Page 436 of 485 FirstFirst ... 336 386 426 434 435 436 437 438 446 ... LastLast
Results 13,051 to 13,080 of 14544

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, it might be time for me to phase out weekly WWE. Its gotten so bad. Might do AEW on Wednesday, NXT sometime during the weekend. NWA at some point during the week.

Watching five redundant hours of WWE television just isn't doing it. No point in having it on when I end up wandering and doing something else. It's bad. I played more switch than I watched raw.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Yeah, it might be time for me to phase out weekly WWE. Its gotten so bad. Might do AEW on Wednesday, NXT sometime during the weekend. NWA at some point during the week.

Watching five redundant hours of WWE television just isn't doing it. No point in having it on when I end up wandering and doing something else. It's bad. I played more switch than I watched raw.
    I watch for Alexa Bliss now and nothing more so SmackDown will be what I tune in for. I have RAW on from time to time as background noise but all the stories and characters at the moment aren't doing anything for me.

NXT and AEW are still quality.

I'm attending Dynamite next Wednesday, Can't wait.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I honestly think the women segments are the only compelling thing WWE can do atm.

Side note: I might buy that new Becky shirt. And, that's coming from a guy who doesn't buy wrestling shirts often.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I honestly think the women segments are the only compelling thing WWE can do atm.

Side note: I might buy that new Becky shirt. And, that's coming from a guy who doesn't buy wrestling shirts often.
    The women (Alexa) are what brought me back and are what is keeping me interested mostly. Not much the men are doing is compelling.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I hate to say it but Crown Jewel was fun as hell and more importantly

Spoiler: THE FIEND IS CHAMPION I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY PULLED THE TRIGGER ON THAT

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Really? Its really worth watching? Glad they did the right thing with Bray.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I hate to say it but Crown Jewel was fun as hell and more importantly

Spoiler: THE FIEND IS CHAMPION I CANNOT BELIEVE THEY PULLED THE TRIGGER ON THAT
    But the same card had Bork Lazer and (It's Gotta Be) Cain on it. I hear that "match"was a gigantic piece of shit.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Brock/Cain was barely a match, understandable because Cain's lack of Wrestling experience, i was actually happy it did not last long, Strowman/Fury was worse.

Im glad they gave the Championship to Bray, but man, that "Kane-Light" was annoying as fuck

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Apparently many WWE wrestlers are currently stuck in Saudi Arabia.
    Jim Valley: "To the best of your knowledge, this has nothing to do with weather or mechanical issues?"

Dave Meltzer: "No. Not at all. ... My impression was that they were on the plane waiting to take off, and then they were told to leave the plane. Vince was able to get another plane there to get a few people to Buffalo, I'm presuming. I just know a few people left, but it was only 12 wrestlers of the dozens that were on that show."

Rumors are Vince got in an argument with Saudi Officials. This is fairly scary.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    Apparently many WWE wrestlers are currently stuck in Saudi Arabia.
    Jim Valley: "To the best of your knowledge, this has nothing to do with weather or mechanical issues?"

Dave Meltzer: "No. Not at all. ... My impression was that they were on the plane waiting to take off, and then they were told to leave the plane. Vince was able to get another plane there to get a few people to Buffalo, I'm presuming. I just know a few people left, but it was only 12 wrestlers of the dozens that were on that show."

This fiasco allowed them to somehow make a good episode of SmackDown. Haha!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I saw Daniel Bryan vs. Adam Cole and for the first time in forever said, "Okay I have to turn on Smackdown for a bit."

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Here we go. Less than 24 hrs and I return to pro-wrestling.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Yes yes yes.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Join me live on ippv! Www.iwcwrestling.com

Match 4 just ended. 4 more till me!

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    The following is cut and paste from reddit, which reported what Dave said in the latest Observer

Dave says WWE had not been paid for the previous Saudi show, as of September 30th. WWE then reported hours being Crown Jewel that they got an unspecified 60 million dollar payment.

