Page 314 of 483 FirstFirst ... 214 264 304 312 313 314 315 316 324 364 414 ... LastLast
Results 9,391 to 9,420 of 14482

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Haven't seen the match yet (it's a long show). I hear Omega/Okada is an amazing match though. Look forward to seeing it. Kinda a bummer for him to lose. But he's the FIRST guy outside of Japan to win G1. That fact isn't going away and it's still a big deal. Can't win them all. What matters now is what's next?

I'm kinda bored of Okada already. Good in the right but kinda vanilla. You know you're going to get a good match from him. I'm ready for them to give another guy a run. I say, by dominion, he'll drop it.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Cody had a pretty solid debut as well. Commentary, mainly Corino, did a stellar jon putting him over. Pretty solid match as well. Ironic, that it was between two guys that wwe wasted and chased away within the last year. Juice has really come into his own, imo. Not there yet. But he's a lot closer than he was in nxt.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    And here's another video from BOTCHAMANIA as it's all about the botched-endings:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just finished. Great match. Not sure if it's because I spoiled the finish for myself or not, but, it didn't live up to the hype. Great match. Kinda prefer Omega/Goto. They made both guys look like a million bucks. Had to take several finishers to finish Omega. I don't feel too bad about him losing. Both guys deserved it.

Now, I'll probably wait until Saturday to watch their new years show. After that, I need a break, haha.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Chris Hero is indeed returning to NXT. Glad I got to see him last week in AAW.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Weird that he's continuing with the Ohno name.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Looks like Omega may have lost for a reason. He's either leaving or taking time off. Already hearing wwe rumors...

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I hope he makes it to the main roster this time...

Can't wait for a Hero/AJ Styles match

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Looks like Omega may have lost for a reason. He's either leaving or taking time off. Already hearing wwe rumors...
    How awesome would it be to have Omega show up in WWE, then he and AJ grab another member (heel Ziggler, maybe?) and form a Smackdown! Live stable. On Raw, a returning Balor teams up with Gallows and Anderson could be their red-brand stable. They'd need a new moniker, because Bullet Club - though hugely successful and still under trademark/copyright to NJPW - has lost some of it's luster and seems to be this era's bloated, over-saturated NWO.

Thoughts?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'd just call it the club. Some don't like it for some reason. It gets the point across. Anderson and Gallows need something, badly. Who knows when Balor comes back. I don't see him going heel for a very long time though, if ever.

Omega, if he's even entertaining the idea of going wwe, needs to cement his position quickly. He knows what he wants to do with his career and he's pretty smart about it. I wonder if Vince would see him as a star and treat him as one. I think he'd be wasted in wwe, tbh. But, if Omega can get what he wants and not be misused, it could be great. Issue is a stubborn, out of touch 70 year old who probably won't see what everyone else does and won't push him.

But, it's a safe bet that his stock has risen dramatically within the last week.

In the end, if he goes and they waste him, I'm sure he'll be paid handsomely for it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    You're totally right, Omega's stock is high and he's in the driver's seat. How dope would an Omega-fronted "Club" with Gallows & Anderson be? They could then welcome a cautious Balor back. The Club goes on a mega-run as tweener/heels, and Balor's caution drops. Then, once Balor reclaims the Universal strap, you could turn the Club/Omega heel by having them turn on Balor (a'la Bullet Club turning on Styles in NJPW).

As for Vince being out of touch, he does seem to have some sense to give AJ Styles a chance as the face of SD!L. Things on the blue brand are shaping up nicely. Maybe then Omega comes to SD!L and that's an easy way to turn Styles face down the road. Many interesting options.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Kinda hard not to push AJ. Guy came in massive over, sells a shit ton of merch. He's a draw. It would've been incredibly stupid not to capitalize (even though Vince has a tendency to do that).

I could definitely go for a Balor/Omega program. Omega leading the club would be cool as well. Possibly even an Omega/AJ match down the road.

Omega has the leverage. If WWE really wants him, it's going to cost them. He's already flat out said he won't do nxt.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It's all really speculation. He could just be taking a break. Or at the very least see what his options are. Only he really knows what's really going on.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Unpopular opinion: Okada vs Omega was not as good as everyone made it out to be. Don't get me wrong, it was good.. But I'd say 3.75 stars. The shine lasted way too long for my liking. But I guess that's just simply because i'm used to American wrestling.

other news: First match of 2017 is tonight. should be fun.
    other other news: 85% of my matches are now available to watch on my youtube channel "Yautja" enjoy..or don't.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I think Omega really is just taking a break for now, not putting up a smokescreen about his intentions or whatever. NJPW seems like it can put guys like Omega on ice for a little bit and then pick up where they left off with no problem, so I wouldn't be surprised if he's just taking a couple months to relax, maybe do some U.S. indies, while he figures out his next move.

