Page 404 of 486 FirstFirst ... 304 354 394 402 403 404 405 406 414 454 ... LastLast
Results 12,091 to 12,120 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    2017 rumble? Last two rumbles were good if I'm remembering correctly. 2014 and 15 were the really bad ones I think. Don't even remember what 2016 was. The ones Batista and roman won were awful. You can hear it from the crowd reaction. The Orton one was meh. The Triple H one was good as well as last year, even know we know what they did to the winners (they salvaged one of them at least).

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    2017 rumble? Last two rumbles were good if I'm remembering correctly. 2014 and 15 were the really bad ones I think. Don't even remember what 2016 was. The ones Batista and roman won were awful. You can hear it from the crowd reaction. The Orton one was meh. The Triple H one was good as well as last year, even know we know what they did to the winners (they salvaged one of them at least).
    2017 was the one with Jericho in a cage with K.O and Roman. The rumble match was the one that had Goldberg throw Lesner out (HAH) again, Baron Corbin somehow throwing Bruan over and Randy was the winner.

BATISTA IS DOWN

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Blows my mind how much they've messed up with Nakamura. Wins last year's rumble. This year, let's just stick him on the preshow.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    2017 was the one with Jericho in a cage with K.O and Roman. The rumble match was the one that had Goldberg throw Lesner out (HAH) again, Baron Corbin somehow throwing Bruan over and Randy was the winner.

BATISTA IS DOWN
    That doesn't help haha. That's the one where Orton won? Probably why I forgot about it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    That doesn't help haha. That's the one where Orton won? Probably why I forgot about it.
    Yes which led to his WrestleMania victory against the (highly hated) Bray Wyatt. Then it evolved to Jinder Mahal so....

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Yes which led to his WrestleMania victory against the (highly hated) Bray Wyatt. Then it evolved to Jinder Mahal so....
    Yeah, I remember now... the projector graphics, etc. It was awful. The whole thing. Transitional champion Bray...everything just sucked.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Looks like the women aren't headlining tonight sadly. Then again last year it was the first match ever so makes more sense. First 2 are up for the Rumble now.

Lacey Evans is Number 1 and number 2 is Natalya.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Number 26, two eliminations and needing two women working together to eliminate her is quite a good return for Alexa Bliss. I'm pleased. Hopefully tomorrow on RAW she has a match or sets a new feud angle. Ember Moon perhaps?

The winner/final two was so boringly predictable it kinda zapped my excitement out of this.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That women's rumble, from start to finish, was great. Holy shit.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Come on, dude. That’s what needed to happen. Good to see Shirai, Li, Kacy, and LeRae in there too!

Also, PSA—Lacey sucks real bad.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Come on, dude. That’s what needed to happen. Good to see Shirai, Li, Kacy, and LeRae in there too!

Lacey is another classic example of being called up too soon. She's got personality and charisma. That will help. She's still very green.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post

I know, I'm just kinda over it. Been going on for a straight 5 months almost. I like both women ok but nothing near the amount projected currently.

I think this Royal Rumble had good entrant variety. Much better than last year.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Enjoyed the ending of the Women's Rumble far more than last year's terrible botch ending. I did enjoy last year's mix of old and new as well as their momentary tributes to great old feuds. This year felt more like an actual women's rumble, instead of a tribute match to the histroy of WWE women's wrestling.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So Rollins won as predicted and I'm not the least bit surprised. I legitimately have no fondness nor find any appeal in The Shield. Which is unfortunate since they're consistently shoved down your throat and in main event status. Lame. I'm sick of all 3 of them.

I wish Andrade would've won if I'm honest.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I like how both rumbles mostly focused on the present and the future. Overall, good show.

AJ/Bryan was kind of weak. Crowd was dead. Can't blame them. 7 hour show. Sucked that it ended up being the breather match.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yeah, that was too long. I'm good with the winner however. I guess Reigns is still recovering. I was being way optimistic.

(Picked the whole weekend correct)
    Well done.
    Last edited by ThinkIcouldburn; 01-27-2019 at 11:11 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    Yeah, that was too long. I'm good with the winner however. I guess Reigns is still recovering. I was being way optimistic.

Well done.
    I missed one. I had Rusev retaining. Got everything else though. Might a first.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Good Rumble! Becky winning makes too much sense and I'm glad they went with it. Rollins makes sense as well and it does appear that Triple H may have gotten his way for WM35 to get a Rollins vs. Lesnar match. This was supposed to be the match at WM32, I believe.

Other random musings -

PLEASE do something with the US title. I'm great with it being between Nakamura and Rusev, but give them a damn story. That match main evented SD Live just a few weeks ago and the crowd loved it then - moving the match to the pre-show and not doing much of a build towards the Rumble hurt the overall result.

I thought the rosters for both Rumbles made absolute sense, minus Jarrett. I get it - HOFer and all, but I guess we needed to make Vince laugh. No Way Jose was predictable, Hornswoggle was silly but fine, but I'm very happy that this was primarily a current roster of wrestlers and not a bunch of throwbacks like we've seen before. Pete Dunne and Aleister Black is a match I want to see; same with Samoa Joe and Johnny Gargano. Nia Jax in the men's rumble was a great and I'm glad we avoided the joke of having R-Truth show up in the women's rumble. Kacy > Kofi.

Daniel Bryan and Erick Rowan are the Vegan SES (we're gonna get another match or two between him and AJ, huh).

