Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18 26 27 28

Thread: Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In the end it seems that it's just a acoustic version of the record performed by Roger Waters and his actual live band.
    Pretty funny to see the whole outcrying revolving around it when Pink Floyd itself did just doing another cash grab box set.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post

Really strong Leonard Cohen vibes.
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Sounds interesting, yet completely unnecessary...
    Yep...

Also: why he has to preach his anti-capitalism babble? it gets silly...

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    The strings are the real winner on DSOTM Redux. Some killer writing and playing from Gabe Noel.

The rest... eh, I dunno. It's a bit one note and easy-listening. Say what you want about RW doing this whole concept, but he could have done something actually challenging with it instead of reading letters over a muted and crescendo-less rendition of Great Gig.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Speaking of Dark Side, it's on Apple Music with a Dolby Atmos mix, sounds pretty open so far. The animated album art is a nice touch as well.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Nick Mason turns 80 years old tomorrow

Last edited by onthewall2983; 01-27-2024 at 11:14 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    David Gilmour: Luck and Strange

New album coming out September 6th.

Black Cat
    Luck and Strange
    The Piper's Call
    A Single Spark
    Vita Brevis
    Between Two Points
    Dark and Velvet Nights
    Sings
    Scattered

BONUS TRACKS
    Yes, I Have Ghosts
    Luck and Strange (original Barn Jam)
    A Single Spark (Orchestral)
    Scattered (Orchestral)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/dav...in-eight-years

David Gilmour London shows announced! What do we think the chances are he'll come to the US at some point? I read that he's not very keen on touring these days. The site says "These will be the only UK dates" which could imply there are plans for other dates?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    https://www.loudersound.com/news/dav...in-eight-years

David Gilmour London shows announced! What do we think the chances are he'll come to the US at some point? I read that he's not very keen on touring these days. The site says "These will be the only UK dates" which could imply there are plans for other dates?
    If there are any more shows, they're probably going to be very limited both in size and in number of cities visited. Maybe some other, shorter theatre residencies around November? I caught one of his two arena shows in Toronto back in 2016, which was awesome, but I really don't see any desire on his part to go back to that scale of touring. Given his recent comments about lack of enthusiasm for playing the classic 70s Floyd stuff, he wouldn't be able to please that size of crowd anyhow.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    If there are any more shows, they're probably going to be very limited both in size and in number of cities visited. Maybe some other, shorter theatre residencies around November? I caught one of his two arena shows in Toronto back in 2016, which was awesome, but I really don't see any desire on his part to go back to that scale of touring. Given his recent comments about lack of enthusiasm for playing the classic 70s Floyd stuff, he wouldn't be able to please that size of crowd anyhow.
    Yeah, I saw that, too. I live in LA, so there’s a good chance he’d come here if he came to North America at all. So it’s a question of whether I drop a couple thousand dollars to see a London show or just wait and see.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    David certainly does not make it easy to see him live.
    On top of touring roughly once in every 10 years, his current schedule looks like this:

Sep 27 - Oct 3 -- 6 shows in Rome, Italy (the only shows in mainland Europe)
    Oct 9 - 15 -- 6 shows at Royal Albert Hall, London, UK (the only shows in UK)

...that's it. I didn't have my hopes up anyway, but this is his shortest tour ever (and will remain so even if he adds a couple more residencies like this for NY/LA areas in US, if any)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    David certainly does not make it easy to see him live.
    On top of touring roughly once in every 10 years, his current schedule looks like this:

Sep 27 - Oct 3 -- 6 shows in Rome, Italy (the only shows in mainland Europe)
    Oct 9 - 15 -- 6 shows at Royal Albert Hall, London, UK (the only shows in UK)

...that's it. I didn't have my hopes up anyway, but this is his shortest tour ever (and will remain so even if he adds a couple more residencies like this for NY/LA areas in US, if any)
    HOLLYWOOD BOWL, LOS ANGELES (October 29th, 30th)
    MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, NEW YORK (November 4th, 5th)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    I got three tickets for Royal Albert Hall during the presale. £150 each and we're up in the gods...I mean, I can afford it (and justify it as a birthday gift for my dad) but at this point he is only playing to rich people. Which is horrible.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GibbonBlack View Post
    I got three tickets for Royal Albert Hall during the presale. £150 each and we're up in the gods...I mean, I can afford it (and justify it as a birthday gift for my dad) but at this point he is only playing to rich people. Which is horrible.
    To be fair, is that different from any major artist? Ticket prices have gone up considerably in the last 10 or so years, which means just about any big stadium show I've been to in recent memory is somewhere around $100 for cheap seats.