Page 379 of 389 FirstFirst ... 279 329 369 377 378 379 380 381 ... LastLast
Results 11,341 to 11,370 of 11644

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Had a blast working for Kaiju Big Battel for the 2nd time..This time I actually made my city of Pittsburgh debut and debuted in an upscale theater where i've seen several Plays, and comedians..VERY mind blowing..Had a blast in my match, the regular kaiju workers (ref, sound guy, etc) all said I KILLED it as this character. However, had a bit of a timing issue, and blew my back out DOING an x-factor..very upset about that.. But after that spot, I knew we were taking it home.

Sunday, I woke up and couldn't move, messaged the booker and told him I couldn't work and pitched him an angle how to take me out of the match, but come in, take the hot tag, bump the baddies twice, and eat the pin..we did that and I'm glad cause i'm feeling a lot better today.. I KNOW if I would have wrestled, I would have definitely been worse for wear.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I KNOW if I would have wrestled, I would have definitely been worse for wear.
    Know your limitations and don't cripple yourself.

On other fronts, I watched the latest Table For 3 episode with Trish, Lita and Alexa. Pretty fun and informative episode for all 3 women involved. I enjoyed it! I won't spoil what they talk about but the match on RAW Trish and Lita mention in it I attended live. I didn't even know Charlotte Flair was there until this episode....new facts are fun!

For those interested, it's a good watch.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 07-09-2018 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    *creams*

I'm glad she's back i saw her recently in Hugo Savidovich's Youtube channel (one of the original spanish announcers from the 90's...) and she looked awesome and seems that she's a nice person...

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Roh and New Japan are running Madison Square Garden the day before Wrestlemania! I bet Vince is PISSED!

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Roh and New Japan are running Madison Square Garden the day before Wrestlemania! I bet Vince is PISSED!
    Wasn't that canned? Pretty sure ROH are seeking legal action. Or did something change?

Edit:

It's a thing. Let's see if WWE tries shutting this one down too though.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Wasn't that canned? Pretty sure ROH are seeking legal action. Or did something change?
    http://wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/2018...adison-square/

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Let's see how long until WWE tries shutting that one down too

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    I heard AAA is doing some dates at MSG too, i hope that happens, i'm fucking tired of WWE bullying all the other promotions

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Let's see how long until WWE tries shutting that one down too
    I wouldn't be surprised if the way they tried to hurt them is by making a huge push to sign Omega and The Young Bucks. Obviously that would hurt New Japan/ROH in a huge way just a few months before such a big show

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if the way they tried to hurt them is by making a huge push to sign Omega and The Young Bucks. Obviously that would hurt New Japan/ROH in a huge way just a few months before such a big show
    I could see Omega coming in but given the WWE tag team situation well almost forever I could see the Bucks being the next Gallows & Anderson. If I were them I'd want major assurances of that not happening & Vince not being willing to give them.

Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    I stopped watching the WWF in about 93, but I have become interested in attending a (much) smaller show.

A couple of years ago, I was at a hotel in Amarillo and Demolition was there because doing a title card at a TINY venue for like $10.

I wish to GOD I would have gone to it: I've been kicking myself ever since. I saw a documentary called Card Subject to Change that made it seem like these shows could.be a LOT of fun to attend.

Do any of you guys make it out to your local wrestling shows?

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by skullboy0 View Post
    I could see Omega coming in but given the WWE tag team situation well almost forever I could see the Bucks being the next Gallows & Anderson. If I were them I'd want major assurances of that not happening & Vince not being willing to give them.
    Yeah, tag teams are doomed in WWE. Bucks are going to get paid if they go though. So even if they jobbed out, it wouldn't matter. They would be the highest paid tag team. They're not going to come cheap. Might encourage wwe to actually use them right with that price tag. Same with Omega.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    I stopped watching the WWF in about 93, but I have become interested in attending a (much) smaller show.

A couple of years ago, I was at a hotel in Amarillo and Demolition was there because doing a title card at a TINY venue for like $10.

I wish to GOD I would have gone to it: I've been kicking myself ever since. I saw a documentary called Card Subject to Change that made it seem like these shows could.be a LOT of fun to attend.

Do any of you guys make it out to your local wrestling shows?
    I follow AAW very closely. They run out of the Chicago area.

