Page 468 of 485 FirstFirst ... 368 418 458 466 467 468 469 470 478 ... LastLast
Results 14,011 to 14,040 of 14544

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fifey View Post
    Prediction for the Rumble: Final four are the Usos, Solo, and Sami. Roman tells Sami to self-eliminate to prove himself ("final test" that he mentioned from Raw), but KO comes out and dumps the Usos, and Sami dumps Solo to win the Rumble, but he's still conflicted about it.

That's my hope. But we're probably getting a surprise appearance and win from Dwayne for basketball reasons.
    Last i heard the Rock isn't confirmed for Wrestlemania, and i don't think Sami will win; probably Cody wins the Rumble.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    The concept of that Blacklight Match was cool but so wasted on that boring ass match. It was short, dumb, and had all ounce of ability to take it serious stripped away by them constantly mentioning Mountain Dew.

How many of these terribly stupid gimmick matches is this for Bray now at this point

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I saw my life flash right in front of my eyes during last night’s main event. I never felt so immediately invested in an angle as I did last night, because I don’t really watch WWE on a regular basis but the Royal Rumble is maybe the most nostalgic I get, even more then some recent WrestleManias. I told my brother last night it’s the best single segment I’ve seen since WCW and ECW folded so that’s over 20 years. There are moments which come close, and a lot more recently from AEW but that was upper-level storytelling which I might go far as to say it’s game-changing (pardon the pun) moment for a company currently under a historic transition (if such graceful terminology can be applied to whatever the hell is going on with the old man now). I’ve had similar moments recently with music, movies and tv but the entire segment and those involved pulled off something that did the arduous job of making me feel about this like I did any number of the great angles in the 80’s and 90’s, but updated with the understanding of the world around us.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I attended NXT Vengeance Day and had a great time. Was the closest I've ever been to the ring at WWE event.

Dijak and Wes Lee match was the best to me. So glad the stench of T-Bar from Retribution is being washed away as Dijakovic is a great talent.

A post shared by on

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Four minutes of sustained pop for Sami in Montreal + a minute of muted "fuck you Roman" chants was all I needed to be ready for tomorrow.
    Last edited by the duder; 02-17-2023 at 09:22 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Best WWE PPV in years and years. Whole thing was a blast from start to finish and never once let up. The entirety of Sami vs Roman was sheer history in the making. I can't remember the last time I got goosebumps watching a WWE match.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Excellent show, top to bottom.

Also - bought tickets to see the NJPW Capitol Collision show in DC this April. Should be fun to see how the card shapes up.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Best WWE PPV in years and years. Whole thing was a blast from start to finish and never once let up. The entirety of Sami vs Roman was sheer history in the making. I can't remember the last time I got goosebumps watching a WWE match.
    I mean I get why you’d think that given the natural momentum and fan support but to me it was squandered and didn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things. That’s the problem when you book yourself into a corner with the absurdly strong Reigns booking for 2+ years and make this match at an event sandwiched between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania when you have your program match that has the obvious dethrone moment in Cody Rhodes winning.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 02-19-2023 at 08:50 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I mean I get why you’d think that given the natural momentum and fan support but to me it was squandered and didn’t mean anything in the grand scheme of things. That’s the problem when you book yourself into a corner with the absurdly strong Reigns booking for 2+ years and make this match at an event sandwiched between the Royal Rumble and WrestleMania when you have your program match that has the obvious dethrone moment in Cody Rhodes winning.
    Had they held off on Sami vs Roman at Mania, that would have easily been one of the greatest Mania matches of all time. But I do agree, it's a bit squandered with Cody added into the mix. It's going to be EXTREMELY hard to get the audience to care about Cody the way they do for Sami at the moment. I mean, shit, even on Raw this week, Cody's reaction from the crowd was minimal at best. No one is going to care about Roman vs Cody when it comes time for it, when you could have just had Sami vs Roman Part II. And Cody (who barely even worked any matches throughout the entirety of 2022 due to injujry) dethroning Roman is purely contractual and everyone knows it already, so unless it's Sami walking out of Mania somehow with the title, your'e right, they've taken an insanely magical moment in the company and flushed it for the legitimately boring as fuck Cody Rhodes.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I can't wait for MJF to go to the Fed and be the mid carder he deserves to be

