Page 26 of 28 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    I don't think they properly documented it. A 'best of the boots' is probably all we could hope for, and I don't see David wanting to go with that approach.
    The fortunate thing is that there are a lot of decent-sounding boots of that tour. Someone did make a compilation of the best stuff from the American leg and it’s as impressive sonically as the musical chemistry still is even considering the band was about to fracture as it did during the next five years.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Well, I'm a little uneasy about being at an indoor arena gig (my KN95 notwithstanding) but I'm happy to say I'll be at the Roger Waters show tonight.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Oh this is good!!!! I love this! So clean! Every instruments are present! Keyboards are so much more present, the drums has more impact, the guitars are clean, the vocals are impeccable. Cant' wait to hear the rest.

I absolutely love the original, and by no mean did I thought the mix was bad. But I see myself listening to the 2018 Remix going foward.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post

Oh this is good!!!! I love this! So clean! Every instruments are present! Keyboards are so much more present, the drums has more impact, the guitars are clean, the vocals are impeccable. Cant' wait to hear the rest.

I absolutely love the original, and by no mean did I thought the mix was bad. But I see myself listening to the 2018 Remix going foward.
    It looks like the original stereo mix is present on the DVD, so the Deluxe Box should cover the bases quite nicely.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    It does sound "cleaner" and clearer, but obviously it lost the vinyl "feel" of the original, not hating this, i get this is why it's a remix.

I'm still not interested, but at least they changed enough on the mix to justify the release.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I like the beefed up drums, but I'm a bigger fan of the original mix besides that, I think. Perhaps it'll grow on me.

Excited to see Roger Waters this Thursday.
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 07-27-2022 at 06:42 PM.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Saw Roger Waters last week..SO GLAD I decided to get tickets relatively last minute. I've been listening to Floyd since I was a teen and passed on Roger / David tours in the past, so I hadn't seen any members or any of those songs performed live yet.

Got to the show with a half hour to spare, got a poster, smoked a bit and got to my seat. My view was amazing- the stage is a cross shape of sorts and I had the perfect angle to see the screens and the band. The show was so good; I was in love from the beginning. Spoiler: The show opened with a stripped down version of Comfortably Numb. It was so good! He played a lot of Floyd and hit a lot of my favorites, which made me REALLY REALLY happy that I went. I was so pleased to hear songs I've been listening to since I was a kid. The fact that I got to hear 'Sheep' live made by year.

The band sounded great- Roger sounded pretty damn good for his age, even if he's being helped here and there with some backing tracks. The rest of his band is tight and sounds great, and the visuals/stage production was top notch. Truly awesome show. Wish I had seen him earlier in his career.

The only thing that sucked were the people in the row directly in front of me recording half the show on their bright ass phones. I sort of held up my poster tube to block them from my view for the most part, but it was super obnoxious. I used to think Tool's no phone thing was over the top, but I appreciate it more every time I go to a show and see them out everywhere.

Setlist:
    Spoiler:
    Comfortably Numb
    The Happiest Days of Our Lives
    Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 2
    Another Brick In The Wall Pt. 3
    The Powers That Be
    The Bravery of Being Out of Range
    The Bar
    Have A Cigar
    Wish You Were Here
    Shine On You Crazy Diamond (Parts VI-IX)
    Sheep

Set 2:
    In The Flesh
    Run Like Hell
    Deja Vu
    Is This The Life We Really Want?
    Money
    Us And Them
    Any Colour You Like
    Brain Damage
    Eclipse
    Two Suns in the Sunset
    The Bar (Reprise)
    Outside The Wall
    Last edited by Mr. Blaileen; 08-04-2022 at 11:50 PM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Meanwhile, This Is Not A Drill tour is coming to Europe in 2023, and it's being advertised on the poster as Roger's first ever farewell tour, whatever the fuck it means

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    It's a joke. Until it isn't...

Yeah, if you're on the fence about tickets to Roger's show or the Animals remix, just dive in and get them! So great.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    I honestly don't think this tour would top Us+Them show, which for me was just fucking perfect. Plus they sorta butchered CN and dropped Dogs AND Pigs, so the most likely scenario for me is I'll go if they add Lithuania date after all. I ain't traveling this time.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    The way they open with CN is jaw droppingly beautiful in person. If it's "butchery" to change the arrangement then Rog is too late, Scissor Sisters already did it years ago!
    Last edited by botley; 09-19-2022 at 09:17 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Another box set for Dark Side of the Moon.
    https://www.pinkfloyd.com/tdsotm50/

(I already have the Immersion box set, and the 30th anniverary SACD, and the 2016 vinyl, I think I'm gonna skip this one)

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Yawn.
    What the hell did they do to those poor master tapes now, that we haven't heard already in the previous 7765 remasters?