Mentioned
    397 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I follow AAW very closely. They run out of the Chicago area.
    That's bad ass.
    i looked and there are no promotions out of the panhandle, which surprises me because of the history of wrestlers from amarillo.
    i guess i'll just have to keep my eyes peeled for traveling shows.

like these days, i don't think i would get into following the story lines on tv like i did when i was younger, but i would LOVE to see that degree of athleticism in the front row at a small venue you know?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Yeah, tag teams are doomed in WWE. Bucks are going to get paid if they go though. So even if they jobbed out, it wouldn't matter. They would be the highest paid tag team. They're not going to come cheap. Might encourage wwe to actually use them right with that price tag. Same with Omega.
    Obviously I don't have the exact numbers, but between what they get paid to wrestle & merch sales they do very well for themselves. WWE would obviously be able to offer more, but it would be worth it to give up the freedom they have now as far as where/when they wrestle vs the WWE grind.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Update: Back is feeling much better, very glad i took it easy on sunday.

Friday: Simple tag match:
    Saturday: VERY fun tag match. Lots of silliness involved, Even though it's a long watch, I encourage you to watch the whole thing (Something surprising at the end!):
    today: Rest until Extreme Rules (I don't even wanna go. blah!)

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    https://www.wwe.com/article/hulk-hog...e-hall-of-fame

Dipshit is reinstated to the WWE Hall of Fame after being suspended three years ago.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

Dipshit is reinstated to the WWE Hall of Fame after being suspended three years ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    elevenism: I used to go to JAPW (Jersey All Pro Wrestling) cards all the time, as their venue was 2 blocks from my house. this was the late 90's, I was in 8th grade, and it was an AWESOME time. they'd have WWF and ECW talent in there all the time. I remember New Jack having a match there, and he took the match not only outside, but two blocks away, with the entire crowd following! this is in a busy city so we were stopping traffic, scaring shoppers etc! it was awesome!

I had to cancel my network subscription this morning because I can't afford the extra money anymore. with the news of Hogan though, I'm glad, because I'm not supporting a company who supports that anymore.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yay, finally! Hope he becomes a GM eventually - guess they'll test the waters by showing him to an audience soon.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post

He has been "re-appearing" little by little... i think it's building to a Wrestlemania 35 segment, it's "New York" after all, i'm pretty sure Vince wants him back...

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    It was only a matter of time until that racist piece of leathery shit was brought back.

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    This PPV is odd as hell...however, this made me laugh.

Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    okay, actually had a ton of fun at Extreme Rules.

Hijacking the main event had nothing to do with being anti seth/ anti dolph.. We're just tired of iron man matches.. We get SO many in Pittsburgh. I hate them.

Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Decent show. On tv, the crowd kinda sucked tbh and kinda ruined the show. The rumble countdown every minute got old real quick.

Asuka/Carmella was stupid, again. Asuka just stands forever waiting to get beat, again.

Didn't watch Roman and Lashley. Heard it was good though. Shocking finish.

Iron man was good. Nowhere near their raw match recently though. Having so many falls was kind of ridiculous. Especially considering they had a long match just weeks ago that only needed one fall. This one had seven falls too far in.

Figured Nakamura would win. Been hearing Hardy is hurting pretty bad. So it makes sense to probably do what they did. Could do without Boreton. He's at least a heel which is far better. Awful as a face. Very good natural heel.

Nia and Alexa happened...

AJ and Rusev was good, not great. Crowd seemed dead.

Tbh, I had forgotten about the iron man match and thought the show was over until I saw Rollins and thought "oh yeah...".

Mentioned
    128 Post(s)
    Even as a major (and obvious) Alexa Bliss fan I could even say her match sucked. It was nothing but a storyteller/drama heightening match for Ronda and Alexa at SummerSlam. Ronda interfering totally broke the flow.

Meh.

Babe looking fantastic though,

I’ll post my my other opinions tomorrow.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Re: The Crowd -

I watched the Roman vs. Lashley match, and while it was not a MOTY contender, it was NOT a bad match and did not earn the "We the people" and "Rusev Day" chants in the middle of it. I know this one got a lot of attention from the bookers and sites were reporting it was going to be the main event, so the fact that it wasn't should've been enough to cool the crowd down from the Roman hate, and that's not even talking about the clean win Lashley picked up. I think I've been clear with how I feel about how Roman has booked and portrayed, but last night was a bit of an overreaction from the crowd towards the match.