Page 428 of 483 FirstFirst ... 328 378 418 426 427 428 429 430 438 478 ... LastLast
Results 12,811 to 12,840 of 14485

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Everyone did. Find one person, just one, who is actually surprised by this.
    I wasn't surprised, but a little disappointed, i saw the Hardys 24 special on the network and it seemed both of them conquered their demons, but it seems Jeff's are still around...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He's fine when he has a purpose. Sitting at home doing nothing doesn't help.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Hardy needs a little RnR - rehab and retire
    I can't stand alcohol but honestly what did he do wrong for "falling off the wagon" exactly? Sure, he shouldn't have been publicly intoxicated but he wasn't high off his ass with cocaine or anything. Nor did he have contraband.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I can't stand alcohol but honestly what did he do wrong for "falling off the wagon" exactly? Sure, he shouldn't have been publicly intoxicated but he wasn't high off his ass with cocaine or anything. Nor did he have contraband.
    This is nowhere near as bad as other things he's done. Didn't wreck a car. Just made an ass of himself. Couldve been worse.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Given the man's history of drug or alcohol charges, there's definitely an underlying substance abuse issue. It only took me two DWI charges to realize my need to eliminate alcohol from my life before it ruined my, or worse, someone else's life. This dude showed up to wrestle Sting, on a PPV, so fucked up that he could barely stand. That should've been the wake up call that alcohol, whether he's on the road working or not, is the fucking problem.
    I think the WWE, knowing his history, should encourage Hardy to get himself some help and then allow him to retire. I don't think he needs to do anything else in ring. Grand slam champ? Check. Legendary career? Check. At this point, the man's mental, emotional and physical health far outweigh any desire I have to see him do another swanton bomb.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Pretty good Extreme Rules show thus far and after Evolve 131 and AEW FFTF, it's been a damn good weekend for wrestling.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Missed the first hour and a half. Guessing it's worth going back to? The last man standing match was solid. Only gripe is it couldve been Shorter.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Missed the first hour and a half. Guessing it's worth going back to? The last man standing match was solid. Only gripe is it couldve been Shorter.
    Best Undertaker match in a long while. Glad he had a chance to wash the taste of the Goldberg match out of everyone's mouth. It's been a very good show thus far.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not gonna lie, this PPV has turned out WAY better than I thought it would. Just about every match has been enjoyable so far.

Aleister Black vs Cesaro was awesome.

Incredible US Title match with Styles and Ricochet.

Great paced, energetic SD! Tag Team Championship match.

I love Alexa (no shit if you frequent this thread) but not surprised by that crap finish we got. It's gonna build to the inevitable boring conclusion of one splitting from the other due to losses. Shame.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    AEW - Meh
    EVOLVE - Good shit!
    Extreme Rules - Black/Cesaro, Ricochet/AJ, SD Tag Titles and Mixed Tag clusterfuck are all worth it.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Fight for the Fallen was very good. I didn’t waste any time on Evolve. It’s not ever been my thing and the fact that it was a disingenuous move by WWE to give the indies the rub (fuck with AEW) just sealed the deal.

There were some decent matches at Extreme Rules but if you had any doubt whatsoever that Senile Vince is still calling the shots, Master Blaster should’ve made it quite clear.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    WWE has left such a bad taste in my mouth recently that I find it very, very hard to watch these days. I had Extreme Rules on my laptop- on silent. I'd glance over every now and then and eventually fell asleep. I have been enjoying AEW so far. It of course needs a lot of work in some areas, but I've been pretty impressed.

And yet somehow, some way, I'm going to drag myself to watch Raw tonight and Smackdown tomorrow. It's tough to break from something you've been watching since 1988....although I had a good 9/10 year break starting around 2004.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Bray is back praise be to wwe

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    The lights went out and I knew he was coming.

Unfortunately....it felt like classic Bray Wyatt with new clothing. I know you can't judge without ringwork and on air promos but Firefly Funhouse seemed irrelevant after watching that return.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    WWE has left such a bad taste in my mouth recently that I find it very, very hard to watch these days. I had Extreme Rules on my laptop- on silent. I'd glance over every now and then and eventually fell asleep. I have been enjoying AEW so far. It of course needs a lot of work in some areas, but I've been pretty impressed.

And yet somehow, some way, I'm going to drag myself to watch Raw tonight and Smackdown tomorrow. It's tough to break from something you've been watching since 1988....although I had a good 9/10 year break starting around 2004.
    I'm the same, it's dreadful to watch but I just can't give up. I'm an addict. Just like being a Marilyn Manson fan in 2019.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I was able to walk away from Manson. This one isn't so easy. Been in since 93... Doesn't help that I keep getting lured in by all the staff changes. And every time, I'm just as disappointed as before.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    The Funhouse might not be gone just yet...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I'm a Finn Balor stan and love the Demon King, but with the news of his two months off post-Summerslam after, presumably, a match with Bray Wyatt, this would be the perfect time to accomplish a few things -

1. To make Wyatt finally realize the potential that WWE has squandered in the past, the Fiend needs to beat the Demon King at Summerslam. This would explain a two month absence and would also establish Wyatt as a credible threat to EVERYONE. He's had high profile matches with Cena, Undertaker and Randy Orton at Wrestlemanias past, and he's lost all three. A win against the undefeated (in WWE, not counting NXT) Demon King would reestablish him in a new way.

2. The loss against Wyatt not only explains his absence, but upon his return, Finn Balor turns heel. Whether that's with joining the Club, forming a new stable, or just going out there on his own and being the Prince Devitt of old, he needs this to happen because babyface Finn has gotten stale from a storytelling perspective. This could have an adverse effect and make him into a Becky Lynch-style babyface, but give him a villainous run for a bit and let him loose on the good guys.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I feel like Wyatt has been buried ever since that last man standing match with Cena.

I mean, why did he even loose that WM to taker? Taker should have been the one putting HIM over.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    I feel like Wyatt has been buried ever since that last man standing match with Cena.

I mean, why did he even loose that WM to taker? Taker should have been the one putting HIM over.
    Agreed. That's why I'm hoping they're using this to correct those wrongs of the past.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wyatt was always a victim to circumstance. Not going over on Taker or Cena hurt him. It's always the booking. Cool if you want him to job. They had no plan after though. They have him a two week reign only to give it to orton in THAT match. Just bad decisions all around for him. They killed him.

They have a second chance now. I'm worried they're going to screw it up again. He's over. Shouldn't be too hard. They always find a way to convolute and run something into the ground. Hopefully wrong.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    You assholes made me wait for this for a long time.

The parting words make me think (hope) she's not being shelved again and will continue to be on air.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I've decided that my break from watching WWE will extend until Sami Zayn gets a clean win. It may be a long time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    I've decided that my break from watching WWE will extend until Sami Zayn gets a clean win. It may be a long time.
    Aka never.

But hey, I got this actually funny Alexa Bliss Burger King commercial in these trying times.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Charlotte vs Trish doesn’t really move the needle for me.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The O.C. is a dumb ass name but the shirt is cool as hell!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Don't even get me started on that bullshit.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Is anyone else keeping tabs on Moxley in New Japan? He's their US champion and so far is undefeated in the G1 tournament. He also has some pretty great post-match interviews.

Dean was always my favorite in WWE, and now that he's on his own and able to show off what he can really do, I feel vindicated in holding that opinion.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I havent watched much of the WWE lately, but the match sounds random as fuck...

Other than Balor/Wyatt im not seeing anything interesting on the Summerslam card.