Page 425 of 485 FirstFirst ... 325 375 415 423 424 425 426 427 435 475 ... LastLast
Results 12,721 to 12,750 of 14538

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I usually put it on while I do other things. Only redeemable thing is firefly funhouse. According to the newest newsletter, Vince is well aware nothing's working.

And there's a rumor that the third hour of raw might get a little more mature. Not sure how much that helps since they don't seem capable of writing anything consistent or engaging, their fault or not.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Dat Taker/Goldberg match: -**

Oooof...

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    They never should have put Goldberg and Taker in a match at their age, in that environment and in that spot in the card. It was 102 degrees out there and two old guys who are past their prime shouldn't be wrestling a match longer than 4-5 minutes. I seriously thought one of them was going to be seriously hurt or die out there after the botched Tombstone. Bill smashing his head against his locker room and then going too hard into the ring post was ridiculous WCW nonsense.

The Tombstone is a two-person wrestling move that involves the work of both performers. One performer at a deficit puts the other in a horrible position and can end the way it did in that ring when Taker dropped Goldberg on his head. That botched jackhammer was insanely painful to see as well. I'm bracing to read a report in the next week or so talking about how hurt one or both of these guys are after this match.

WWE needs to tell the Saudi Authority to go fuck themselves the next time they propose one of these dinosaur matches. And if it's not the Saudi Authority requesting this, then WWE should fucking know better. Both guys are gonna tell you that they can go, but use your judgment and make the call for them. Put Taker in a match against Finn Balor. Put Goldberg in a match against Seth Rollins or Roman Reigns. But don't put two old guys against each other because this is gonna be the result every single time.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    "Then, WCW continued to main event shows with the older talent, while WWE was pushing new, younger guys." Hogan and Piper were early 40's when "Age in the Cage" happened at Starrcade '96...

You either die a WWE, or live long enough to see yourself become 2000 WCW.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I consider her a tweener with the way they've been working with her. I assume she'll turn face...eventually.

As for trying to make sense of their logic, I just ignore it at this point and hope they don't fuck up my favorites.
    They're not doing her in a favors if the booking is for her to be a tweener. The coffee is the only consistent thing about her right now. If this results in her losing to Bayley, then what's the point? Give her a consolation prize by having her and Nikki win the women's tag titles? That brings down the value of those belts even further. "Oh, I couldn't win the main title, so I'll settle for these tag belts in the meantime."

It's the same thing that they're doing with KO and now Dolph. Kofi has had an arguably better title run than Seth right now, but his opponents are guys who have been losing a ton of matches and being rewarded with title opportunities. I don't think Ziggler has won a match on TV in six months. Now he loses to Kofi at SSD and now he gets him again in a steel cage in two weeks?

The top heel in the company right now is the boss' son and he just beat Roman Reigns. WWE in 2019, folks.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    They're not doing her in a favors if the booking is for her to be a tweener. The coffee is the only consistent thing about her right now. If this results in her losing to Bayley, then what's the point? Give her a consolation prize by having her and Nikki win the women's tag titles? That brings down the value of those belts even further. "Oh, I couldn't win the main title, so I'll settle for these tag belts in the meantime."

It's the same thing that they're doing with KO and now Dolph. Kofi has had an arguably better title run than Seth right now, but his opponents are guys who have been losing a ton of matches and being rewarded with title opportunities. I don't think Ziggler has won a match on TV in six months. Now he loses to Kofi at SSD and now he gets him again in a steel cage in two weeks?

The top heel in the company right now is the boss' son and he just beat Roman Reigns. WWE in 2019, folks.
    I don't even know if she's a tweener. I'm making it up but sometimes she gets cheers sometimes it's kayfabe boos depending on what they're doing. Don't know why they can't do a double turn with her and Bayley for something different if they're unsure on what to do with her. Have Bayley cheat to win the title and make Alexa lose by it.

