Page 418 of 485 FirstFirst ... 318 368 408 416 417 418 419 420 428 468 ... LastLast
Results 12,511 to 12,540 of 14523

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    The question is....is the math right?
    According to this other video, yes, lol

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Aleister Black, Andrade and Zelina Vega have been quietly moved over to Smackdown according to the WWE roster page, thus breaking up the Black/Ricochet tag team. This also keeps real-life couples Aleister and Zelina together while also reuniting Andrade and Charlotte. I wonder if this will explain Samoa Joe's move to Raw since he had the flu last week.

I think this is good - Andrade and Finn had a great match last week and I wonder if this means they'll have a feud on SD. Breaking up Black and Ricochet makes sense since they're primarily singles wrestlers. You could also see Ricochet going up against Joe once that feud with Braun finishes up.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Scott Steiner is a blowhard. Also by his muscles we can 100% guarantee that there was no steroid usage there. Not at all. Nope.
    Agreed.

His match with Triple H at the Royal Rumble 2003 was a sweaty trainwreck, and his WWE run was largely terrible. The minute he became a singles guy and quit tagging with his brother he became awful (and Rick wasn't much better off either).

That said, The Steiner Brothers were an amazing tag team whose stuff stands up today.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Erik & Ivar: The Viking Raiders.

That’s a little better.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    Erik & Ivar: The Viking Raiders.

That’s a little better.
    Remove Viking and replace it with War and we're good to go.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Steiner post Steiner Brothers was god awful in the ring, that made it that much more fun lol!

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Cesaro is now on Raw. No word on if Sheamus is going with him. Man.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    God damn it. Would they please stop changing people's names for zero reason.

Oh Bray, my boy. What have they done to you?
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 04-22-2019 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    According to this other video, yes, lol

Is it sad that I know what he was trying to say with this math shit?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Is it sad I want that shirt?

Cautiously optimistic about the new Bray Wyatt gimmick.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    From Apocalyptic Southern Blues to Blues Clues. I'm worried and I hope I'm wrong. This could be Broken Bray Wyatt if done right. If done wrong it's going to be horrible. WWE so rarely does this kind of stuff right.
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 04-23-2019 at 12:19 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    God damn it. Would they please stop changing people's names for zero reason.

Oh Bray, my boy. What have they done to you?
    It’ll probably fail but appreciate the gimmick change. His other gimmick was as stale as month old bread.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    His other gimmick was as stale as month old bread.
    I agree. I just hope they take this gimmick and go super dark instead of goofy, which the whole chainsaw thing makes me hope. Like three weeks into it reveal that the kids show only exists in his mind and he's actually in some abandoned house in the middle of nowhere playing with dead animals on strings.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Cautiously optimistic about the new Bray Wyatt gimmick.
    Many wrestlers have dropped the gimmick that made them famous, i remember "Christian Dustin Runnels" gimmick (when he dropped the Goldust character in mid-90's)
    and even Taker with the "American Badass".

It's always a risk, but i'm not going to put down this before it begins, god knows the guy needed a change...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I like the new Bray Wyatt character. Hopefully it’s evil Pee Wee Herman meets Mr Rogers meets UHF.

I love Kevin Owens so much, you guys.

Why is Sharlette getting another title shot?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Big shocker, not.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ntract-dispute

Can’t say I care.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Basically a total raving nutcase trying really hard to be "good, kid friendly guy". I'm into it.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Big shocker, not.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...ntract-dispute

Can’t say I care.
    We know you don't like Sasha because she has heat with your favorite. That's fine. There are some important implications regarding her dispute.

Sasha has been misused a lot since being called up to the main roster. Aside from a few firsts around headline HIAC with Charlotte, being the first women's tag team champ, and having a great match against Rousey, the rest has been largely a miss with the news around their title drop at WM35 being the final straw. She puts butts in seats hence her Cricket wireless commercials and other media exposures. If she goes to AEW or any other promotion, she becomes the biggest women's wrestler on their roster and in some cases, the biggest wrestler period on them and WWE knows that, hence their thinly veiled attempt to tarnish her reputation with the story they leaked out about her and Bayley acting immature and throwing temper tantrums on the day of WM35.

At the end of the day, this is what WWE did to PAC and Rey Mysterio: allow them to sit out but also float the possibility of adding time onto their contract because of it. It's not as bad as the Lucha Underground situation, but it's not much better either. WWE needs to make the effort to make this right. If not, they should let her go so she can make money elsewhere. A lot of the roster still likes Sasha quite a bit so if the company fucks with her, that'll affect their morale as well.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    We know you don't like Sasha because she has heat with your favorite. That's fine. There are some important implications regarding her dispute.

Sasha has been misused a lot since being called up to the main roster. Aside from a few firsts around headline HIAC with Charlotte, being the first women's tag team champ, and having a great match against Rousey, the rest has been largely a miss with the news around their title drop at WM35 being the final straw. She puts butts in seats hence her Cricket wireless commercials and other media exposures. If she goes to AEW or any other promotion, she becomes the biggest women's wrestler on their roster and in some cases, the biggest wrestler period on them and WWE knows that, hence their thinly veiled attempt to tarnish her reputation with the story they leaked out about her and Bayley acting immature and throwing temper tantrums on the day of WM35.

