Page 454 of 483 FirstFirst ... 354 404 444 452 453 454 455 456 464 ... LastLast
Results 13,591 to 13,620 of 14485

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Wonder what Extreme Rules brings us tonight besides nothing that fits the title of the PPV. Roman Reigns vs Finn Balor is it (looks like The Demon is gonna get his first loss ever). The rest are standard rules (so far) so how on earth is this extreme or no DQ? Lame.
    Didn't Samoa Joe beat The Demon before?

As for the ppv, that sounds like a must-listen from Cornette.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Having a good laugh at Twitter WWE bubble fans poorly trying to say the Usos are better than The Young Bucks. That’s so illogical.
    The Bucks are better in every way. They’re more innovative and more influential. They’ll go down as one of the best tag teams ever.

The Usos will be lucky to make the top 25. Or even be in ANY conversation that doesn’t start with Roman or their dad, which is yet another facet. The Bucks made themselves. They weren’t grandfathered in.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The royal rumble is taking place in STL basically across the street from where I work. Parking is gonna be easy peasy.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Watched the Chris Kanyon epsiode... and I wonder, like... what did Jericho add to it?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    My friend and I bought tickets to Dynamite in November this morning. 9th row floor on the aisle. I'm so excited, man. This will be my first event of any kind since the Pandemic started; first wrestling event since 2018; and first time I've been this excited to go to a wrestling event since Backlash in 2002.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I'm going to be at Dynamite tonight. This is probably going to be emotional as fuck

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    I hope Bray Wyatt shows up...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I hope Bray Wyatt shows up...
    Still under non-compete for a few more weeks.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Finally got around to watching Omega v Danielson last night and that was the fastest 30 minutes I can remember. Absolutely worthy of all the hype.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Ya wanna know what's really fun and easy to watch? AEW Dynamite. What a show tonight... again.

Hot take, I know.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Adam Page's return and that sick ass table bump were soooo good. Also that opening tag match? Fuck man, we continue to get PPV level wrestling shows for free every week and it blows my mind. I'm so excited to find out what matches I end up getting at my Dynamite taping next month.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So I'm a big fan of Adam Page, and I'm honestly shocked that there hasn't been any mention of the weight of a moniker like "hangman". Like, in 2021. Am I alone in this?

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    So I'm a big fan of Adam Page, and I'm honestly shocked that there hasn't been any mention of the weight of a moniker like "hangman". Like, in 2021. Am I alone in this?
    At least he dropped the noose part of his gimmick.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    NXT 2.0 is such a dumpster fire, but it hasn't reached 2000 Thunder levels yet. I was sick of BBrroonn Bbrreeaakkeerr week one. I do hope Jacy Jayne is doing alright after the tope suicida. That's proof that we don't need those every match, and it makes the ladder match next week even more dangerous to do.

I have really minor training in a ring, and that's something I would never do for fear of just that. It's enough bumping in one of the indys' ring around here.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I don't care much for NXT 2.0, but it's not as bad as i thought, it's just FCW all over again, they changed the "indie" look for a "Family look", it's just OK, i don't care for Bronn Breaker either, but he's a more fitting champion for this format
    NXT used to be my favorite WWE product, meh

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    This made my night.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    This made my night.
    Well ROH is going on hiatus and releasing everyone who's contract ends at the end of year. Soooo...

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    So the MJF/Darby promo happened RIGHT in front of me tonight at Dynamite. That was fucking awesome. After cameras stopped rolling Tony came out and talked about Brodie and Mox for a bit, and then Danielson did a bit with Justin Roberts acting like he was going to choke him out with his tie again. Kinda was hoping for a dark match but whatever. Literally have not had that much fun at a wrestling event since I went to Backlash in 2002.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    WWE releases 18 superstars including Keith Lee and Karrion Kross

I'm so glad i don't watch their product anymore.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    WWE releases 18 superstars including Keith Lee and Karrion Kross

I'm so glad i don't watch their product anymore.
    I'm not even trying to be a hater here but...

