Page 457 of 485 FirstFirst ... 357 407 447 455 456 457 458 459 467 ... LastLast
Results 13,681 to 13,710 of 14523

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Remember how fucking great the 2001 Rumble match was?
    Oh yes, both 2000 and 2001 were awesome Rumbles, i remember ordering the 2001 Rumble and watching it at my aunt's house (she was the only one that allowed me to order PPV's at her house, lol); i was really excited when Kane eliminated 11 guys...

And that Benoit/Jericho ladder match? classic, they don't make them like that anymore...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Honestly the first three PPVs of 2001 were probably all consecutively the three best PPVs that WWF ever put on. I remember losing my mind at how great the 2 of 3 Falls match between HHH and Stone Cold at No Way Out was.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    So, can someone who is a little more hip to the trends explain to me this Danhausen thing. His ring work is fine but I don't understand the gimmick nor do I find it funny like everyone else seems to. Is that his whole schtick or does he get serious? If he never gets serious I can't imagine this having real staying power. Serious questions guys, help me out because I get downvoted mercilessly when I ask on Reddit about him because heaven forbid someone has a different opinion. Thx.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    So, can someone explain Danhausen.
    He's fully a comic character. There is no seriousness. He won't be winning any titles, nor be dominant in the ring. He can wrestle, but that's not the point. You can drop Danhausen into several different feuds right now and create some funny as hell content. I'm hoping they just give him a mic occasionally and let him be chaos. AEW is paying for his ability to create fun content. It also helps that he's been one of the top merchandise sellers on ProWrestlingTees.com for the last few years. There's a ton of content out there that you can watch, but this breaks down his ridiculous character creation .
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 02-02-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    We might be now because they already quietly fired Shane McMahon after he had a power trip executive producing the men's rumble match. Vince was apparently pissed off enough about it that they cancelled any future programs with Shane for the time being.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...l-rumble-heat/

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Think the royal rumble was bad on TV? I had to sit through these spotlights shined directly into our retinas the entire 5 hour show AND have my entire view of the ring blocked by the sign when it was lowered due it it catching on fire. I was more excited for this show than any ticketed even i have ever had tickets to my entire life. I'm still gutted I couldn't even watch the show while at the show.

A post shared by on

Update, I emailed the live events email and they're gonna comp me 3 tickets to the next WWE even in STL. Not even close to making up for this but at least they're doing their best i suppose.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    He's fully a comic character. There is no seriousness. He won't be winning any titles, nor be dominant in the ring. He can wrestle, but that's not the point. You can drop Danhausen into several different feuds right now and create some funny as hell content. I'm hoping they just give him a mic occasionally and let him be chaos. AEW is paying for his ability to create fun content. It also helps that he's been one of the top merchandise sellers on ProWrestlingTees.com for the last few years. There's a ton of content out there that you can watch, but this breaks down his ridiculous character creation .
    Ok cool thanks. Guess I just need to lighten up a little lol

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    We might be now because they already quietly fired Shane McMahon after he had a power trip executive producing the men's rumble match. Vince was apparently pissed off enough about it that they cancelled any future programs with Shane for the time being.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...l-rumble-heat/
    So, no HHH, no Shane and (apparently) no Stephanie.

Vince will die before giving up the throne...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Thx I'll check that out too

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Guys, I conquered the blizzard and made it to Chicago and my seat absolutely rules. If you see a dude in a black jacket with a grey NIN Anxiety beanie, that’s your boy.

So if I die on the drive back at least I died doing what I love—watching wrestling in my favorite city.

Obviously, I’m super ready for Punk vs MJF but I’m also really excited to see Kings Of The Black Throne vs Death Triangle. Gonna be rad to see KOTBT entrance live.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-02-2022 at 05:12 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That false finish during MJF and Punk must have been a blast in person. The crowd reaction on TV was absolutely priceless.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    That was a wild night. I think the crowd was not pleased overall. They were very angry when KOTBT beat Death Triangle and were just deflated when MJF beat Punk. A lot of them left and didn’t stay for Rampage. Everyone united and unanimously loved Danielson and Mox and despised Brandi and MAGA Boomer turd. I honestly don’t know who/why/how that segment was allowed to happen. It was hot garbage. I think we were also united in our disdain for Ruby losing yet another match too.

The KOTBT entrance slays live and I was happy they won. I got some looks and minor heat for that and for hating Lance Archer, whom I believe is just a big dumb guy. I did hear some of the crowd ripping him for not even being able to utter a single coherent sentence; but in my immediate area people were pissed I was ripping him and saying Page deserves a better challenger. I thought Punk and MJF could’ve gone either way so I definitely wasn’t surprised or upset when MJF went over. I marked the fuck out for the Pepsi Twist and the Pepsi Plunge! Plus, when they fought into the crowd, it was very close to me. That was cool too, though I couldn’t see all of what was going on.