At the end of the day, this is what WWE did to PAC and Rey Mysterio: allow them to sit out but also float the possibility of adding time onto their contract because of it. It's not as bad as the Lucha Underground situation, but it's not much better either. WWE needs to make the effort to make this right. If not, they should let her go so she can make money elsewhere. A lot of the roster still likes Sasha quite a bit so if the company fucks with her, that'll affect their morale as well.
    I may not personally care for her but I won’t deny her popularity and skills. She’s one of the driving forces that made the women’s division what it is today. The behavior just comes off as sour grapes because she’s jealous of how WWE puts and treats people like Charlotte to the forefront. Banks sounds like she wants that and since she doesn’t have it then she’s taking her ball and going home. The tag titles was the straw that broke the camels back. I’m not saying her tenure on the roster from late 2016 to now was good but lots of breakout stars and NXT jet setters don’t find the same success on the main roster and fizzle. Lots of people are misused and destroyed and are less vocal about it than how she is acting. I’m for rights and such but you know what you’re getting yourself into dealing with McMahon and how shit changes on a dime with your stance on cards and relevancy.

I dont blame her mindset for the treatment but I cant say I care much about it when it happens to more than just her.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I think this Sasha thing is a work, there's no way the WWE will let Sasha go, god know they want the press for that "WWE horsewomen" vs "UFC Horsewomen" match they are planning

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I may not personally care for her but I won’t deny her popularity and skills. She’s one of the driving forces that made the women’s division what it is today. The behavior just comes off as sour grapes because she’s jealous of how WWE puts and treats people like Charlotte to the forefront. Banks sounds like she wants that and since she doesn’t have it then she’s taking her ball and going home. The tag titles was the straw that broke the camels back. I’m not saying her tenure on the roster from late 2016 to now was good but lots of breakout stars and NXT jet setters don’t find the same success on the main roster and fizzle. Lots of people are misused and destroyed and are less vocal about it than how she is acting. I’m for rights and such but you know what you’re getting yourself into dealing with McMahon and how shit changes on a dime with your stance on cards and relevancy.

I dont blame her mindset for the treatment but I cant say I care much about it when it happens to more than just her.
    I cited PAC in my previous post because this is basically what happened with him before he quit as well. The Revival did the same thing when they asked for their release, though it looks like they've gotten what they were wanting: tag titles and now beginning a feud with the Usos.

Did we say the same thing when Steve Austin went home after being told he'd be losing to rookie sensation Brock Lesnar on a throwaway KOTR qualifier match on Raw that hadn't been announced or built up to? Nope, and VKM, JR and The Rock made it a point to run Austin into the ground the following week.

I know, be careful with who you do business with, but saying that you should surrender all expectations when working for WWE because of Vince makes no sense when they're the only large wrestling company in the game. Someone like Sasha, who has the popularity and the respect making this move could end up helping how the talent is treated going forward. And even though it's unlikely to change anything, you still have to try. Resigning yourself to the likely outcome is no way to live and work.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They can only freeze a contract for so long. Can totally see them be petty and have her sit at home until they have no choice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Loads of things fall into this Sasha story. Yes, Sasha deserves better and I agree, most of the women on the roster deserve much better. Look what NXT had with Sasha, Bailey, Charlotte, and Becky. It has to be incredibly difficult to be put front and center in great feud after great feud, then not to have any focus at all really for months on end. But it's become a common theme for WWE. Develop great talent in NXT, then misuse and abandon them on Raw and Smackdown. Must be infuriating. I guess you could ask Ty Dillinger, Luke Harper, Hideo Itami, Pac, or Tenille Dashwood. The contract situation is what drives me crazy. I have no idea how it's legal for WWE to call their employees "Independent Contractors", then refuse their ability to work elsewhere.

All of this really comes down to one thing. I really hope AEW massively succeeds.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)

She isn’t wrong, though. Charlotte isn’t as good as Bayley or Sasha, botches regularly, and she’s getting her 6,000,000th title shot. Both Bayley and Sasha are certainly better than Lacey Coulter-Lahren. This is going to hurt, though it isn’t my intent but Sasha is better than Alexa too, and you know I love Alexa.
    Sadly, Vince loves big dumb guys and busty blondes. Sasha’s mindset is correct.
    Last edited by Swykk; 04-25-2019 at 06:05 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    And tying this back into Sasha, it looks like WWE is going to add 6 months to Harper's contract due to his surgery and prevent his release until 2020. He'll likely be forced to sit at home and not be able to earn until then.

https://www.wrestlinginc.com/news/20...y-2020-653462/

Such bullshit.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    It's not fancy to sidewith multi-billionaire corporations, but I can't fault them for being an ass amidst some of their workers trying to search for pity on social media. Not sure what anyone expects by being unprofessional to their employer.

On a brighter side, I've watched the three episodes of Dark Side of the Ring, and it is pretty great! I think even non-wrestling fans could enjoy it. But holy shit, Vince Russo is such a rat. I sincerely hope he is being an absolute ass to get even with Cornette, and don't actually believe that he put the idea of double-crossing in Mcmahon's ear.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    It's not fancy to sidewith multi-billionaire corporations, but I can't fault them for being an ass amidst some of their workers trying to search for pity on social media. Not sure what anyone expects by being unprofessional to their employer.
    They are independent contractors, not WWE employees. This is the main point of the issue, and in Sasha's case, she hasn't been directly critical of WWE on any of her social media with this so this is an inaccurate statement.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Hate to say, but the Iiconics are amazing here:

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Hate to say, but the Iiconics are amazing here:
    The IIconics are always amazing.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    The IIconics are funny as hell, they aren't great in the ring but they are awesome as personalities, i got nothing aganist them