I don't think it'll be WWE unless it's a real, genuine fuckton of money like Styles got. And Styles got that after 14 years building himself up as a big name outside of WWE, in TNA, in ROH, on the smaller indie circuit, and then, of course, in NJPW as the top dog. I don't think Omega's at that level yet - he still hasn't grabbed the heavyweight belt, and it seems like NJPW is content to have Okada at the top for a long time. And, of course, we've all seen how WWE is handling Nakamura and Joe (stuck in NXT, bizarrely), and how badly they botched Anderson and Gallows. Omega has seen those things too, and I think he's still in the prime of his career, where he cares far more about his reputation than the money. Even Styles came close to being horribly misused in the first couple months until WWE saw the light and pushed him all the way up to the main event.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I don't think Omega nor the Young Bucks will go to WWE. Why go to a company that is likely to bury you because you're not one of their guys and know that you already make enough money to the point where you don't need them?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Why go to a company that is likely to bury you because you're not one of their guys
    Yeah they sure buried these chumps:

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They've been better when it comes to bringing in indie guys. That's where the current over ones came from (rollins, aj, zayn, Owens, etc.).

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Somewhat interested in tonight's Raw, but feel like it's oversold (HBK & Taker) and will under-deliver.

Predictions on HBK's role:
    Moonshot - HBK comes back to announce he's entering the Rumble. Some sort of beef between HBK & HHH comes up resulting in HBK becoming Rollin's mentor/manager for a huge match against HHH with a retirement stipulation for Haich.
    Realistic - HBK plugs garbage WWE-flick that he's in, sweet chin musics someone and rolls.

Predictions on Taker's role:
    Moonshot - If they hoped to have any storyline continuity AT ALL he begins to pick up where he left off with the Survivor Series warning of "diggin' holes and takin' souls!". He runs roughshod through the Raw roster to get payback for SDL's Survivor Series losses. A feud with Brong Strongman ensues...
    Realistic - There's tension with Jeri-KO in the main event and Roman Reigns is there because, reasons. GONG. Lights go out. Deadman comes out, chokeslams Jeri-KO, then leaves. Cause he's Taker. Roman stands tall.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Taker will be the rumble. That will probably be one of the few takeaway moments. Everything else is forgettable.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I read that HBK hung out w/ Enzo & Cass and gave Rusev sweet-chin music.... what a waste of a HBK appearance. RAW is Snore........

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    He was only really there to plug his movie. It was whatever.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    He was only really there to plug his movie. It was whatever.
    A movie we're not bloody likely to see.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    A movie we're not bloody likely to see.
    Nope. No one will even remember it six months from now.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Isn't that the case w/ most WWE films?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Predictions on HBK's role:
    Moonshot - HBK comes back to announce he's entering the Rumble. Some sort of beef between HBK & HHH comes up resulting in HBK becoming Rollin's mentor/manager for a huge match against HHH with a retirement stipulation for Haich.
    Realistic - HBK plugs garbage WWE-flick that he's in, sweet chin musics someone and rolls.

Predictions on Taker's role:
    Moonshot - If they hoped to have any storyline continuity AT ALL he begins to pick up where he left off with the Survivor Series warning of "diggin' holes and takin' souls!". He runs roughshod through the Raw roster to get payback for SDL's Survivor Series losses. A feud with Brong Strongman ensues...
    Realistic - There's tension with Jeri-KO in the main event and Roman Reigns is there because, reasons. GONG. Lights go out. Deadman comes out, chokeslams Jeri-KO, then leaves. Cause he's Taker. Roman stands tall.
    Not too far off.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Sooooo fucking Reigns is probably going to beat Owens at Royal Rumble now. Vince just refuses to learn. He's not the guy. He's Samoan Cena.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Sooooo fucking Reigns is probably going to beat Owens at Royal Rumble now. Vince just refuses to learn. He's not the guy. He's Samoan Cena.
    That's certainly how it seems. If they do pull the trigger on crowning Reigns, PLEASE turn him heel and have Balor return to win the Rumble.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    That's certainly how it seems. If they do pull the trigger on crowning Reigns, PLEASE turn him heel and have Balor return to win the Rumble.
    Yeah, it's looking likely. I'm thinking Taker wins rumble. Get this feeling that Cena's winning too. That way we get Taker/Cena. Balor could come back later, then challenge Reigns for mania.

Gotta wonder if they even know what they want to do for mania. Seems like they have no idea.

Cool that Jericho is US champion though. He's got to be losing sooner than later though.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I didn't watch RAW, but after reading what happened i don't want to...