Page 453 of 485 FirstFirst ... 353 403 443 451 452 453 454 455 463 ... LastLast
Results 13,561 to 13,590 of 14523

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Picked up really reasonable tickets to tonight's Dynamite. Pretty excited for my first live wrestling event since King of the Ring in 2001. Just realized that was 20 years ago. Now I'm sad and old.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    Picked up really reasonable tickets to tonight's Dynamite. Pretty excited for my first live wrestling event since King of the Ring in 2001. Just realized that was 20 years ago. Now I'm sad and old.
    Old, sure. Sad? Doubtful. Enjoy the show.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Big yikes, hard pass.

Sad to see this as the new NXT.
    New logo and look are f'n ugly, i get they are trying to get far from the "indie promotion" look, but the new image is so Sports Entertainment, it hurts.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yoooo that was a CLASSIC though. That Shane/Kurt match must have been amazing to see in person.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    NYC shows are going to be bonkers. I'm saying Omega/Danielson goes to a TV time remaining draw, with entrances starting at 9:25.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Yoooo that was a CLASSIC though. That Shane/Kurt match must have been amazing to see in person.
    Absolutely. It was completely insane. The sounds of skull smacking concrete repeatedly. I have zero clue how either of those two men are still walking today.

As a side note, Rampage on Friday will have one of the best interactions I've ever seen between Ruby Soho and Britt Baker.
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 09-16-2021 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Fantasy booked MJF and Wardlow's breakup in NYC: Wardlow costs Max the win, Wardlow steps to him and then boom, *ROOOOOAR*, and Adam Scherr debuts as Max's new muscle. Some interesting angles from there, and hoo boy would the former Braun Strowman get some HEAT.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Absolutely. It was completely insane. The sounds of skull smacking concrete repeatedly. I have zero clue how either of those two men are still walking today.

As a side note, Rampage on Friday will have one of the best interactions I've ever seen between Ruby Soho and Britt Baker.
    Man, I've always wondered if his skull knocking on the concrete echoed through the arena the way the cameras picked up the sound of it. That still to me is one of the most sickening bump I've ever seen in wrestling. Incredible shit.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    NXT 2.0. Definitely a #2. I see they're giving Rick Steiner's kid the uber push first night out. This is like EWR. They also cut to two different angles of him celebreating the win in the corner. You could tell Dunn wanted to cut to a crowd shot, but there was more audio sweetening than the Thunderdome.

Outside of the ridiculous weddin, it was blah. I think I drop it from rotation immediately.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Dynamite goes quick, but the hour Rampages are just perfect. BIG BIG shows next week. It's a good time to be a fan.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The DSOTR Plane Ride from Hell fall out... damn.

Dreamer can fuck off with his comments. This is the guy who wanted to shoot Heyman and then himself in the ring at WM 17. I am not making that up.

I went to the Observer a week later and it's almost note for note what happened. So, JR's claim about them not knowing Hall's addictions were that bad is... come on... WCW was making angles out of it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I was definitely cringing listening to what Dreamer was saying during the episode. Like have you been in a cave for the last 4 years?

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yeah, I have never really liked Jim Ross as a commentator and now that dislike has grown over the last few years into personal as well.

He sticks out like a sore thumb in AEW. They’ve got enough people on the commentary team that want to be there, like the company, know things about the wrestlers (like calling them by their correct names, for example), and most importantly, give a shit.

He needs to go. He’s the worst thing about AEW (Him and QT Marshall/The Factory vs The Nightmare Family aside from Cody vs Black).

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Yeah, I have never really liked Jim Ross as a commentator and now that dislike has grown over the last few years into personal as well.

He sticks out like a sore thumb in AEW. They’ve got enough people on the commentary team that want to be there, like the company, know things about the wrestlers (like calling them by their correct names, for example), and most importantly, give a shit.

He needs to go. He’s the worst thing about AEW (Him and QT Marshall/The Factory vs The Nightmare Family aside from Cody vs Black).