Why even bother with the time, money and likes of people like Karrion Kross/Scarlett and Frankie Monet (Taya Valkyrie) when you weren't even gonna go the distance. Valkyrie debuted only this February! Not even a year! Why waste the time and money on their end?

I love how Keith Lee never got a shot on the main roster after last year. I remember seeing/hearing that they were all like OMG! Keith "Bearcat" Lee is a GREAT RAW Draft Pick! WOW!!! Not even a month later and he's unemployed. Fucking stupid.

They are making this product harder and harder to even watch 5 minute clips from. I'm just waiting for Toni Storm to finally be let go and go to bigger pastures because her WWE run post 2021 is fucking trash. Once Alexa Bliss (doubtful) and a few of the other women go I am done with WWE again. That's all that keeps me watching. Their men's division needs variety and help. I'm tired of Shield boys constantly in main event.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 11-05-2021 at 09:10 PM. Reason: Typo

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm not even trying to be a hater here but...

Why even bother with the time, money and likes of people like Karrion Kross/Scarlett and Frankie Money (Taya Valkyrie) when you weren't even gonna go the distance. Valkyrie debuted only this February! Not even a year! Why waste the time and money on their end?

I love how Keith Lee never got a shot on the main roster after last year. I remember seeing/hearing that they were all like OMG! Keith "Bearcat" Lee is a GREAT RAW Drafte Pick! WOW!!! Not even a month later and he's unemployed. Fucking stupid.

They are making this product harder and harder to even watch 5 minute clips from. I'm just waiting for Toni Storm to finally be let go and go to bigger pastures because her WWE run post 2021 is fucking trash. Once Alexa Bliss (doubtful) and a few of the other women go I am done with WWE again. That's all that keeps me watching. Their men's division needs variety and help. I'm tired of Shield boys constantly in main event.
    I agree, i wasn't even a hater of the WWE, but they drove me off their product a long time ago.

And i'm not even the "biggest" AEW fan, but i understand their success, they actually give the fans what they want.
    The WWE keeps telling the fans they "listen to them", and prove time and time again they don't.

- If you can't find a way to make money with someone like Keith Lee, Karrion Kross and Ember Moon there's something wrong with you, not the talent.
    - I'm not a fan of Nia Jax, but it's similar to Braun Strowman, why invest so much time and money on her?, just to release them like they are nothing...
    - I can't believe Vince couldn't see anything on a hot blonde like Scarlett Bordeaux
    - Mia Yim is actually talented, she never got a chance, just like the others
    - I'm not surprised for the "Lucha house party" guys, actually i'm glad for them, now they can show their real talent, instead on doing stupid "piñata stuff" on WWE.

I know most of this is to pay for Lesnar's salary, he's great, but is he really worth it? It seems all part timers are doing more harm than good...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've read people that weren't vaccinated were released here. Who knows though, do with it what you will.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I've read people that weren't vaccinated were released here. Who knows though, do with it what you will.
    That doesn't justify firing people like Bray Wyatt, Braun, Rusev, even before that...

Sounds like a bullshit excuse to me and why straight fire them? couldn't they suspend them???

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I didn’t want to even mention the releases because I’m sure I sound like a broken record but here goes the recap…

You all probably know I grew up loving WWF and that started to fade gradually over time starting around 2009 and it got to the point where I was only watching NXT and getting super bummed when wrestlers were “called up.” Then NXT started to suck too; seems like Gargano vs Ciampa was the end of the good times there.

When AEW came around, I was already way into The Elite, and I connected instantly with AEW. That love has only grown. I will always dig a lot of the talent in WWE but I can’t watch them push awful ex football big dumb guys and treat most everyone I loved from PWG and ROH like shit. I’m very happy for New Day. Woods as KOTR and E as champion are good decisions.

