Thread: Professional Wrestling

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    In a strange turn of events, I've now lost my job at IWC (the company where i got hurt). The Pennsylvania state athletic commission has just been informed of the severity of my injury and threatened to cancel future IWC shows if they book me (or something like that, I'm not 100% sure) this whole situation makes NO sense to me. I did NOT break any rules by getting hurt..so how can they do that?
    They're probably pre-emptively thinking you’re accident prone and will cost them money in the future with an inevitable lawsuit. So there probably is no justification for firing, just thinking of their wallets.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 01-09-2019 at 05:38 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    If it's just the one company, then yeah it's on them. Because I'm pretty sure wrestling doesn't apply to state commissions. Again, fake sport/entertainment. I'd look into that. I'm calling bullshit though.
    Just spoke with the guy, I'm banned in PA for at least 6 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    https://www.dos.pa.gov/OtherServices...stling_act.pdf

Pennsylvania has a Wrestling Act that puts them under the State Athletic Commission. I don't find anything in the act that allows them to order a promoter to not book a wrestler because of an injury. But there's got to be a sports lawyer there who knows the Act and can help if they try to enforce the ban
    Yup, I broke no rules..it's a total abuse of power.

Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    They're probably pre-emptively thinking you’re accident prone and will cost them money in the future with an inevitable lawsuit. So there probably is no justification for firing, just thinking of their wallets.
    But they have no right to pick and choose who continues to wrestle and who doesn't.. You can't just DECIDE that one wrestler is not allowed to work in your state because they got injured. My trainers/bookers/friends are PISSED and we might be contacting an attorney.
    Last edited by xfocalinx; 01-09-2019 at 08:07 PM.