And how hard is it to just add all the remaining songs to the Wembley live album, instead of forcing the fans to once again reconstruct the show from 4 different releases? especially since they are doing a standalone release of it now

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Yeah I’m gonna pass on this too. As both a major fan and a child of divorce this somehow rings true to the more direct disappointment of the fact that Roger and Dave not seeing eye to eye on everything (putting it mildly) is directly affecting the audience for this kind of stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That DSotM is way too pricey. I've bought this album several times over the years as it is. I'd like to have the atmos disc though.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    Another box set for Dark Side of the Moon.
    https://www.pinkfloyd.com/tdsotm50/

(I already have the Immersion box set, and the 30th anniverary SACD, and the 2016 vinyl, I think I'm gonna skip this one)
    I only have a beat up version of Dark Side I bought at a record show in the 90's. If I were going to invest in a nice shiny box set, which would you recommend?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    I only have a beat up version of Dark Side I bought at a record show in the 90's. If I were going to invest in a nice shiny box set, which would you recommend?
    The Immersion one is all you need.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The Immersion one is all you need.
    Looks like that's only on CD (and possibly out of print). Any recommendations for vinyl?

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Toadflax View Post
    Looks like that's only on CD (and possibly out of print). Any recommendations for vinyl?
    The 2003 vinyl reissue is very well regarded, and I think it's possibly the last time they cut the LP straight from the master tape to disc (as opposed to using a high-resolution digital master). But, hey, I'm not an expert on the best pressing... I have a vintage 70s pressing that I'm happy with and never felt the need to seek out another.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    i was just gifted a 40+ year old copy of dark side of the moon. i have deep associations with the album with my father, who adored this album and listened to it with me often as a kid. however, he was abusive, violent, and terrible to me and my family in a way that makes this record hard for me to hear. we haven't said more than a few words to each other in many years, and i don't think i've heard this album in its entirety since 2003. playing it now, it's stirring up a lot of shit. but let's just say... it's still a masterpiece. that's all. thanks for coming to my ted talk.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Not gonna post the Twitter posts here cause I don't want to inadvertently cause a Palestine vs Israel argument, but the recent tweets from Polly Samson and David Gilmour's twitters... yeah, Floyd is dead, and it seems like further reissues might end up dead in the water.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    Not gonna post the Twitter posts here cause I don't want to inadvertently cause a Palestine vs Israel argument, but the recent tweets from Polly Samson and David Gilmour's twitters... yeah, Floyd is dead, and it seems like further reissues might end up dead in the water.
    I just need them to suck it up and put out The Wall in 5.1 / Atmos. They can do their pissing contest after that...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I just want the Wall film on Bluray. WHY HAS THIS NOT HAPPENED YET, FUCK.

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I just want the Wall film on Bluray. WHY HAS THIS NOT HAPPENED YET, FUCK.
    They need you to buy seven copies of Dark Side in a $300 box first.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)
    If the leaked track list for the new Depeche Mode album is correct, I wonder if the final song “Speak To Me” is a nod to DSOTM?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I just need them to suck it up and put out The Wall in 5.1 / Atmos. They can do their pissing contest after that...
    With The Wall, I feel like Waters might have more sway to push it through, but probably not. Yeah, I don't see them working things out anytime soon. I saw news that Waters has done his own re-recorded version of Dark Side Of The Moon that is slated for release next month, but that he openly speculated that Gilmour will try to stop the release. I think seeing how that plays out will show what the future for PF releases will be like.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by trollmanen View Post
    what the future for PF releases will be like.
    Honestly the only potential PF release worth waiting for was The Wall 1980/81 concert film, and it probably wasn't gonna happen anyway even without the renewed feud.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    With The Wall, I feel like Waters might have more sway to push it through, but probably not. Yeah, I don't see them working things out anytime soon. I saw news that Waters has done his own re-recorded version of Dark Side Of The Moon that is slated for release next month, but that he openly speculated that Gilmour will try to stop the release. I think seeing how that plays out will show what the future for PF releases will be like.
    I'm glad we finally got the Animals remaster before things blew up again.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Waters has done his own re-recorded version of Dark Side Of The Moon
    So will "Money" be renamed as "Rubels" then?