I like the IIconics but WWE's decision to make them horrible jobbers, even wth the titles now, is asinine. Sure, they're not the most talented in ring but they can do more than what they do now.

As for the rest of the match stipulations, opportunities and booking I think they're just out of ideas at the moment. They keep spinning the same narratives with different people in the role.

As for Shane....no idea why they're pushing his shit so hard this year.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So one of my friends is trying to cancel their Network account and this fucking piece of shit company literally took away the option to cancel accounts. He showed me first hand. We’ve tried every browser we can think of on both Windows and Mac and it’s the same every time, but when you try to cancel your account it just takes you back to the manage accounts page. Then he tried calling customer service to cancel and they have no options to do so. He sat on hold waiting for an actual human to talk to and then gave up after being on hold for 30 minutes.

Are these motherfuckers SERIOUS!?

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Do they use paypal? they might be able to cancel via that way in the reoccurring payments. Glad i canceled when i could

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    So one of my friends is trying to cancel their Network account and this fucking piece of shit company literally took away the option to cancel accounts. He showed me first hand. We’ve tried every browser we can think of on both Windows and Mac and it’s the same every time, but when you try to cancel your account it just takes you back to the manage accounts page. Then he tried calling customer service to cancel and they have no options to do so. He sat on hold waiting for an actual human to talk to and then gave up after being on hold for 30 minutes.

Tried to do it via my phone and no luck. I'll try it from my home computer in a bit and see if it comes up. They don't make it easy at all.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)

Wow, they sure are assholes...

Hope someone sues them for that

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Tried to do it via my phone and no luck. I'll try it from my home computer in a bit and see if it comes up. They don't make it easy at all.
    Yeah man we sat and tried it on everything we could possibly think of that was near us, thinking maybe it's just a Flash issue or something like that. But no, it was made very obvious that this company genuinely DOES NOT want you unsubscribing from their service.

Not that I wasn't already pretty much done with this company, but this is insane. I feel bad for my friend. Just texted him and he still has not gotten ahold of an actual person to cancel his account yet.

My first instinct is to assume the company must have conveniently taken the cancel form down after the massive backlash from Super Showdown this past weekend? Who the fuck knows. But this company has lost its damn mind if they are genuinely trapping their customers into un-cancellable accounts.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Yeah man we sat and tried it on everything we could possibly think of that was near us, thinking maybe it's just a Flash issue or something like that. But no, it was made very obvious that this company genuinely DOES NOT want you unsubscribing from their service.

Not that I wasn't already pretty much done with this company, but this is insane. I feel bad for my friend. Just texted him and he still has not gotten ahold of an actual person to cancel his account yet.

My first instinct is to assume the company must have conveniently taken the cancel form down after the massive backlash from Super Showdown this past weekend? Who the fuck knows. But this company has lost its damn mind if they are genuinely trapping their customers into un-cancellable accounts.
    I went on the computer and went to

My account > billing information > "cancel your subscription here" and was given the option there. If it helps here's the direct link to cancel

https://secure.net.wwe.com/enterwork...ription#nojump

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I went on the computer and went to

My account > billing information > "cancel your subscription here" and was given the option there. If it helps here's the direct link to cancel

https://secure.net.wwe.com/enterwork...ription#nojump
    All that link does for me is go to the billing info page. Then the Cancel Subscription link still goes to the blank screen

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Nah man, that link was still taking us to a blank page. Still have no idea what the hell is going on with this.

But he finally just sat on hold for a long ass time until he finally got a human to cancel his account last night. Took a little over 90 minutes on hold before someone connected directly. Fuckin unreal!!!