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Nah, MJF is a legitimate talent. Not even close to being a mid carder. Absolutely phenomenal Iron Man match from him and Danielson last night. The whole PPV was great, honestly. Not a bad match in the entire card. Mox with the Fork was so brutal. That Texas Death Match did not disappoint at all.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    The old man was in Gorilla all night.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by poinoup View Post
    The old man was in Gorilla all night.
    He can't help himself, that Omos VS Lesnar match shows he's still in charge.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Revolution was fantastic. I just finished it.

LOVED House of Black finally getting their due. That was MOTN for me. Really enjoyed the Iron Man match as well. Glad FTR returned. Page and Mox just beat the ever living shit out of each other. Great stuff!
    Last edited by Swykk; 03-07-2023 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Had an idea for a Mania angle. How about Balor calls in Jay White for a night 1 beat down of Edge? This could lead to some interesting things. Maybe a night 2 scenario where JD & Switchblade help Dom win, only to turn on him?

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Went to Dynamite tonight, sat ringside, and got scissored by Max Castor. YEAH BAY BAY

Also, Omega and Del Vikingo was fucking INSANE in person. Really fun night.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Night one of WrestleMania was excellent. Match order, in ring performance and overall crowd & atmosphere were good to great across the evening.

MOTN/Potential MOTY for me was the Charlotte/Rhea match. That performance just crept onto my list of top 10 Mania matches. I haven't been that invested, or felt the emotion/stand up out of my seat reaction, in a woman's match since Bayley vs. Banks at Takeover: Brooklyn.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Wwe is merging with UFC, this might be my final straw. Vince will run the company

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Wwe is merging with UFC, this might be my final straw. Vince will run the company
    That's not exactly right. Vince is expected to be Executive Chairman. That roll doesn't run the company.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    Night one of WrestleMania was excellent. Match order, in ring performance and overall crowd & atmosphere were good to great across the evening.

MOTN/Potential MOTY for me was the Charlotte/Rhea match. That performance just crept onto my list of top 10 Mania matches. I haven't been that invested, or felt the emotion/stand up out of my seat reaction, in a woman's match since Bayley vs. Banks at Takeover: Brooklyn.
    Agreed, Night One was highly enjoyable. There were several times throughout that I was thinking to myself, thank god for AEW forcing WWE to step their PLE up, because they really brought it last night. Hopefully they can keep the momentum up for Night 2.

Rhea and Charlotte was definitely the show stealer. The 4 Way Mens tag was also a ton of fun to watch, and of course Sami/Kevin vs Usos gave us everything we wanted out of that matchup. Hell, even Logan Paul (once again) highly impressed in his match. Not to mention, this year's Mania stage might just be the coolest one they've ever done.

Forget to mention how silly and random the Rey/Dom match getting turned into a Cinnamon Toast Crunch match was?? So stupid I couldn't help but laugh.
    Last edited by richardp; 04-02-2023 at 06:13 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Forget to mention how silly and random the Rey/Dom match getting turned into a Cinnamon Toast Crunch match was?? So stupid I couldn't help but laugh.
    That's because shitty Bray Wyatt wasn't here this weekend to claim it like the MTN Dew Pitch Black match.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by otnavuskire View Post
    That's not exactly right. Vince is expected to be Executive Chairman. That roll doesn't run the company.
    Still makes me want to vomit

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That ending was so overly booked and made Reigns look even more lousy as a Champion with the same copy paste finish of all his defenses with his idiot toady family members saving his ass from defeat.

