Page 424 of 427 FirstFirst ... 324 374 414 422 423 424 425 426 ... LastLast
Results 12,691 to 12,720 of 12805

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I’m on my way to Vegas for Starrcast and Double Or Nothing.

Will let you dudes know how it goes.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I don't see him returning to wwe for awhile. Probably gonna show up this weekend.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    I wonder if Double or Nothing pre-show will be on WGN America like it was for All In?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Iím on my way to Vegas for Starrcast and Double Or Nothing.

Will let you dudes know how it goes.
    Have fun! If you get a chance to talk to Kylie Rae, tell her I said hello!

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I wonder if Double or Nothing pre-show will be on WGN America like it was for All In?
    It'll be on YouTube I think.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    I saw it last night and i gotta say it's a good watch and a good companion for tonight's PPV:

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Jon Moxley is All Elite.

That was a damn good show. Some hiccups, but damn good start and they can only get better from here. AEW is ready to play.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Jon Moxley is All Elite.

That was a damn good show. Some hiccups, but damn good start and they can only get better from here. AEW is ready to play.

I don't like the guy really but hopefully he has fun.

Hopefully this wakes up the idiots at WWE to start making a better product overall. The amount of talent they have should squash this budding company's competition standpoint.

I'll try it for an alternative but frankly I don't have time to get that invested. I never bothered with NJPW either.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Good show. Some hiccups for sure. Production can use some work for sure. But the potential is there and they made a hell of a statement.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    It was a decent show with some good surprises, i'm not a fan yet, but i'm already more interested in this than the WWE (not hard, after watching the shitshow that was Money in the Bank).

I gotta say: i really like Kenny Omega, he's a cool guy and i respect Cody, but i can't stand the Bucks (before this i saw them long ago in TNA, and i found them annoying, just like tonight)

I'm happy for Ambrose, he sure could be a game changer.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    When Moxley was walking to the ring, I haven't seen a wrestling crowd pop like that in about 20 years.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    When Moxley was walking to the ring, I haven't seen a wrestling crowd pop like that in about 20 years.
    He blew the roof off. Looked like he was happy to be there too. Think he's going to have some fun there.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    It felt special in person. I’ve never seen a more happy crowd in my 34 years as a wrestling fan. It was a warmer feeling than All In, which is an achievement.

I loved it. From top to bottom, each match gave me something awesome or fun.

I’ll probably write up a more detailed version when I have some time.

I hope there’s a DVD or blu ray in the near future.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Only match I didn't really get into was the women's tag match. That was a cluster. Missed the SCU match. Caught the tail end of the four way women's match but it was decent from what I saw.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)

I think its safe to say that WWE was holding him back

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post

I think its safe to say that WWE was holding him back
    Ummmm you think? Lol

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Going to RAW tonight. Wondering how many Moxley chants will pop up. I'm also expecting John Cena to come out and jerk off onto the flag since it's memorial day.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Going to RAW tonight. Wondering how many Moxley chants will pop up. I'm also expecting John Cena to come out and jerk off onto the flag since it's memorial day.
    You've already lost since Alexa Bliss probably won't be there.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    So the latest episode of BTE is a fun watch, and the final 60 second interaction between Mox and Janella was perfect.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I tend to just sit back and enjoy wrestling no matter what but that first hour of Raw was the worst hour of wrestling on network TV since WCW...

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    50 minutes before the first bell ring. Way to start the first Raw after AEW’s rave-reviewed first PPV. Horrible. I feel awful for the talent that could’ve been showcased in that first hour.

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    50 minutes before the first bell ring. Way to start the first Raw after AEW’s rave-reviewed first PPV. Horrible. I feel awful for the talent that could’ve been showcased in that first hour.
    I'm far from an AEW shill but the fact they have had this Grade F RAW air after this weekend was one of the worst things they could've done. Absolutely moronic.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    FUCKING HELL THAT WAS AWFUL.

That was legit the worst wrestling event I have ever been to. I dont know if the TVs picked up on it, but they managed to suck the entire life out of the crowd before the first half hour was even over. It was DEEEAD all night long. We got excited after that Cesaro match thinking it would pick back up, but nope. And that fucking electric chair shit?! Every single person in the arena was so utterly confused at what the fuck was happening. And I literally watched the WWE crew go out and select random people in the crowd to ask those questions like seconds before they got air time. Those insanely shitty "questions" were not given to the people in the audience by producers. Thats why that last guy stumbled so hard trying to get a question out. They legit just gave the mic to random fans and let them ask the first stupid thought that came into their heads. Unreal.

