 AM.