Page 322 of 483 FirstFirst ... 222 272 312 320 321 322 323 324 332 372 422 ... LastLast
Results 9,631 to 9,660 of 14485

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I'm digging LU too so far but Vampiro is real bad at commentary. I'm eagerly awaiting Cage, Mack and Joey Ryan. Good to see Ricky Reyes and B-Boy.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The final card for wrestlemania is almost complete ...man! it's not looking as anything special.

Excluding Neville/Aries and Jericho/Owens, i don't care

I hope i'm proved wrong, but this is shaping up to be one lousy WM...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    The final card for wrestlemania is almost complete ...man! it's not looking as anything special.

Excluding Neville/Aries and Jericho/Owens, i don't care

I hope i'm proved wrong, but this is shaping up to be one lousy WM...
    Agreed. Those are the 2 matches I care about. Everything else... meh.... it's going to suck and I bet it will win Dave Meltzer's Worst Worked Show of the Year.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NYRexall View Post
    Their treatment of Owens has been an absolute joke, to say the least

First, they have Jericho playing second fiddle to him for six months, which makes no sense. Then they have his entire universal title reign get destroyed in 20 seconds by Goldberg. Then he immediately stoops into the mid-card by challenging Jericho for the secondary title. Then he gets obliterated by Lesnar at MSG in about two minutes.

How the fuck am I ever going to take your bullshit Raw title seriously when virtually the only guy to hold it is getting trounced by guys who peaked 15-20 years ago?
    I agree that the booking has been dumb for the most part and Owens (and all their talent for that matter) deserve better, but that's WWE's own fault, they don't take their current talent seriously and they have relied on part timers for a long time ago...

I don't mind Goldberg/Lesnar being for the title, actually it kind of elevates the strap, but it's so sad how it had to be

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    There's a rumor about the main event for next year's WrestleMania which will be ugh..... Brock Lesnar vs. Roman Reigns for the WWE Universal title.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    @NYRexall Mathews (not the bad heel he's playing now) is better than JBL, Cole, Otunga, King, and Vampiro but not by much. I don't know how Otunga still has a job with WWE. Can't wrestle. Can't talk. Demoting King was long overdue. Cole is supposed to be leaving commentary soon for a backstage role and that can't come soon enough. I love that Jim Ross was too hillbilly for Vince so he hired JBL. Vampiro just sucks in between putting himself over.

Graves is the best WWE has right now. He is solid and will only improve over time. Striker has always been good. I miss Tenay. Excalibur is the fucking master, though. Nobody beats him but PWG is the best. Who even does commentary for ROH now that Kevin Kelly (who has always sucked), Steve Corino (fun but not great), and McGuinness (technically sound play by play but a bit boring) are all gone?

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Corey Graves is great! i love his Pantera and Heavy Metal references...

It's pretty obvious they are going with Lesnar/Reigns after WM, at this point it's not funny anymore, i'm bored with this "guy".

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    JBL and Cole are two of the worst ever. I too miss Tenay; that dude was hilarious when he would get angry or excited. The Pope is stale. Graves is indeed a trip to listen to. The "mama mia" guy from Smackdown is entertaining, too.

I wish ROH would sign Jim Ross and Joey Styles for commentary, but that's probably way outside their budget. I still don't have a problem with Vampiro doing play-by-play.
    Mauro Ranallo is good, he messes up at times, but he has tons of knowledge and he's not annoying like JBL or Boring like Otunga and Saxton.
    Vampiro got better with time, but he isn't the best announcer, that's for sure...

I'm waiting for the next 20 episodes of season 3, but in the meantime i'm rewatching season 1

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Page has had some images and some sexual videos leaked, poor girl.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Page has had some images and some sexual videos leaked, poor girl.
    I know. I just downloaded them. She's going to be fired which sucks though.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Oh how could I forget Mauro?!! He's good too.

And yeah, I did see Paige "practicing."

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone here think a Balor heel turn is possible at Mania?

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Is that Xavier Woods? I honestly hope not (he's engaged). The guy filming is Brad Maddox for sure. I mean, I guess we don't know how old these are.

Shes with ADR now so these would have to be older. Maddox hasn't worked for WWE in a bit.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I would definitely not want to look in my inbox and see a PM containing anything of the sort from you. AT ALL
    Don't worry. I won't do that. I did see more as it might involve Xavier Woods. I hope he doesn't get fired. Still, this isn't right as it would suck if he and Paige are fired because of something that is just very private.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So who do you think is a worse commentator? David Otunga or Josh Matthews? They both make heel Michael Cole sound like Good Ol' JR.

