Page 429 of 483 FirstFirst ... 329 379 419 427 428 429 430 431 439 479 ... LastLast
Results 12,841 to 12,870 of 14484

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Trying to dodge WWE’s recent bullshit.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Listened to MJF on Talk Is Jericho sold me 150% on this guy. No interest in AEW changed to me tuning in actively for him now when it airs.

So much attitude, perfect promo work and a great character. His approach is so character based that the wrestling skills come secondary. Going to be great.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Listened to MJF on Talk Is Jericho sold me 150% on this guy. No interest in AEW changed to me tuning in actively for him now when it airs.

So much attitude, perfect promo work and a great character. His approach is so character based that the wrestling skills come secondary. Going to be great.
    If you haven't seen this one yet, it's GOLD.

Side note - super stoked that CVV is going to be an on-air/back stage interviewer for AEW. Such a good interviewer.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Another Venn diagram of my interests...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I am shocked that Space Suicide has been quiet since Monday night in this thread.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Prediction time! It's been too long.

WWE Summerslam:

Drew Gulak vs Oney Lorcan - I think Gulak holds onto this one but I legit think these two are gonna shoot on each other and I am here for it. Should be a good one.

Trish vs Charlotte - So maybe this is Trish's retirement match and so Charlotte is gonna pick up the win. I think this match could firmly cement Charlotte's direction going forward because she's been a little lost lately.

Goldberg vs Dolph - I mean, yeah, Goldberg is gonna win this one. Anything to wash the taste of Super ShowDown out of everyone's mouths. Please don't hit your head on the locker room door on the way out to the ring, Bill.

Finn vs Bray - I'll do a short version of what I said earlier, but this should be a win for Bray and I kind of hope he beats Finn with Finn as the Demon just to really hammer it home how dangerous the Fiend is. That might just be me.

KO vs Shane - I fully expect Owens to put on a grade-A ass whoopin' on Shane to send him off TV for a while.

AJ Styles vs Ricochet - I like Ricochet for this one because I think our other big matches might not have pleasant outcomes, but he and AJ will likely put on the match of the night.

Bayley vs Ember Moon - This one has really not had much hype, has it. I'd like Ember to win it, but I think Bayley holds on for the win.

Becky vs Natalya - Ronda Rousey returns and costs Becky the title. That's my crazy prediction of the night. I doubt it will happen. Becky retains.

Kofi vs Randy - I think Kofi pulls this one out but it's gonna be a brutal match to watch.

Brock vs Seth - Brock destroys Seth and beats him within an inch of his life.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Prediction time! It's been too long.

WWE Summerslam:

Drew Gulak vs Oney Lorcan - I think Gulak holds onto this one but I legit think these two are gonna shoot on each other and I am here for it. Should be a good one.

Trish vs Charlotte - So maybe this is Trish's retirement match and so Charlotte is gonna pick up the win. I think this match could firmly cement Charlotte's direction going forward because she's been a little lost lately.

Goldberg vs Dolph - I mean, yeah, Goldberg is gonna win this one. Anything to wash the taste of Super ShowDown out of everyone's mouths. Please don't hit your head on the locker room door on the way out to the ring, Bill.

Finn vs Bray - I'll do a short version of what I said earlier, but this should be a win for Bray and I kind of hope he beats Finn with Finn as the Demon just to really hammer it home how dangerous the Fiend is. That might just be me.

KO vs Shane - I fully expect Owens to put on a grade-A ass whoopin' on Shane to send him off TV for a while.

AJ Styles vs Ricochet - I like Ricochet for this one because I think our other big matches might not have pleasant outcomes, but he and AJ will likely put on the match of the night.

Bayley vs Ember Moon - This one has really not had much hype, has it. I'd like Ember to win it, but I think Bayley holds on for the win.

Becky vs Natalya - Ronda Rousey returns and costs Becky the title. That's my crazy prediction of the night. I doubt it will happen. Becky retains.

Kofi vs Randy - I think Kofi pulls this one out but it's gonna be a brutal match to watch.

Brock vs Seth - Brock destroys Seth and beats him within an inch of his life.
    I can see Shane going over KO. Shane gets more heat. KO gets more sympathy. And he'll get even bigger pops when he shows up and keeps going after Shane after getting fired. Not a clean win at all either.

I see Becky retaining. Interesting Rousey prediction. Rousey has been talking about wanting to come back. And, Becky has thrown shade at her every now and then. I really want that one on one we should've gotten at mania. I figure its inevitable.

I agree on pretty much everything else. Particular Bray being the Demon. That would do wonders.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The bump that Adam Cole just took made me cringe

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Beth Phoenix is the Alex Marvez of David Otungas on commentary. Also, Candice LeRae is the best and I wish she’d get to win. Great match though. Love heel Shirai.
    Meanwhile, Charisma Vacuum somehow is allowed to keep the NXT Women’s title and it just straight up is senseless.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-10-2019 at 09:59 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Glad they gave Shirai the win. Needed it more. Not sure what's left for Baezler though. She's beaten everyone now. Other than Candice and Io, who else is there? She has no credible opponents anymore.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    That main event was overkill. I can only go ** at most for the bumps alone.

