Page 201 of 486 FirstFirst ... 101 151 191 199 200 201 202 203 211 251 301 ... LastLast
Results 6,001 to 6,030 of 14558

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Well, I guess I get to eat shit now. Seth didn't finish with the curb stomp. He used some other weird move.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, the new move is kinda weird... Not a bad raw. Pretty weak for a go-home show.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Also the titantron did not feature the Curb Stomp, such a shame, the new move was WTF

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Think it has to do with all of the current lawsuits going on about concussions. Covering their asses so to speak.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So typical of WWE. I'm so glad I decided not to watch their bullshit show.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Third week in a row where I haven't been able to finish raw. I really want to like it but I've been having a hard time. I don't care about any of the storylines and most of the time it feels like I'm watching a kids show. Now the curb stomp is gone? Ah fuck..... I'll watch extreme rules this weekend.... but they are gonna really have to do something different soon to keep my interest.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Not to be the eternal downer here, but... I recently watched Wrestlemania in it's entirety and while some of the twists and turns were good, I ended up thinking: ''That was it?''

Now we're stuck with a few ppvs that will be without a doubt nothing but regurgitations of the WM card in different forms. It's kind of sad, considering the talent available.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I liked Wrestlemania, but as soon as it was over it became the same old shit all over again, that "Extreme Rules" card looks terrible to say the least...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think the main problem is that wrestlemania is ultimately their end all, be all event. It renders just about everything useless and they're more worried about wrestlemania. All their eggs in one basket. Extreme Rules could be good. I'm not ruling anything out on that one. The build, like usual, is lazy. Lazy booking and buildup aren't going to make people interested. They want to sell network subscriptions, yet they do such a shitty job at promoting the actual show, which is the ultimate selling point.

Cool that they give the free month trials. But, if you do that and put on a show that sucks, and will only lead to something else, why would they invest. I'm talking about the casual viewer. If WWE actually put more effort into raw and smackdown, and actually gave a shit about the ppv they're putting on, they would be making way much more money than they currently are. But, they don't. Buy the network to watch a ppv that not even WWE gives a shit about; maybe it'll be good. Maybe it won't.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I think the main problem is that wrestlemania is ultimately their end all, be all event. It renders just about everything useless and they're more worried about wrestlemania. All their eggs in one basket. Extreme Rules could be good. I'm not ruling anything out on that one. The build, like usual, is lazy. Lazy booking and buildup aren't going to make people interested. They want to sell network subscriptions, yet they do such a shitty job at promoting the actual show, which is the ultimate selling point.

Cool that they give the free month trials. But, if you do that and put on a show that sucks, and will only lead to something else, why would they invest. I'm talking about the casual viewer. If WWE actually put more effort into raw and smackdown, and actually gave a shit about the ppv they're putting on, they would be making way much more money than they currently are. But, they don't. Buy the network to watch a ppv that not even WWE gives a shit about; maybe it'll be good. Maybe it won't.
    I buy the Network for the archive library shows and PPVs. Current PPVs are just a nice touch, even if bad to bland.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-21-2015 at 05:18 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    NXT is really the only reason I still have it... The archives are real nice, but I haven't really been watching them. Only NXT.

Watching NXT now and am I the only one who thinks Enzo should never wrestle, but could be an awesome manager? He's got a natural charisma about him that's easy to connect with. His wrestling sucks... And he needs to fix his beard. He looks stupid (in a bad way).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    He needs to manage Cass because Cass's improvement has been noticeable while Enzo's hasn't. At the same time, though, if Enzo is used as the face in peril the entire time so that Cass can get the hot tag and do real work, I can get behind that.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Cass has really upped his game in the last year and could probably hold his own at some point. Enzo just has the same lines and isn't really improving in the ring. He seems like he could be very creative, but he sticks to same safe routine. I think he should just stop wrestling and manage Cass. Cass is getting more character, but with Enzo as an extra mouth piece, it could do some pretty good things. Enzo as a wrestler won't go very far in WWE.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I agree, Enzo is more like a "Hype man" or some kind of manager, i'm not huge on Cass but i admit he has gotten better just like Tyler Breeze...