This is one of the most stupid, idiotic and over returns in the modern WWE and they decided to go with Roman Reigns horseshit win so he can hit his precious 1000 day marker for this reign. Cody won't recover from it and it made the entire Sami Zayn storyline and loss at Elimination Chamber also pointless. Man they are REALLY high on this fucking dude. I'd go so far as to argue that they are dedicated to him more than they ever were with Cena too. If I was a fan of Reigns, I'd be elated that he wins so much and is always the main event. For non-fans or haters its agony. I'm beyond bored with his gimmick and reign.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 04-02-2023 at 11:16 PM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Night One was definitely the better of the two. Started out really slow tonight, but fuck man the IC title match and Roman/Cody brought it. Both of those matches were incredible. Im really happy with Roman keeping the title. Glad the Bloodline story is going to keep rolling on. Hell in a Cell would have been a lot better had they not stopped the match dead in its tracks for Balor being busted open. I felt like that killed a LOT of momentum that they had just built up, and they never really quite recovered from it.

Gotta say though, Shane coming out and IMMEDIATELY tearing his quad, JUST like his dad at Royal Rumble was fucking hilarious.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Roman won again? Yawn

Endeavor buying the WWE? Damn

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I can't believe we are gonna be stuck with Roman as champion for another year.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    If you like WWE, especially for the past 6 months give or take, I would prepare to be greatly disappointed in the near future.

Vince is back in charge with the Endeavor sale. Yes, I know what he said. He’s said that before. He’s back.

Perhaps more of an issue will be when Endeavor price gouges WWE like they did with UFC when they bought it. It’s very very likely going to be a lot more expensive to be a fan.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I can't believe we are gonna be stuck with Roman as champion for another year.
    Ohhhhh I don't know man I actually doubt it'll be another year. I personally feel like he'll lose it at Summerslam. By that point he'll have hit the 1000 day mark, and they'll also have the entire summer to continue building up Cody trying to get the strap. I'm probably wrong, but that's what I think will or at least should happen.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Worst RAW after WM I've ever seen. Also take this with a grain of salt but after last night and Night 2 I will probably just go back to PLEs and NXT and skip RAW and SD like I have for years.

"Vince McMahon was personally and heavily involved with last night's episode of Monday Night Raw, PWInsider.com has confirmed with multiple sources.

PWInsider.com is told that about 15-20 minutes before Raw went live on the air, a number of late rewrites for the episode were ordered, described as not "feeling" like the type of changes talents and staff had come to expect under Paul Levesque. Changes for the episode continued as the show well into being on the air and we are told they came directly from McMahon, who had his own office at Raw, just as he did before his "retirement" in the summer of 2022.

While McMahon stated he would not be "in the weeds" of creative on CNBC yesterday, we were told by multiple sources who were at Raw that there was no doubt that Vince was firmly back in charge following the Endeavor acquisition of the company.

PWInsider.com is told the night started with Paul Levesque on headsets running Raw, but as the taping went on, it was McMahon who was more and more involved as the point person running the show. While McMahon was on headset producing a few times over Wrestlemania 39 weekend, he was at the gorilla position for most of last night's Raw taping, directly overseeing the proceedings.

Among some talents we spoke with, there was a huge negative shift in morale as they realized that things were going to go back to "exactly where they were" before Paul Levesque was placed in control as Chief Content Officer. One source said the "place felt nuked" but others didn't go that far. The feeling was that going forward, the likelihood was that McMahon would be overseeing everything again, leaving the creative once again to his whims and sensibilities, although whether that actually plays out remains to be seen.

A big part of that feeling of resignation was that Levesque is genuinely liked and trusted by the talents, especially since so many came through the WWE NXT system, and for some of them, that feeling of security many had felt in the run from Summerslam to Wrestlemania was no longer a given - and would be far departure from how some we spoke to felt tonight.

Other talents more or less shrugged it off, feeling they always suspected "all roads" would lead to McMahon being back in the central creative role eventually, but wanted to see if this would be a regular thing or whether it just happened last night because McMahon was at TV due to being in Los Angeles for Wrestlemania and the acquisition announcement.

One person joked WWE was always McMahon's world and now it's back in the palm of his hand after he willingly gave it up last summer. " - By Mike Johnson

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I know you guys may just see me as anti WWE, but I’m just trying to make you aware of what’s to come.

The post above this backs that.

I was a big UFC fan too. Then Endeavor bought it and hiked the prices so high, it basically caused me to stop following it. The multiple Dana White issues were also a factor.

I really think WrestleMania night 1 was the last of the HHH run shows and even before that Vince had fingers in the pie.