Another thing is the difference in how the two companies are ran. Upper management in WWE, specifically Vince, Stephanie, Kevin, Nick, and Hunter are all huge pieces of shit too. They hate wrestling. They hate wrestling fans more. Their creative team are purposely screened to not be fans coming in. Tony Khan loves wrestling. He’s a huge fan. He rewards wrestling fans. Whatever input Omega, The Bucks, Rhodes, and Jericho have seems to be positive a lot of the time. I know which I prefer.

So these releases are awful except I’m not so mad about them losing the unsafe antivaxxer Q pilled Nia and the All MAGA Everything Eva.

I will be shocked if AEW doesn’t pick up Keith Lee, Mia Yim, Kross, and Scarlett. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Taya there either. I sincerely hope Kevin and Sami leave WWE in January. Would love to see them again.

Honestly, I’m so tired of hating WWE. It does me no good. I don’t like being angry especially at something I have no control over. It’s just so disappointing.

EDIT: Make sure you watch the Punk/Kingston promo from tonight’s Rampage because it was fucking magick.
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-05-2021 at 10:32 PM.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    EDIT: Make sure you watch the Punk/Kingston promo from tonight’s Rampage because it was fucking magick.
    I just watched it, i was impressed with Kingston mic skills!

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    That Kingston / CM Punk promo on Rampage was fucking incredible. Not only did they make the segment extremely believable, but the fact that Kingston was able to turn Punk heal in about 30 seconds flat was truly remarkable. If that wasn't the best in ring promo I've seen in years, it was at least very high up there.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    I didn’t want to even mention the releases because I’m sure I sound like a broken record but here goes the recap…

You all probably know I grew up loving WWF and that started to fade gradually over time starting around 2009 and it got to the point where I was only watching NXT and getting super bummed when wrestlers were “called up.” Then NXT started to suck too; seems like Gargano vs Ciampa was the end of the good times there.

When AEW came around, I was already way into The Elite, and I connected instantly with AEW. That love has only grown. I will always dig a lot of the talent in WWE but I can’t watch them push awful ex football big dumb guys and treat most everyone I loved from PWG and ROH like shit. I’m very happy for New Day. Woods as KOTR and E as champion are good decisions.

Another thing is the difference in how the two companies are ran. Upper management in WWE, specifically Vince, Stephanie, Kevin, Nick, and Hunter are all huge pieces of shit too. They hate wrestling. They hate wrestling fans more. Their creative team are purposely screened to not be fans coming in. Tony Khan loves wrestling. He’s a huge fan. He rewards wrestling fans. Whatever input Omega, The Bucks, Rhodes, and Jericho have seems to be positive a lot of the time. I know which I prefer.

So these releases are awful except I’m not so mad about them losing the unsafe antivaxxer Q pilled Nia and the All MAGA Everything Eva.

I will be shocked if AEW doesn’t pick up Keith Lee, Mia Yim, Kross, and Scarlett. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Taya there either. I sincerely hope Kevin and Sami leave WWE in January. Would love to see them again.

Honestly, I’m so tired of hating WWE. It does me no good. I don’t like being angry especially at something I have no control over. It’s just so disappointing.

I love that you assume Hunter hates the fans and wrestling and yet, you also said you only watched NXT, which was Hunter's baby and probably one of the reasons why it was so good. It's no surprise it started to tank we they got rid of him there

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    It would be really something if, somehow, WWE decided to purchase ROH and turn it over exclusively to Hunter.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    They never got rid of Hunter, but he did use it to try and remake himself into something he isn’t and never had been; a benevolent figurehead that just wanted to give back. He is a politicking egomaniac that screwed over anyone that was better than his mid card ass and that’s all he will ever be. Just like Stephanie tried to rehab her image with the Women’s revolution, Hunter used NXT. “Getting the rub one picture at a time with actual talented wrestlers, brother, but I gotta go over Sting for that big Mania payday.” It’s optics.

I watched NXT for the talent when I did. It declined long before his health issues. His father in law and his wife hate wrestling. Why would we assume any differently with Hunter? He’s lashed out at fans in the not so recent past.

Nice try, though.
    Last edited by Swykk; 11-08-2021 at 02:16 PM.