I had fun. It was a good time overall. No Rampage spoilers really but there’s an excellent Adam Cole promo (not the one that aired on Dynamite) and Lethal vs Starks was rad.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-03-2022 at 07:32 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I read this earlier about TK's big announcement (https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/20...an-speculation) then heard Solomonster predict three of the same names as they did here. My hope is that Ali is the big debut, but fear it will be Jeff Hardy.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I think it will be either Keith Lee or Jeff Hardy, most likely Jeff for another Hardy Boys reunion (meh)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I think it will be either Keith Lee or Jeff Hardy, most likely Jeff for another Hardy Boys reunion (meh)
    Jeff and Ali are both under contract with the WWE. Jeff got future endeavored but he would likely face a massive lawsuit by the wwe if he showed that early.

The safe answer imo is Keith Lee but the chaos of Shane showing up would be delicious.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Jeff and Ali are both under contract with the WWE. Jeff got future endeavored but he would likely face a massive lawsuit by the wwe if he showed that early.

The safe answer imo is Keith Lee but the chaos of Shane showing up would be delicious.
    Jeff Hardy has the Clean Drug test over WWE, maybe he found an agreement to get rid of the non-compete clause, Keith Lee does sound really strong... Shane? that's a stretch, i think he's angry with his dad, but not THAT angry...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I'd put my money on Keith Lee or Windham Rotunda. Shane McMahon isn't happening. It's funny to think about, but I have zero interest in seeing Shane McMahon ever again. It was fun 20 years ago when he was the son of the boss being thrown off high objects every few weeks.
    I think we'll see Jeff Hardy soon, but I doubt he'd risk a lawsuit when he could wait a few weeks and not have to worry. No one is mentioning Windham right now.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I hope it’s Keith Lee. I hope it isn’t Geoff Hardly, though I’m certain he will show up as soon as possible.

Which reminds me of how rad this was

All the looks on those dopey kids faces and the Geoff fans in general—priceless
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-08-2022 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Someone posted a video of Killer Kross at a con of some sort and it seemed like Scarlett hinted at him debuting in AC and he almost lost it.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    So yes, Keith Lee is All Elite, happy for him!

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Now THAT was a damn fine two hours of pro wrestling! Keith Lee is a national treasure, and adding Switchblade and more explicit bullet club talk makes me wonder if a certain Prince may be considering wrapping his career in AEW...

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Breaking: Cody and Brandi Rhodes leaving AEW. https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/20...g-aew#comments

Let the rampant speculation begin!

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I’m not surprised. I was just saying on Twitter how they haven’t been fitting into AEW well for over a year. Their segments, promos and feuds weren’t landing. At all. I don’t think AEW will miss a beat without them. Don’t get me wrong, I harbor no bad feelings for them. I met them (and Pharaoh) in 2019 and they were very kind.

Speaking of 2019, I miss THAT Cody. That guy was a killer.

They’re probably going to take Senile Vince money and get treated like dirt sooner than later. It’s a bummer.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Breaking: Cody and Brandi Rhodes leaving AEW. https://www.cagesideseats.com/aew/20...g-aew#comments

Let the rampant speculation begin!
    Pretty sure it's a work

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    Pretty sure it's a work
    Not so sure; what makes you think so?

What I'd love would be for Cody to swerve everyone and reboot ROH alongside...HHH. Then ROH could become THE "forbidden door" and serve as the site for WWE/AEW dream matches and feuds...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    ROH won't be doing any contracts, it seems. They should just let that pass in its sleep.

Vince's office:

But we all know why Cody really left: He saw Hook and got outta Dodge.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Not so sure; what makes you think so?

What I'd love would be for Cody to swerve everyone and reboot ROH alongside...HHH. Then ROH could become THE "forbidden door" and serve as the site for WWE/AEW dream matches and feuds...
    Cody practically funded AEW, both him and Bradi, pretty much do all they want in the company and are major shareholders, why give that up?

The guy is getting lots of controversy with his "Heel/Face turn" and the fact that his promos are great but people don't believe him, to me this "leaving of the company", sounds more of a storyline either to make him turn heel or make fans "miss him", so he becomes the face he wants to be (also giving AEW publicity in the process).
    Of course anything can happen, but i find it hard to believe...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I am 100000% convinced that this is a work.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It very well could be a work. That’s entirely possible.