Just kinda stunned that they had us all sit there for almost 4 hours for everyone to watch 40 minutes of Ziggler and Kofi and an endless amount of useless promos.

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    I just saw the segment of Lesnar dancing Reggaeton just so they could sell that reatarded T-shirt...

...i switched off RAW right away.

Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Aside from Ricochet and Cesaro, this was an awful Raw. Like I said above, 50 minutes into the show before the first bell ring and it was for a Shane McMahon match against MLW's Lance Anoa'i. I mean, I'm glad an indie wrestler was featured, but it was done in such a bad way to help bolster up Vince's son. They are devaluing the Women's tag titles by putting the IIconics in matches against Becky, who is clearly going to win them. Glad that Nikki gets a little rub from it, but Nikki could also be teaming with Naomi or someone else to form a new tag team.

This was rough. Really rough. Like I said, I feel the worst for the talent that was unused tonight and the talent that was misused which, aside from Cesaro and Ricochet, was everyone. Two Brock segments, three Seth segments, and a way-too-long segment for Kofi and Dolph in the first hour just really sucked any momentum WWE could've start building post-DON. Hopefully Smackdown hits the reset button on a lot of this and WWE tells the USA Network to go fuck themselves.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Aside from Ricochet and Cesaro, this was an awful Raw. Like I said above, 50 minutes into the show before the first bell ring and it was for a Shane McMahon match against MLW's Lance Anoa'i. I mean, I'm glad an indie wrestler was featured, but it was done in such a bad way to help bolster up Vince's son. They are devaluing the Women's tag titles by putting the IIconics in matches against Becky, who is clearly going to win them. Glad that Nikki gets a little rub from it, but Nikki could also be teaming with Naomi or someone else to form a new tag team.

This was rough. Really rough. Like I said, I feel the worst for the talent that was unused tonight and the talent that was misused which, aside from Cesaro and Ricochet, was everyone. Two Brock segments, three Seth segments, and a way-too-long segment for Kofi and Dolph in the first hour just really sucked any momentum WWE could've start building post-DON. Hopefully Smackdown hits the reset button on a lot of this and WWE tells the USA Network to go fuck themselves.
    Every single time they'd go to commercial and it was obvious that the Kofi/Ziggler shit was continuing, practically the entire crowd would let out a collective groan. It's so funny that they have the belt on Kofi and are trying to push him as the "best champion ever" yet this motherfucker spent 40 minutes on the ground acting like he was dying from a chair shot.

I don't know, I'm sure it was one thing to watch it on TV, but it was utterly astounding and entirely confusing watching all of that happen live with absolutely no context for any of it.

Also, when Brock first came out with the boombox, they completely cut his audio so that it could play out of the boombox, and you couldn't hear it AT ALL. It was just dead silence in the arena while Brock "danced" around for way 10 minutes.

Mentioned
    57 Post(s)
    Man, as good as Dark Side of the Ring started, it ended as badly. The first 3 episodes were great, and even the Von Erich one was decent, albeit quite rushed.

Then episode 5 came, and it was like some trash documentary about Big Foot or spooky ghosts. That final conclusion was just pathetic. I'm not saying he couldn't have been died of natural causes, but to prove otherwise by an ex-mafioso who said don't worry, he wasn't killed??? Oh, good, then case closed I guess!!

And then the last one... I am glad that they approached the Moolah episode as they did, by trying to argue for both sides. As for someone who doesn't know much about her, it would've been a drag to listen to 40 minutes of "people said she sold others as prostitutes, so she is literally hitler, have a good night"; things are never this one-sided. Moolah's friends and co. said she was great, Moolah's enemies and co. said she was bad, with very really substance. It means very little in a business where jealousy is rampant, and where people at the very top are always subjects to debate. But the icing on the cake was Wendy Richter saying she didn't know that her masked opponent was Moolah. I mean... can we take ourselves a bit more seriously?

Anyway, I did like the inclusion of her daughter, mainly because it is easy to forget that even villains (or perceived villains, besides the point now) have families, who can be hurt.

Still, episode 5 was by far the worst, and I hope they don't delve into bullshitmentary (ep 5), nor keyfabing (ep 6), because it is just lame.

Mentioned
    261 Post(s)

Yikes, I was a little bummed because I was missing Raw last night because I was at the Blues watch party thing downtown at the enterprise center in STL but I'm not so upset after reading that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    1) Mariachi Brock > B-Boy Brock

2) Dustin and Cody was amazing. ***** for the entire thing.

And as for RAW, I'm content following around on the wrestling blog at work. Us cutting it down is more entertaining.
    Last edited by poinoup; 05-28-2019 at 11:44 AM.