Page 459 of 485 FirstFirst ... 359 409 449 457 458 459 460 461 469 ... LastLast
Results 13,741 to 13,770 of 14523

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    CM Punk paying ultimate homage to Eddie tonight with that disgusting wound on his forehead that was literally spurting blood out at the camera. That was wild. The dog collar match is going to be a blood bath. You know those stitches are coming right back out on Sunday.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Just had a very strange thought... since Cody doesn't have a home currently (I don't think WWE paperwork has been signed yet... but I don't pay close attention either), does he go to the new acquisition RoH and make that the way "he wanted" without having to deal with other AEW politics.

AEW has a lot of talent to mix into a separate entity with RoH... of course, I suspect we are tired of brand vs. brand.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    First AEW ppv I bought and watched live. Very good show, no complaints. Ladder Match was my favorite of the night followed by the main event.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    So William Regal is All Elite, actually i think he would be great as an authority figure for the new ROH.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Punk coming out to AFI was everything and I called it like 2 mins before it happened on Twitter. That match absolutely ruled. I’ll need to rewatch it all again to be sure but I think that was MOTN.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLobster View Post
    Just had a very strange thought... since Cody doesn't have a home currently (I don't think WWE paperwork has been signed yet... but I don't pay close attention either), does he go to the new acquisition RoH and make that the way "he wanted" without having to deal with other AEW politics.

AEW has a lot of talent to mix into a separate entity with RoH... of course, I suspect we are tired of brand vs. brand.
    This could be great if done correctly. Given the track record with the launch and development of AEW, I don't think it would suck. TK has a significant amount of goodwill with the wrestling industry I can see this working quite well.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    https://twitter.com/ryansatin/status...71960419057668

Scott Hall on life support, and it looks like they are going to discontinue it. Looks like we are about to lose another legend

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    This really gutted me yesterday. My brother and I LOVED watching Scott Hall growing up and my brother's favorite nWo member was always Hall. We would always play the games as Hollywood Hogan and Scott Hall and even dressed up as them around the house pretending we were the nWo. So many amazing memories of watching Hall ... and losing him feels like losing a family member.

And I've lost a lot of family over the last two years ... my Dad just recently passed the other weekend from fighting lung cancer, I lost my Mom 2 years ago to kidney failure and cancer and my brother who watched Scott Hall with me died the week before my wedding last fall from chronic alcoholism.

Life is short, tell everyone in your life you love them.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Very sad. I feel the same as you guys. He was fun; backstage politics and demons aside.

I am also glad he got clean before the end.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    He will be missed for sure, he was great in his character and one of the most deserving guys to "never-win-the-big-one" in WWE.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Anyone else extremely underwhelmed by this year's Mania build? I tried to watch Smackdown on Friday and saw Ricochet get beat by distraction, TWICE, in consecutive, BS "pin the champ to earn a title shot" matches. The actual fuck?

Even with the impending debut of Cody, which will surely garner a pop, this Mania seems depressingly flat.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Anyone else extremely underwhelmed by this year's Mania build? I tried to watch Smackdown on Friday and saw Ricochet get beat by distraction, TWICE, in consecutive, BS "pin the champ to earn a title shot" matches. The actual fuck?

Even with the impending debut of Cody, which will surely garner a pop, this Mania seems depressingly flat.
    Manias build have felt flat since 2 years ago at least, could care less, did not watch the Royal Rumble and i wont be watching this (except for AJ vs Edge)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 03-30-2022 at 12:52 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just thought about how incredible adding Orange Cassidy to the Blackpool Combat Club could be...Danielson as the intermediary between Mox and OC could be amazing. They could get Yuta in first, then have him push Danielson, Mox and Regal to bring in OC.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Around 60 shows this weekend in Texas! Glory Pro, Bloodsport, Spring Break, and then Planet Death at Midnight. Two down.

I can't believe it's been 8 years since I was at XXX.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just poppin in to say that Darby and Andrade last night was fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Just poppin in to say that Darby and Andrade last night was fucking awesome.
    That whole show was fire. Only gripe was the length given to the JAS beat down segment. Otherwise that was a great 2 hours of wrasslin.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    FTR vs. Briscoes was well worth the $30.

The rest of the card was solid, and I'm really interested in how well some stories - ie Lethal/Gresham/Joe, Young Bucks/Briscoes/FTR - were developed during the show. With so many AEW talent going over, those two major angles give me a lot of hope as a fan that TK and CD can make this work.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Well I genuinely didn't expect to see Stone Cold not only fight a No DQ match, but let alone take several of that bumps he took. Majority of Night 1 was shitty as hell, but damn man Austin vs KO was fucking AWESOME. Also, Rhonda Rousey kinda blew me away tonight too. Bullshit ending, but that match was great. LOLOL though at WWE literally having to cut the cameras to black because Charlottes boob kept coming out.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Think the opening tag match would have been fire if Boogz didn't hurt himself, and wonder if that impacted the vibe of the show. I texted my cousin that it felt like an episode of Raw with an elaborate stage up until the Bex/Bianca match. From there, the show built to a fun crescendo after the weak start. Dozed off during most of Ronda & Charlotte (two kids at/under 2 probz) and was thoroughly entertained by Austin/KO.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Wrestling is fun. Bring on Night 2! With tonight's show I've been able to watch 12 shows. I am crashing HARD tonight.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    A few things:
    1. Wheeler. Yuta.
    2. Bots. (Bots?)
    3. It seems we've entered another dark age of WWE. They can only seem to string together about four years of coherent and engaging programming and then they go into creative purgatory.

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    186 Post(s)

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    that video reminded me of this masterpiece!

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)

Joshi rules. They're working a headlock to huge reactions. Amazing drama.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Thank God she's finally behind bars. Here's to hoping she stays there until she can get it together.
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...e-hall-of-fame

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Thank God she's finally behind bars. Here's to hoping she stays there until she can get it together.
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...e-hall-of-fame
    It's for the best, that woman is an absolute trainwreck...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just dropping in to say that Danhausen leaving the bag of chips in the ring for Hook's birthday was the cutest shit.

Hookhausen is such a strange combo but goddamit I'm so behind it.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Just dropping in to say that Danhausen leaving the bag of chips in the ring for Hook's birthday was the cutest shit.

Hookhausen is such a strange combo but goddamit I'm so behind it.
    I'm so ready for Hookhausen.

And when Hook does "Tequila", I'll fucking die.