Finn looked great against Brock and I appreciate the diverticulitis throwback with Brock's stomach injury. I'm hoping we see Finn go down the Rollins 2018 path and have him challenge Lashley for the IC title once Rollins finishes his mini-feud with him. I see Finn and Drew picking it back up as well in the meantime.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I missed one. I had Rusev retaining.
    Ehh, If WWE doesn't care, why should I?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ThinkIcouldburn View Post
    Ehh, If WWE doesn't care, why should I?
    Haha good point. It's a weird change though. Classic wwe 50/50 booking.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Cruiserweight started as meh, but that guy (the winner) is really cool to watch. I'm not convinced on ever checking out 205, but this is the second match I saw this guy in and they were both great. Not sure what's the hype about the asian dude; he looks terrible. Like some jobber.

I was pre-occupied during most of the tag team match, but God bless Shane and his beautiful moonsault.

Asuka vs. Becky was great, especially the ending sequence.

Ronda vs. Sasha was decent, but the armholds were a drag. I'm still not sure if WWE actually want us to hate Ronda for making her act like an absolute hippy, or they actually believe this is a good baby face booking. Either way, I am getting worked I suppose.

AJ vs. Bryan was terrible. And by that I mean compared to what I would expect from these guys. Well, at least I could have my bathroom break and whatnot. Oh, and for fucks sake, STOP saying we have a new champion. The moment a commentator says that, I can just see a freeze frame with Ron Howard narrating "no, we don't". Very lame.

Women's rumble was so-so, though overall it was better than the men's. They just don't have 30 (minus the occasional clown spots) talented and/or charismatic female wrestlers yet. I absolutely loathe those who are still stuck in the diva era. The NXT girls were awesome though. The Australian and Chinese ones were great. I hoped for Ember Moon to be in the final 3, but I understand how it had to be Becky and Charlotte. Nia was... actually good to watch, what? And the ending was super cool. Yeah, in hindsight, it was a really good one after a very slow start.

I am sad it wasn't Demon Bálor, but if he somehow gets a shot at the WM main event, all is forgiven. I mean ,the match itself was okay, Brock sold him like a million bucks.

The men's rumble was bad imo. I couldn't care less about JJ, and the whole show (bar entrant 30) was carried by the NXT guys. I am happy for them, but it was sad to see how the main roster guys were just utterly useless. My absolute favorite was Joe. How is that guy not a contender for the Universal Title???? He is so fast, he is so athletic, he is so believeable. And I agree with whoever said that Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose are boooooooooooooooooooooriiiiiiing. The ending was just so anti-climatic, I was actually rooting for Ziggler lmao.

edit: oh yeah, and Nia was great in the men's rumble. That was probably the highlight for me after Becky's victory.
    Last edited by Volband; 01-28-2019 at 04:21 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Seriously though.....

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Dean Ambrose reportedly done with WWE after Wrestlemania, potentially sooner if they decide to write him out of storylines early. Ambrose has been frustrated with his direction for a while now and things recently came to a head. He informed VKM and upper management over the weekend that he was not re-signing.

I think Jon Moxley decides to tour the indie scene for a bit before signing with an AEW, ROH, Impact or NJPW. But, I think this is the right move for him at this moment. He had momentum returning at this past Summerslam and WWE traded it in for a heel turn that, while it made sense at first, culminated in a Bane ripoff with Dean talking about audience cleanliness and whatnot. It was stupid. He got himself in great shape during his time off and while I'm not saying he should've been thrown into a heavyweight title feud, he could've been given more to do with his character.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe it's best to step away for awhile. It's not very often seeing Dean enthusiastic about what he's doing. Granted, the creative he's gotten hasn't been great by any means. He hasn't done much to make it work either though. Not going to be a huge loss tbh.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Maybe it's best to step away for awhile. It's not very often seeing Dean enthusiastic about what he's doing. Granted, the creative he's gotten hasn't been great by any means. He hasn't done much to make it work either though. Not going to be a huge loss tbh.
    You can only make chicken salad out of chicken shit so many times, and Dean has gotten a lot of chicken shit to work with. His pops back in 2014 attacking Seth were extremely loud and Dean retained a lot of popularity, especially when he won the WWE title in 2016. Creative had a chance to make him Austin-esque and just didn't know how to handle him, so that's on them. I really hope this is another Drew situation and that Dean can come back down the road, but this is the right move for him right now.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think that's what's going to happen. He'll go to AEW or the Indies and most likely raise his stock even more. He'll be back.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    It looks like Charlotte is still penciled in to be added to Becky vs. Ronda according to Meltzer. As a fan of The Man, I think this is fine for a few reasons - there's a shared history with the three going back to Survivor Series that will need a payoff. This also means that Asuka will have a different opponent instead of facing Charlotte again for the second year in a row. She has a list of contenders on SD who would greatly benefit from a raised profile competing for a top championship at WM. Maybe a second triple threat or some other type of match?

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I'm personally against Charlotte being in it. Tired of multi-man matches at WM. The story is primarily centered around Becky and Ronda. Adding Charlotte convolutes it a little bit and takes away from how special it is. But they have a huge hard on for Charlotte and she has to have a big spot every year.

It'll be a good match though I'm sure. Would rather 1v1 though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'm sick of Charlotte sticking her dick in everything. Just let The Man battle Miz Girl for the title 1v1 and have her go against Asuka at Mania. Asuka vs Charlotte II would be fine as long as Asuka gets her revenge and WM moment. I think Asuka was hinting at this match up with her bridged Asuka Lock submission of Becky at the Rumble. But we all know WWE loves a photo op and having all the 4 Horsewomen standing strong and holding gold at Mania would be hard for them to pass up. Which means Asuka will have to lose to Charlotte if she's still Champion at Mania unfortunately. If I could pick an opponent for The Empress at Mania it would be Shayna Baszler if she gets called up.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Fuck. Yes.

A post shared by on