So glad I canceled my awhile ago and don't have to deal with this BS.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Guys, I think WWE broke Smackdown. I don't have the words to say other than it was consistently the high point of each week and now they're ruined it. It's ruined. I just... man. It's just disappointing.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so, I don't keep up with this stuff, it's not my scene... and I know this was years ago, but I'm curious, was this controversial at the time? Just watched this, and it's absolutely fucking insane.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    @Jinsai - so, Stephanie's storyline husband at the time, Triple H, ran Austin over with a car the year before (cover for his neck surgery that had him out of action for almost a year) and this led to Austin taking revenge against the McMahon family for it. I don't think he had actually given Stephanie the stunner until after this skit, but this aired on network television on UPN and we likely all loved it because Stephanie was a villain and she "deserved it." There's other bad stuff out there along with the fact that Austin was accused by his ex-wife, Debra Michaels, of domestic violence the following year after this.

It's a fucked up rabbit hole.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    So. cool news!

my benefit show will be 100% free we're releasing them match by match!!

I highly encourage you guys to check out these matches, they may not be featuring people you know,...YET...but all of my friends went ABOVE and beyond for these matches!

First up Ophidian vs Lee Moriarty:

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    This would be a MOTY contender (I've been watching GoD matches and they're great) -

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Totally forgot about AEW Chicago tickets going on sale today. UGH.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I was not fortunate enough to get past the wait. Nothing but happy for AEW that this sold out so quickly. Hopefully an opportunity for released tickets will happen close to the show and if not, I'll be enjoying this one on PPV.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I also failed to get a ticket. I’ll try stubhub after the initial craze price hike calms down.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Not surprised. I knew it was gonna be hard after All In did well. Good luck to anyone trying to find one here. Just hope it isn't stupid scalper prices.

Finally something to watch.

We noted earlier in the year that a new episode of WWE 365 was set to premiere featuring Alexa Bliss. The actual air date for the special was never revealed, so most assumed it would follow the same pattern as the prior two episodes focused on Kevin Owens and AJ Styles respectively and air following Survivor Series in November.

In news that should excite fans of either the series or of Alexa Bliss herself, WWE 365: Alexa Bliss is set to premiere on WWE Network next week! More specifically, the documentary style special will air following WWE Stomping Grounds on Sunday, June 23rd. The original special is listed to begin at 11 PM EST but that time isn’t official as it could vary based on the run time of the in-ring event. Additionally, it could very well be made available on demand slightly prior to that 11 PM start time or after the show finishes airing for the first time on the live stream.

The WWE Network schedule doesn’t have much by way of a synopsis for the episode. Presumably a mistake on their end, the preview for the episode simply reads “Alexa Bliss”. However the program tends to mostly focus on a Superstar’s professional life, meaning it may look at her battle with injuries throughout the year or shed a light on which injuries rumored were actually correct. Of course, the series looks at a full year of a Superstar’s life in WWE – both the ups and downs along the way. It is currently listed for a one hour time slot on the schedule, though that is never an exact run time.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    latest full match from my benefit show:

if you take the time to watch any of these, please let me know whatcha think!! <3

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I’ve always wanted to attend a PPV (even a bad one) so hearing that WWE Clash of Champions is coming to Charlotte in September (first PPV in NC since Over the Limit 2012 and first PPV in Charlotte in over 10 years) excited me. I’ll probably go even just to say I did. Hopefully it doesn’t have THAT insulting of a card. Hope the Goddess is there.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I hear the raw yesterday was actually pretty decent for once

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    I hear the raw yesterday was actually pretty decent for once
    Yeah, it was better for the most part. I wasn't a fan of the 5-way elimination match at first because Strowman beat Cesaro and Lashley quickly, but they came back in and helped Ricochet pin Strowman and set up a feud there for some potential 2-on-1 action. Roman had a strong segment with Shane and Drew, the women's tag titles were finally defended for the first time since April, Becky carried Lacey through another segment again, and Rollins had a consistent storyline with chairshots and Baron Corbin.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Its time!!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Note to Corey Graves: SHUT UP! SHUT UP! SHUT UP!

I switched the commentary to Spanish last night. They were the worst they've ever been. Corey just DOESN'T SHUT UP!