Man, I whole heartedly disagree with all of this.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Ross steps on Excalibur, who is 4 million times better than he ever was, pretty regularly. It’s very noticeable. He’s doing the same old shit he always does except now he can’t be bothered to do any research. Schiavone, on the other hand, is doing better work than ever. I’m so impressed by how excellent he is at his job.

But I’m way more offended (lol) that you like QT, @richardp .
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-18-2021 at 03:39 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Ross steps on Excalibur, who is 4 million times better than he ever was, pretty regularly. It’s very noticeable.
    And the one time he called him "Mark" on air. Oof

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Man, I whole heartedly disagree with all of this.
    How can you enjoy him? I don't watch wrestling regularly, mainly just clips and reading up on what happened where (+occasional podcasts), but I did watch AEW's all out and I just pitied him. It's not his fault that he's old now, but still, he's too old for this now. Listening to him was like watching a toddler making their first steps: I was happy when he managed to finish a train of thought in one go, without getting lost in the wilderness or having multiple goes at it. I think he has fulfilled his initial role at AEW and he should step sideways to a different role. His knowledge is still valuable.

He obviously can't be the literal worst thing in a promotion who has Marko Stunt in their roster, but he does stick out in a bad way.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    JR should be brought out for special matches only. You can tell the peeps he isn't a fan of though in his voice alone. You can tell he LOATHES Chuck Taylor.

https://www.f4wonline.com/aew-news/a...handise-353906

This is pretty cool, too.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Omega and Bryan are going to go for an hour aren't they?

Edit: I hope Bryan didn't separate his shoulder on that buckle bomb
    Last edited by RJK; 09-22-2021 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Did not see the complete mach for Omega/Bryan, just parts, but i can tell they kicked the shit out of each other...

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    So the second half of the third season of Dark Side of the Ring has begun on Vice.

You can get the first episode, "The Plane Ride From Hell," wherein Ric Flair does a real life Meatspin to a poor flight attendant.

You can watch it on VICE, or watch it on your Vice app if you have cable.

OR, if anyone wants me to get it on Plex, hit me up.
    Last edited by elevenism; 09-23-2021 at 11:40 PM.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I can't believe they're going to have Balor bring back the Demon just to have him lose for the first time as the Demon to Roman

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I can't believe they're going to have Balor bring back the Demon just to have him lose for the first time as the Demon to Roman
    There's gonna be shenanigans.

It's wwe, they don't give satisfying payoffs. I'm surprised the rematch isn't already scheduled for Friday.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    So the second half of the third season of Dark Side of the Ring has begun on Vice.

You can get the first episode, "The Plane Ride From Hell," wherein Ric Flair does a real life Meatspin to a poor flight attendant.

You can watch it on VICE, or watch it on your Vice app if you have cable.

OR, if anyone wants me to get it on Plex, hit me up.
    I saw the "Plane ride from hell" episode, i thought it was pretty good.

I just find it funny how all those things are getting out of hand.
    Nobody came out looking good from that episode (except JR and Rob Van Dam), but we've heard those stories for years, we used to applaud Ric Flair and now he's the antichrist? man... he DID something bad don't get me wrong, but lots of wrestlers have done far worse and nobody is "cancelling them" (i guess it's a matter of time).
    I think by far the worst thing in that flight, was Lesnar's/Henning fight, they could've killed everyone on the flight just because a stupid fight.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    May need to get myself one of those Superkliq shirts

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wonder what Extreme Rules brings us tonight besides nothing that fits the title of the PPV. Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor is it (looks like The Demon is gonna get his first loss ever). The rest are standard rules (so far) so how on earth is this extreme or no DQ? Lame.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Hahahahahahah (repeat forever)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Great matches with bad endings, especially Bianca/Becky and Reigns/Balor. Especially Balor. Dunno where Finn goes from here other than out of WWE. Alexa getting caught with the alka seltzer on the ramp was horrible production. Missable show.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    So glad i didn't watch this...