Page 402 of 485 FirstFirst ... 302 352 392 400 401 402 403 404 412 452 ... LastLast
Results 12,031 to 12,060 of 14528

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    You should YouTube Jericho's njpw run. Complete 180 from what you're seeing.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    The Female matches: It's not because they are female, I just dont find any of them entertaining at all other than Paige and I know she is gone now. Just never excited me and no NOT LIKE THAT EITHER..

-

The New Moment Of Bliss talk show segment sucked! Just like the Q&As she held, it’s just a catalyst for other storylines and women to talk over her that leaves her being upstaged and ignored. Wish she’d get back in the ring already.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Jericho signed to AEW. Vince can't be too happy about that. Abandon ship!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m really trying to find a way to go to All In 2. It’s in Vegas...at my favorite place I’ve stayed in Vegas.

Just sucks I’ll likely be going alone both price and fun wise.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    In a strange turn of events, I've now lost my job at IWC (the company where i got hurt). The Pennsylvania state athletic commission has just been informed of the severity of my injury and threatened to cancel future IWC shows if they book me (or something like that, I'm not 100% sure) this whole situation makes NO sense to me. I did NOT break any rules by getting hurt..so how can they do that?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe you need to be cleared by them? Not sure how that would apply to them though. Fake sport and all. Maybe they're lying for liability reasons?

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Maybe you need to be cleared by them? Not sure how that would apply to them though. Fake sport and all. Maybe they're lying for liability reasons?
    it's fucking shady. How can I be a liability in one company in PA, but not another? Unless this is going to snowball into being banned in all of PA.. (Which would kind of be cool) but either way, I DON'T see this lasting..I know my peers are pissed, and if word gets out, the fans are going to be pissed.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    If it's just the one company, then yeah it's on them. Because I'm pretty sure wrestling doesn't apply to state commissions. Again, fake sport/entertainment. I'd look into that. I'm calling bullshit though.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    If it's just the one company, then yeah it's on them. Because I'm pretty sure wrestling doesn't apply to state commissions. Again, fake sport/entertainment. I'd look into that. I'm calling bullshit though.
    https://www.dos.pa.gov/OtherServices...stling_act.pdf

Pennsylvania has a Wrestling Act that puts them under the State Athletic Commission. I don't find anything in the act that allows them to order a promoter to not book a wrestler because of an injury. But there's got to be a sports lawyer there who knows the Act and can help if they try to enforce the ban

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    In a strange turn of events, I've now lost my job at IWC (the company where i got hurt). The Pennsylvania state athletic commission has just been informed of the severity of my injury and threatened to cancel future IWC shows if they book me (or something like that, I'm not 100% sure) this whole situation makes NO sense to me. I did NOT break any rules by getting hurt..so how can they do that?
    They're probably pre-emptively thinking you’re accident prone and will cost them money in the future with an inevitable lawsuit. So there probably is no justification for firing, just thinking of their wallets.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-09-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Just spoke with the guy, I'm banned in PA for at least 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    https://www.dos.pa.gov/OtherServices...stling_act.pdf

Pennsylvania has a Wrestling Act that puts them under the State Athletic Commission. I don't find anything in the act that allows them to order a promoter to not book a wrestler because of an injury. But there's got to be a sports lawyer there who knows the Act and can help if they try to enforce the ban
    Yup, I broke no rules..it's a total abuse of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    They're probably pre-emptively thinking you’re accident prone and will cost them money in the future with an inevitable lawsuit. So there probably is no justification for firing, just thinking of their wallets.
    But they have no right to pick and choose who continues to wrestle and who doesn't.. You can't just DECIDE that one wrestler is not allowed to work in your state because they got injured. My trainers/bookers/friends are PISSED and we might be contacting an attorney.
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 01-09-2019 at 08:07 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I am very excited about what AEW could end up becoming if A) Cody and the Bucks manage it well and B) if the Khans understand that this is a long term investment. Competition is needed in pro wrestling right now, and it's time for WWE to get uncomfortable and feel some heat. I haven't looked this up yet, but I wonder if the deals from USA and Fox for Raw and Smackdown got their attention. Jericho is a huge get, and with other contracts at WWE coming up soon, AEW might be able to peel off a few talents that are looking for a new opportunity *COUGH* shinsuke, zack ryder, gallows & anderson, aj styles *COUGH*

I'm also excited that they're going to pay the women's wrestlers the same as the men. I'm glad Brandi Rhodes will get a chance to invent Women's Wrestling the way Stephanie McMahon did.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They won't get AJ. He's probably going to retire in WWE. The other guys on the other hand... Ryder will most likely go. Maybe Gallows and Anderson. I don't think they care as long as they get paid tbh. No doubt a few will jump ship though.

Rumor is they could end up on TNT. That would be insane if true.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    They won't get AJ. He's probably going to retire in WWE. The other guys on the other hand... Ryder will most likely go. Maybe Gallows and Anderson. I don't think they care as long as they get paid tbh. No doubt a few will jump ship though.