But 2 **** and a ****1/4 gives this a thumbs up still.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post

Another Venn diagram of my interests...
    I love and watch Damandyz Donutz every weeks. Liv makes it better. <3

That was her second guest appearance.

I am shocked that Space Suicide has been quiet since Monday night in this thread.
    It’s hard wading through the hatred online since then. NO ONE gave a fuck about these titles and she and Nikki won them and people magically care and start to hate. The hatred for Bliss is unreal online. It’s a little silly.

I love Alexa and am glad Nikki got her first WWE title but I would’ve wanted Asuka and Kairi to win. Would’ve been something different. I personally don’t expect Alexa and Nikki to hold these long. Hopefully I see them at Clash of Champions since I'm attending it live! My first PPV!

As for SummerSlam I’ll watch it. I missed TakeOver last night due to being at the beach. I’m home now.

If Charlotte wins and gloats in the ring Tuesday, Liv should return and beat the shit out of her. Perfect opportunity, don’t fuck it up.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 08-11-2019 at 07:52 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I guess I can see some people having issue. Those titles mean nothing. All the trouble they went through building them up, only to kill them at mania. Not blaming IIconics. They did what they were given, I'm sure. Cant blame Sasha for not wanting to come back. They took a big shit on what she and bayley lobbied for. Maybe they think Alexa can help put over the title. That's my guess why her and nikki won them. Vince and creative dont seem to really care though.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

I love this damn girl.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Yowie wowie.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yowie wowie.
    That was the only good thing on the PPV outside of Styles vs Ricochet

Although this was one of the better Brock matches

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I thought it was a good show tbh. Not great. It had plenty of good in there. Thought Charlotte/Trish was good. Kofi/Orton was good until the end. Bray was amazing.

Is this the first summerslam without a tag match? And it's weird not seeing Roman.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I thought it was a good show tbh. Not great. It had plenty of good in there. Thought Charlotte/Trish was good. Kofi/Orton was good until the end. Bray was amazing.

Is this the first summerslam without a tag match? And it's weird not seeing Roman.
    As much as I enjoy Kofi, Orton bores me to death and any match he's in I'm barely paying attention. Unfortunately it looks like that feud will continue

Charlotte/Trish was good but very predictable, almost paint by numbers

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    2014 had no tag matches on the pre-show or main show

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This was the best Brock match I've seen in quite a long time. For once I felt the stakes and Seth was excellent throughout. They've made great dueling partners.

The Fiend was incredible. All of the details even down to the realization that the new lantern is Bray's old head with the lantern jammed in its mouth. Fucking incredible and absolutely gruesome. I am 100% here for the Fiend.

Also, EDGE speared Elias?!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    The Fiend was definitely the coolest part of Summerslam and I hope this is how Bray will be used going forward.

I was pleasantly surprised at how good the Universal title match was. Kofi/Orton was good until the finish.

Goldberg still sucks. Gassed during his entrance and hit two shitty spears before finally getting the last one right. He’s awful.

Ricochet and Styles had MOTN.

Trish had some ring rust during the beginning of the match and Charlotte isn’t the best to depend on carrying one through a match but it ended up being decent in the end.

Related, Takeover was okay. Candice and Io had MOTN and it wasn’t even close.

Shayna still can’t speak but mystically gets to keep the title.

I don’t get The Street Profits at all. Plus, there’s not been a clearer example of Shawn and Marty when it comes to Montez and Angelo. Angelo looks like a sluggish husk in the ring. I think Montez will be good after some experience.

Something felt off with the main event. Cole and Gargano have had better matches. I can’t quite put my finger on exactly what it was but it just didn’t have the magic.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Goldberg still sucks. Gassed during his entrance and hit two shitty spears before finally getting the last one right. He’s awful.
    Idk man, that first spear was one of the best spears he's ever done. And that third one was probably the best spear EVER done.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    The first one looked the way it did because of Ziggler selling it. I backed it up and watched it a few times just shaking my head at how lazy Duh Man is.

I hope he sincerely thanked Ziggler in the back. He can’t even work 3 minutes! He makes Taker and Lesnar look like Bret and Shawn. It’s embarrassingly obvious that he’s up his own ass all these years, being careless and sloppy because “fuck it, the office likes me, so why do I need to learn how to work correctly?”

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Shooting for an October return.

I have an idea in mind, October will be my "on screen" return, where November would be my In-ring

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Oh great, look who is back.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    Shooting for an October return.

I have an idea in mind, October will be my "on screen" return, where November would be my In-ring
    If I get the Green-light for my idea, this will be REALLY freaking cool. Really cinematic production.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Oh great, look who is back.

The best women’s wrestler in WWE.