Dave calls it a really bad situation and doesn't know what WWE is going to do going forward. He had talent tell him they were never going back to Saudi Arabia, and others saying they couldn't wait TO LEAVE THE COMPANY.

Dave continually reiterates the two major points: WWE wasn't paid for the previous Saudi show as of September 30th & they got a mysterious 60 million dollar payment a couple hours before Crown Jewel

Dave confirms that Crown Jewel was supposed to air live in Saudi Arabia but instead it ending up airing there on a 40 minute delay. Basically sounds like Vince pulled the plug until he and the Saudis came to an agreement, which they did mid-show

None of the talent was harmed but there was talent there that felt like they were hostages, even though they were allowed to leave

Dave just keeps saying over and over that it's a really bad, really tense situation. He says the talent needs to unionize, but then points out that Smackdown is a great example of a WWE response if that were to happen: they'd just call up NXT and have a hot show

Bryan tries to suggest Vince left before he knew all the problems talent would face. Dave says we don't know that. He'd like to believe that, but he just knows a lot of people were mad. One person there told Dave they felt like they were pawns in a dick waving contest

Dave says Lesnar and Heyman were not originally scheduled to be on last Friday's Smackdown but they added them because of the rest of the talent being delayed. Says Brock/Heyman jumping to Raw was going to happen next Tuesday as a big kickoff for the new FS1 news show

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Dave Meltzer? Can't say I 100% believe that series of events based purely on who it is.

Also not to mention if any shred of it was true I highly doubt Vince McMahon would even bother with the show or be able to leave as easily as he did. No money, no shows.

They should just let the contract lapse or just make willing legends go, because that's all they want anyways.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    The most I can believe is a growing culture of discomfort in pulling these things off in such a place, perhaps to the point of wanting to leave the company and letting everyone within earshot know it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Dave Meltzer? Can't say I 100% believe that series of events based purely on who it is.

Also not to mention if any shred of it was true I highly doubt Vince McMahon would even bother with the show or be able to leave as easily as he did. No money, no shows.

They should just let the contract lapse or just make willing legends go, because that's all they want anyways.
    All I know is the more I read into twitter posts by superstars and family, the more it looks like they were held hostage so the Saudi government could make a point.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm back.
    My new finisher is called "the wretched"
    My new tshirt design is a slip homage.

www.prowrestlingtees.com/xshawnxphoenix

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    It was a fun night tonight aside from the accident on the interstate, the shitty traffic, the construction AND the fucking detour on the way home thanks to more construction.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

This is beautiful

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post

This is beautiful
    I literally bought the PPV after this promo. He talked me into the building as they say

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I literally bought the PPV after this promo. He talked me into the building as they say
    It was fun to be there too.

-

I looked at the NJPW Network. Anyone here have it? What’s it cost? I might wanna explore during the holidays.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

My return match. It would mean the world to me If you guys watched and let me know whatcha think!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @xfocalinx It was short but sweet and sets up a stretcher match. I love The Wretched!

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    @xfocalinx It was short but sweet and sets up a stretcher match. I love The Wretched!
    Yup. I love this company, but they over book the shows, so each match is given like 6 minutes. Such a shame.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    let me know whatcha think!
    Agreed, The Wretched is freaking awesome. Took a couple solid bumps there. Yes, it was short, but solid. Good to see you back in the ring.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post

My return match. It would mean the world to me If you guys watched and let me know whatcha think!
    You sell really well.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    That Nyla Rose AEW tag team match (Dark Episode 6) is quality.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    That Nyla Rose AEW tag team match (Dark Episode 6) is quality.
    I saw it live and it was basically a handicap match.

Speaking about AEW I bought the All Out and Double Or Nothing posters off AEWShop. They were on sale ($5.00 off each to make them $19.99) but between rip off shipping ($12.99!) and taxes any deal that could've been good was basically gone.

So those are coming. Gonna put them up on the wall with some nice frames.

Anyone watching Full Gear tonight?
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-09-2019 at 01:47 PM.