Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I have a 14 page .pdf from The 2012 Wall tour detailing everything from the Stuka plane to what RW needs for furniture in his dressing room. A very interesting read. Send a pm with your e-mail if you would like a copy.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Im going to try and go see Roger next year he is playing London Wembley stadium in September 2013, hopefully Dave an Nick will join him again, probably be last Wall tour!
    Saw Pink Floyd at the reunion show in 2005, was lovely but set was very short, and there were far too many people there, the event itself was atrocious, Pink Floyd were the only highlight, 250.000 people were there we were all crammed into Hyde Park like cattle, most were there to see PF, from all around the world with Dark Side of the Moon tattoos, paying thousands from scalpers to get into the park, so I was about 2 football pitches away from the stage, and they all looked like dots, i could see the trippy films being played by Storm quite well, erm...at least i was there?????? i have to see this show...
    If this group did decide to do a final reunion it would break every box office record known to man. Sigh.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A couple of days ago I rediscovered Early Singles compilation, after a few years of ignoring it. Turns out this compilation is bloody awesome.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    That's cool that they're repressing it, but Amused to Death hasn't aged well for me at all. I remember when I first heard it I liked it enough, but now it's just seemingly overloaded with melodrama and embarrassing theatrics.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Really? That's a better argument for his two previous albums, but ATD ​is still lyrically pretty relevant. Plus it's not as dated by the technology used.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I wonder if they're planning to re-release/expand ofter PF albums akin to recent Wall, WYWH and DSOM reissues. Any hints?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Only that Mason has said he'd like to see a similar reissue of the Syd Barrett material, that in digging through the archives they found stuff dating way before "Arnold Layne".

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Is Australian Pink Floyd Show worth going to?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've heard from friends that the APFS is worth going to see, but steer clear of PFX (The Pink Floyd Experience). It is incredibly boring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah Aussie Floyd is excellent. They're not cheap for a tribute band (think I paid about £36 for their last tour) but they put on a good show.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    http://darkside40.pinkfloyd.com/

You can listen to the real thing for free (and legally) here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Anybody know where you can find The Wall, Movie audio version? I love some of the Movie versions better than the album versions...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by steelnails95 View Post
    Anybody know where you can find The Wall, Movie audio version? I love some of the Movie versions better than the album versions...
    There's a bootleg called Every Brick in The Wall, which is pretty much that.

Alternately, rip it yourself!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Storm Thorgerson = Best Graphic designer in Rock History. Other pieces of artwork i like more, but i cant think of anyone else who produced as many iconic sleeves as him. Always thought this one for prog rock band Quatermass was his most epic.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I grew up listening to Wish You Were Here and Dark Side of the Moon, and I can't think of either of those albums without the cover art leaping into my mind. He will be missed...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    27 years later (I'm 27), I am only now today discovering the 8-track version of Pigs on the Wings!!??? The one where both parts are merge on a single track with a solo in the middle, not played by David Gilmour?

MIND BLOWN!!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    It's played by Snowy White who was an auxilary guitarist for Floyd during the 1977 In the Flesh Tour and the first leg of the The Wall Tour in 1980. He's currently playing for Roger Waters.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh, I hope there's a good DVD/Blu-Ray release coming with new input from the band.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    That's my guess. The "improved sound" part leads me to believe Maben was allowed to use the multi-track recordings of the film, which Pink Floyd owns. I hope there's more interviews and footage of the band overdubbing and eating pie (some without crust!).

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I would like a Blu-ray of Pulse.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Pulse on Blu-ray doesn't make sense due to video most probably not filmed in HD in the first place.

I, however, would like a dvd of Delicate Sound of Thunder.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    A Blu-ray of Delicate Sound of Thunder would be more likely because it was shot on film not VHS (like Pulse). But that in and of itself is up to debate because the band wasn't crazy about that or the live album.

But I'll take Pompeii over Pulse ​anyday.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    A Blu-ray of Delicate Sound of Thunder would be more likely because it was shot on film not VHS (like Pulse). But that in and of itself is up to debate because the band wasn't crazy about that or the live album.

But I'll take Pompeii over Pulse ​anyday.
    Same here though I wouldn't mind a new DVD of Pulse since I do feel that the set lists and performances were much better than on Delicate Sound of Thunder. Plus, that concert didn't have the mullet guy on guitar and sax.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

"storm was laid to rest earlier this week. music and art brought us together and was one of the unsaid bonds between our friendship and work together.

you had quite an adventurous and rich life storm and we are all the better for having had your art in ours. rest in peace my friend. i will miss you."

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Last edited by onthewall2983; 08-15-2015 at 07:58 AM.