Rumor is they could end up on TNT. That would be insane if true.
    Imagine this scenario - AJ Styles is 42 years old. He's on the road over 300 days a year. He's not getting younger and he's performing at a high level. AEW comes in and says "not only will we pay you what you're asking, you'll have less dates on the road and more opportunity to preserve your body so you can keep performing at a high level or retire with your body in a better state."

What would you say? If they can meet his quote, that's a hard deal to pass up. AJ isn't a lifelong WWE guy, so Vince doesn't have that leverage over him. Jericho IS a WWE guy, and he just signed a 3-year deal with AEW. It would be insane if they pull that off.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's floating around that AJ is getting the Orton schedule soon. I don't see a reason for him to leave if he only has a work a few times a month.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It's floating around that AJ is getting the Orton schedule soon. I don't see a reason for him to leave if he only has a work a few times a month.
    Kenny Omega would be an EXCELLENT reason for AJ to leave if Kenny signs with AEW.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm actually rooting for AEW, not because i'm a Cody or Bucks mark, but because the WWE needs real competition for a change

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    So aside from the announced (Cody, Bucks, Page, Jericho, Janela, Ford, Baker, Pac, MJF) who do you think they should grab that isn’t signed somewhere else?

David Starr
    DJZ
    Joey Ryan (EDIT: he’s under contract to Lucha Underground. If they don’t do another season, I imagine he would sign with AEW).
    Kylie Rae
    Mike Bailey (if his visa issues can be fixed)
    Darby Allin
    Chuck Taylor
    Trent
    Veda Scott
    Alison Kay

I’ll add more as I think of them.
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-10-2019 at 06:22 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm sure Scurll will head over when his ROH deal is up for sure. I'd say Flip as well. But he's got another couple years left, I think. Joey Ryan would be pretty cool and I can totally see it too.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I have zero interest for AEW but if this is a legit challenge for WWE I wanna see them do right by their employees that they should’ve been doing for years now. WWE has some of the worlds best talent and rarely uses it to its maximum potential. If they tried they could easily stomp out and make most other promotions irrelevant given the people on their rosters.

we’ll see what happens.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    So aside from the announced (Cody, Bucks, Page, Jericho, Janela, Ford, Baker, Pac, MJF) who do you think they should grab that isn’t signed somewhere else?

David Starr
    DJZ
    Joey Ryan
    Kylie Rae
    Mike Bailey (if his visa issues can be fixed)

I’ll add more as I think of them.
    I know Jordynne Grace is with Impact but I could see her working with AEW as well since she worked All In.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Best case scenario (for me at least), AEW becomes a strong alternative to WWE. Enough where they go into lockdown mode and hopefully use their roster. Push them to actually do better for the fans and by their roster.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I have zero interest for AEW but if this is a legit challenge for WWE I wanna see them do right by their employees that they should’ve been doing for years now. WWE has some of the worlds best talent and rarely uses it to its maximum potential. If they tried they could easily stomp out and make most other promotions irrelevant given the people on their rosters.

we’ll see what happens.
    Really?!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Really?!
    Yeah, I got too much other shit going on than to focus on a new wrestling promotion from scratch (even if I recognize some faces).

As for my comment, I meant it. The pull, iconic brand, legacy/history, money and overall great roster they have (that builds every year) they shouldn't be losing viewers and push out the quality they do that places like ROH can topple it without trying it. No that's not an insult to other promotions or ROH.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-10-2019 at 07:39 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    who do you think they should grab that isn’t signed somewhere else?
    Just saying, I'm not signed anywhere. 0=]

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    You ARE a free agent! Yes!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yeah, I got too much other shit going on than to focus on a new wrestling promotion from scratch (even if I recognize some faces).

As for my comment, I meant it. The pull, iconic brand, legacy/history, money and overall great roster they have (that builds every year) they shouldn't be losing viewers and push out the quality they do that places like ROH can topple it without trying it. No that's not an insult to other promotions or ROH.

The way to get what you want (what all of us want) is to stop watching the weak WWE shows (everything but NXT). Them losing viewers and network subscriptions will force them to create better shows aka tell Vince to fucking retire.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've cut down. Some weeks where I just YouTube what happened. Don't even watch SD often and that's a good show. Some NXT. I'm burned out from wrestling tbh. Especially when the majority of what I watch is dismal.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Highly unlikely, but what about a faction featuring a returning KO and Sami Zayn and they introduce a debuting Kenny Omega? Faction name: the Canadian Destroyers.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I've cut down. Some weeks where I just YouTube what happened. Don't even watch SD often and that's a good show. Some NXT. I'm burned out from wrestling tbh. Especially when the majority of what I watch is dismal.
    Me too, i stopped watching RAW and Smackdown altogether and i just watch the NXT: Takeovers, i even skip some matches from the main WWE PPV's and i even haven't watched TLC complete.
    But i still attend wrestling shows, to me that's so much better than television, last night went to another Impact Wrestling show and had a great time!