And as for this rumor of Brock-Roman for WrestleMania 34.... I would rather have the Miz headline WrestleMania again. Miz may not be a great wrestler but he is a fun character that at least has paid his dues unlike the Samoan Sissy.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Sucks for Page and Xavier. Doubt they're in any trouble. Might be a long time before we see her back though. They're the victims in this. Xavier will be fine. He might have been engaged during that time though or dating the girl he's married/engaged with. That probably won't be pretty.

Anyone catch the southpaw stuff? It's amazing.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I have seen the Southpaw stuff. It is hilarious. Please, have Rusev become a face. He's funny. Cena was also funny in a bland kind of way.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Gotta wonder if Cena was trying to be like Mean Gene. Either way, he was hilarious. Took me awhile to figure out the other announcer (also pretty funny). I won't spoil that. Watched three eps so far. It's amazing.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I also love seeing Jericho. The Surfer Dudes w/ Attitude. That one killed me.

Oh shit, I just thought of something. That movie about Paige and her family that the Rock is producing.... oh fuck....

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Nice! Paige was the hottest girl for me from the women's roster (no one can compete with Jericho though), so this was a nice surprise early in the morning. But that belt shot was fucking hilarious... I sorta understand why they did that, but damn, I'd be pissed off if that was the original.

I just hope that when (if... but fingers crossed) she returns from being suspended/fired, they will use this for an angle on her. It would be stupid not to.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Southpaw is delightful. I think I know who everyone is except Chet Chetterfield (Fandango?) and the two guys with Jericho...were they Neville and Gotch? I watched it on my phone so the screen was tiny.
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-18-2017 at 11:09 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Yep, Fandango is Chet.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Looking forward to the "Nude Day Rocks" chants,,,

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Some people make a way bigger deal out of this on social media. I really hope Paige will own up to this and not let herself dragged down. I liked her initial tweet and the lack of "BAH GAWD, IM GONNA LAWYER UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Southpaw is delightful. I think I know who everyone is except Chet Chetterfield (Fandango?) and the two guys with Jericho...were they Neville and Gotch? I watched it on my phone so the screen was tiny.
    Watched all 4 yesterday; pretty funny stuff. Something like Southpaw is a phenomenal way for guys to get over, and also space to practice character development and delivery.
    As much as I dug the first 4 episodes of SPW, I couldn't also help but be a bit frustrated. As cool as it is to see them letting the Superstars grow their character(s) it's a damn shame that more of this isn't "allowed" on the tee-vee. Case in point - apparently, TJP is John Johnson. Where's this personality/charisma on Monday and Tuesday nights? Oh, right. He's not allowed to go off script and has to force video game puns into every promo. If anything, I couldn't agree more with this synopsis posted by Whatculture:
    The overscripted nature of the modern word of pro wrestling stifles creativity, and Southpaw Regional Wrestling is a perfect example of what can happen when the talent is granted more freedom over their characters and angles: magic.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So. goddamn. exhausted.

Saturday I woke up at 5 Am and hit the road to Tennessee for a 10 hour drive. Got a 4 ways for a cruiser weight title shot, which i won..then a few matches later was my first round match for the cruiser weight tournament, which i lost..then the champion immediately granted me my title shot without giving me time to rest.. Which i lost... Then I hi the road for the 10 hour drive home..got home at 7AM on sunday, woke up at 11 am, hit the road to cleveland and had a tag match today. I LOVE Mondays.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    So. goddamn. exhausted.

Saturday I woke up at 5 Am and hit the road to Tennessee for a 10 hour drive. Got a 4 ways for a cruiser weight title shot, which i won..then a few matches later was my first round match for the cruiser weight tournament, which i lost..then the champion immediately granted me my title shot without giving me time to rest.. Which i lost... Then I hi the road for the 10 hour drive home..got home at 7AM on sunday, woke up at 11 am, hit the road to cleveland and had a tag match today. I LOVE Mondays.
    Hope you sleep well my friend.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Gotta wonder if Cena was trying to be like Mean Gene. Either way, he was hilarious. Took me awhile to figure out the other announcer (also pretty funny). I won't spoil that. Watched three eps so far. It's amazing.
    I would say Lance Catamaran was modeled off of Lance Russell.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Of course The New Day makes a subtle sex tape joke to Xavier on Raw.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Of course The New Day makes a subtle sex tape joke to Xavier on Raw.

I missed it, what was said?