Page 11 of 28 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Pink Floyd

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixML View Post
    I went to see Roger Waters The Wall Live in theater. I hadn't seen the show before. I never was a big fan of The Wall musically, but I always loved the concept. It was absolutely amazing! It was visually stunning and the sound was great.

It's really worth it!
    How much of the film is concert footage versus the documentary side of things?

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theburningreptile View Post
    Does anyone have a link of the set list to the new Wall live album? I know there's obviously wall tracks. I just wanted to know if he played any other gems like, Set the controls for the heart of the sun.
    I don't think they played anything besides The Wall during the whole tour.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Setlist goes a little bit like this one:
    http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/roger-...-63dc9ad3.html

The documentary is a little weird at first, but you get to see beautiful scenery from around Europe. You get 3 minutes every 3-4 songs. Roger really has nothing to say. I think it would have been better off without the documentary, but it didn't distract me too much. It almost felt like it broke the flow of the show but not too much.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The official word is the soundtrack will be announced in a few weeks.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Roger says a Wall musical is still in the works. Crazy as it sounds I'd still love to see Trent as Pink.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Just do some new music, Roger. Seriously. Enough of The Wall already.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Agreed!!!! And maybe get Dave and Nick to contribute on a few tracks to make it more special.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It sounds like the new album is all written, so expect the album to come out in another 5 years.

But seriously I'd like to see how it could translate onto the stage.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    But seriously I'd like to see how it could translate onto the stage.
    There's original The Wall tour footage. There's the film. The Berlin show. And the recent tour documentary. Tell me you honestly believe the stage production won't be the same old stuff with the wall on the stage and animations and moving puppets. Maybe with slight song arrangement variations.

This is why I always rated David Gilmour higher as a musician. Yes, he still likes playing old Pink stuff, but he releases new music and plays it in approx the same amount, while Roger keeps beating that horse for years.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    There's original The Wall tour footage. There's the film. The Berlin show. And the recent tour documentary. Tell me you honestly believe the stage production won't be the same old stuff with the wall on the stage and animations and moving puppets. Maybe with slight song arrangement variations.
    No need for animations and (especially) moving puppets if you have actors performing roles. That's the big difference between a musical and the shows Roger has been doing. I think if anything it's a chance to improve upon it as a dramatic work as tried with the original film.

I agree with you on Gilmour though. I will be excited for Roger's new album however.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Maybe I'm the only one here who liked this new Wall documentary & show.. It was great, DSOTM tour was also great. If you can get 'enough' of The Wall, good for you. I still need much more.

Roger never stopped making new songs, he's only hesitant to release it because he'll never outdo Amused To Death.
    After Ca Ira or whatever, I almost had no interest in Roger's new songs till recently but if I think of all the music he's ever written, Roger's music was always better than Gilmour's to me.
    About Face vs Hitch Hiking / Amused To Death vs Division Bell etc.
    He should refrain a little from talking politics, though.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 11-19-2015 at 12:48 AM.

Mentioned
    97 Post(s)
    While we're at it... Momentary Lapse + Division Bell + On an Island >>>>> Pros & Cons + The Final Cut. Subjectively, of course.
    Can't remember much about Amused and Radio KAOS, haven't listened to them in ages. Will give them another spin soon.
    Last edited by fillow; 11-19-2015 at 06:36 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    While we're at... Momentary Lapse + Division Bell + On an Island >>>>> Pros & Cons + The Final Cut. Subjectively, of course.
    Can't remember much about Amused and Radio KAOS, haven't listened to them in ages. Will give them another spin soon.
    Every man to his taste. For me Momentary Lapse + Division Bell + On An Island <<<<< Hitchhiking + The Final Cut.
    As an album, of course.

You really should listen to those records again, but when you listen to Radio KAOS, if you can get your hands on 'Project KAOS' bootleg just know that's way better than the original.
    Last edited by Lerxto; 11-19-2015 at 06:31 AM.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    It appears David will be on Kimmel tomorrow night so check that out.

I'm seeing his gig in Chicago next Friday

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Anybody else been to the gigs in the past week? I was at Toronto night 1, pretty sweet show. A couple of minor flubs (I think David came in a little early on the intros to "Time" and "Faces of Stone") but an amazing light and video show, well worth the money and David's guitar solos can still bring a tear to the eye.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Anybody else been to the gigs in the past week? I was at Toronto night 1, pretty sweet show. A couple of minor flubs (I think David came in a little early on the intros to "Time" and "Faces of Stone") but an amazing light and video show, well worth the money and David's guitar solos can still bring a tear to the eye.
    Went to first night at the Bowl and The Forum. Good stuff.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Show was amazing. Cried at least once. His band was excellent, and his playing and singing remains top notch.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    About to buy the Roger Waters The Wall Live blu ray. Any reason to be talked out of it, reviews?...

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I haven't gotten the Blu yet (I chose to buy the soundtrack instead once I got the chance), but you won't be talked out of it from me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Found this video, featuring a somewhat different arrangement of the original on A Momentary Lapse of Reason

Mentioned
    253 Post(s)
    Can't listen to that song now without hearing Gilmour's coked-out voice in my head singing "I tot I tot of everyting" like Tweety Bird.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I have to admit when I was a little kid I LOVED that song (I still do). Some kids get really stuck on rhythm and the one for that song is really good. There are some other interesting videos from that concert including a few songs that they never performed with the band but probably would have loved to. Jon Carin in particular is probably someone who has a few great albums in him, considering the learning trees of Pink Floyd and The Who he spent time under.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I wonder how they're going to reissue Atom Heart Mother on vinyl. They can either A: break up the epic title suite, or B: leave everything the way it was and piss off the audiophiles (side 2 is 28 minutes long, mind you).

Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Patrick_Nicholas View Post
    I wonder how they're going to reissue Atom Heart Mother on vinyl. They can either A: break up the epic title suite, or B: leave everything the way it was and piss off the audiophiles (side 2 is 28 minutes long, mind you).
    I'd pick two of the short songs from side 2 and put them on a 7” included in the package.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Put it out on 2 vinyl discs. Side one is the suite, two is the three songs, three is "Alan's Psychedelic Breakfast" and leave the fourth blank.