Also, Carmella has to strip at some point, lol...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It is still developmental though. So there's always room to improve. Cass seems like he could be ready if be has Enzo has his mouth piece. Not sure what I think about Carmella. Still has a good way left to go. Much better as a blonde.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    If you're having trouble with wrestling fundamentals then you should not wrestling on the TV product. Just like how Dana Brooke absolutely should not be on TV yet. That's what the Performance Center is for.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    She's still in developmental though. If she were on the main roster, then yeah, it'd be a huge problem (alas Eva Marie). But it looked like they taught her the basic mechanics of it and rushed her out there. She has a lot to learn for sure.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    It is still developmental though. So there's always room to improve. Cass seems like he could be ready if be has Enzo has his mouth piece. Not sure what I think about Carmella. Still has a good way left to go. Much better as a blonde.
    Love Carmella, had a gush fest many pages ago.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    The way I see it, NXT TV should be where only the people who are 100% ready to go should be. If all you're missing is the ability to do a TV promo, or work a TV match with the big spots facing the hard cam, things like that, then you should be on TV. Otherwise, they should work the house show circuit and gauge reactions. Sawyer Fulton and Angelo Dawkins had been on the house show circuit for months and months before being jobbers on NXT. NXT TV should be the direct gateway to the main roster, and the turnover should be a lot faster than it is now. That's probably a little too extreme, but that's how I feel like it should be.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Guess I'm just doesn't bother me as much. If they consistently get better, then I really have no issues with who they put on the show. Plus, it's not like most of the NXT guys are just going to stop training the second they get some air time. Personally, I like the idea of watching them progress.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Y'all feeling down over the world of pro wrestling?

Well, here's the new.... Botchamania!!!!!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Man, I didn't know ETS had a Wrestling thread. Neat.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Seriously? ^ It's always active and most recently posted on Mondays and Sundays. Welcome, dude.

Wow, Daniel Bryan isn't even on the main card for the PPV. Barrett vs Bryan is on the pre-show. Or, Adrian Neville instead. Er ok.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Bryan's injured, again. Guess they pushed the tag title match to the main show, and put barrett on the preshow. Bryan might be out next month as well...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    It's good that Sheamus' look caught up with his wrestling ability. Terrible. Also, what a waste that stip ended up being.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Had a feeling Ziggler would end up getting the short end. Surprised he won the match though. Some of his twitter posts seem like legit shoots as of late.

Ambrose and Harper was good. Very nice to actually see something happen backstage. Was thinking maybe the match would go on longer throughout the night. It was good though.

Not a bad divas match. Thought Nikki was going to lose.

Surprised about the tag belts. A few predicted New Day. I didn't think it was going to happen though.

Show/Reigns. Bathroom break.

Edit:

Seriously? Are they really trying to make people believe that the announce tables are that heavy? Why? Just why am I expected to believe those flimsy tables are heavy enough that you can't flip them over, easy?
    Last edited by Piko; 04-26-2015 at 09:21 PM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Oh, and Cena wins again and will bury Rusev in an "I Quit" match for Payback...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm ok with Cena winning. But to do it again next month? No thanks! They just ended Rusev's streak, and now they want him to lose three in a row? Come on! Not a big Rusev fan. But it's obvious he's getting buried. Writing is on the wall on Lana splitting from him too.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Seriously? ^ It's always active and most recently posted on Mondays and Sundays. Welcome, dude.
    I had a feeling there was a thread, I may have seen someone recently post and forgot or something. I already post on too many other sites as it is.

It's been a crazy month or so for me, not only did I go to my first Wrestlemania, but I immediately got really sick right after the show for 2 weeks. There was a period where I couldn't even listen to music because the Fever I had was just making me not enjoy anything. If I listened to The Downward Spiral when I was sick I probably would've exploded.

Also, I'm going on record and saying John Cena will lose to Rusev at Payback. I got a feeling they'll do something weird with it.
    Last edited by nooneimportant; 04-27-2015 at 08:02 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This could be a great thing for TNA, given Corgan's strong interest in professional wrestling: http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/bill...79-1201480379/