Page 434 of 435 FirstFirst ... 334 384 424 432 433 434 435 LastLast
Results 12,991 to 13,020 of 13034

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    What did he do? His podcast is kind of douchey. Are you referring to how he lost his title belt like a dumbass?

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    Social media/his podcast has completely ruined Chris Jericho for me. Holy shit heís a legitimate douchebag.
    As a gimmick he lost me at the "Ayatolla of Rocknnnnnrolla!" (followed quickly by "IT! DOESN'T MATTER WHAT YOUR NAME IS!" *the People's eyebrow*) ... so, a while ago. I'm kinda surprised he's doing AEW.

Mentioned
    262 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    What did he do? His podcast is kind of douchey. Are you referring to how he lost his title belt like a dumbass?
    His ego is the absolute worst and he went from being legitimately cool to almost devolving into a 14 year old fedora wearing edgelord.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    His ego is the absolute worst and he went from being legitimately cool to almost devolving into a 14 year old fedora wearing edgelord.
    You mean his gimmick?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    He’s my second favorite wrestler of all time and he was really cool to me when I met him in 2007 but yeah, there’s some problematic aspects (he’s a right winger) on the personal side.

Plus, he blocked me on Twitter years ago and I still don’t know why. I’ve never said a bad word about him. This also happened with Cesaro. It was around the time Hogan got outed as a racist and I said a lot about that but who fucking knows?

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    October 5th, 2019.

Stay tuned.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    I like Jericho and he was always a favorite but I feel his look and attitude regressed. When he got the haircut and reinvented himself and kept that charisma to him he was at the pinnacle of his post Y2J (1999-2005) career. Then we had awesome stuff like his light up clothing bullshit, the List and lots of cool stuff.

The moment he started regrowing his hair length (which looks like absolute garbage these days) and changed his ring gear he began to change for the worst to me. His stint in NJPW changed his outlook and personality I feel and his overall attitude (casual listener to his podcast) changed the moment AEW began to form last year.

I'm kinda whatever on him now.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I really dig what he did in NJPW. He's a guy who constantly reinvents himself and evolves with the times. Can he be a bit douchey? Yeah. But, how much of that is him working people though? Chris Jericho is a gimmick.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just spent 5 mins watching Asuka put a chair together. And I loved every second of it.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Anthem Sports bought a majority stake in AXS television, which now means IMPACT! will have a more solid television partner than even TNA had with Spike. I'm out of the loop on what they're doing but I guess this means they will be in business with New Japan (which obviously is a draw for AXS).

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Good for them but IMPACT! Fell off hard years ago. I can’t name a single wrestler that got these days aside from Scarlett Bordeaux from last year, who isn’t even with them now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Actually IMPACT! have been doing very well the last few years. They have a good roster and their Knockouts division is great. Their women’s division has Tessa Blanchard, Rosemary, Su Yung, Taya, Tenille Dashwood, Keira Hogan, Jordynne Grace. Check out the rest of the roster I’m sure you’ll know a lot of names on there. Like Cage, Johnny Impact, RVD, Callihan, Swann.

https://impactwrestling.com/roster/

Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Impact is pretty decent lately and they do have great guys like Killer Cross, Johnny Impact, Callahan and Tessa Blanchard (she's awesome...), sadly the company has no buzz around it and at this point i think its better for it to dissapear.

Also: i'm sorry if you guys hate this, i find it fuckin' hilarious...

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Looks like The Fiend is usind the Mandable Claw as a finisher now?? Fuckin' awesome!!
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe/20...-square-garden
    Now he just needs to get his win back over Taker at WM!!!

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Guessing wwe won't do many shows there if it passes.

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    And I heard a few weeks ago they were going to do Mania in Los Angeles in 2022.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Not sure if they even plan that ahead tbh. Not sure if they even know where it'll be in 2021.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Asuka is seeing Iron Maiden tonight in Vegas and she's using an edit I made in her tweet!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Does anyone have interest in the PPV tomorrow? I think I'm skipping it. The go home shows this week had some solid wrestling on it in spite of the writing.

Even Austin and Taker are diminishing returns. I know the football game was pretty crazy, but I see that third hour dropping more deeper into fall. Seth, Baron and Shane are not working, but the issue is no one else will either. They've sacrificed everyone at the altar of Roman... and he's stuck against the worst Wyatt member.

Unless you're Cass, they just don't give up on the big guys.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Nope, all I've been watching is 1996 Raws and Fiend promos.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    We do a livewatch almost every night on a wrestling blog in the night thread.

WCCW, Mid-South, Crockett WCW, WWF 2000, WWECW, etc.

Then we have the free matches TNA has on their YouTube, MLW puts their show up weekly, and there's a dude doing monthly recaps of mid-late 80s WWF that are tremendous.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    Does anyone have interest in the PPV tomorrow? I think I'm skipping it. The go home shows this week had some solid wrestling on it in spite of the writing.

Even Austin and Taker are diminishing returns. I know the football game was pretty crazy, but I see that third hour dropping more deeper into fall. Seth, Baron and Shane are not working, but the issue is no one else will either. They've sacrificed everyone at the altar of Roman... and he's stuck against the worst Wyatt member.

Unless you're Cass, they just don't give up on the big guys.
    LOL don't say that. I'm attending it tomorrow. My first ever PPV attendance.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been to Raw, but my first live PPV was Mania 30. Even walked from our resort in the French Quarter to the old Nothing studios for pictures.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    I've been to Raw, but my first live PPV was Mania 30. Even walked from our resort in the French Quarter to the old Nothing studios for pictures.
    Sounds like a fun time.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I've never been to a PPV, but I've been to two Raw and three Smackdown tapings, and like 4 or 5 house shows.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Sounds like a fun time.
    3 blocks from Bourbon all week. Huge parties every night. You could see wrestlers up on the balconies.

Funniest part: We went to the Megastore to buy merch and we joked that "Of course it's in HALL H..."

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    So I seen Alexa way earlier than I thought I would. Loved her classic look tonight. I recorded her and Nikkiís entrance. Iíll post it on YouTube tonight when I get home haha.

I wish she would have won the 24/7 title!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Space, you had a pretty hot crowd most of the night, but the matches felt kinda blah.

But thank ye lords Harper returns.

Mentioned
    139 Post(s)
    Space, you had a pretty hot crowd most of the night, but the matches felt kinda blah.

But thank ye lords Harper returns.
    Energy at these lives shows make matches that seem like complete crap actually fun and watchable. I enjoyed just about every match tonight. Becky and Sasha were MOTN and they went to the concessions area right where I was sitting at (my instagram post has a snippet in the last slot). I bet if I go back and rewatch the PPV I'll see myself. Rowan/Roman was surprisingly good and I seen the Fiend. Not to mention the Goddess.

I was at Sec 116, Row AA, Seat 8. The photos and video I took make it look like I was farther away than I was.

Either way, loved it. As I said earlier, these events are always so much better live in person than watching on TV.

A post shared by on

Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-16-2019 at 12:17 AM.