Page 295 of 486 FirstFirst ... 195 245 285 293 294 295 296 297 305 345 395 ... LastLast
Results 8,821 to 8,850 of 14557

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm so exhausted at raw right now. Hopefully I don't fall asleep. Disappointed our boy corey graves didn't get an entrance for his debut. We woulda lost out shit.

Also predicting Finn Balor will be the new champion.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    So RAW will create their own title? That's kind of lame. What happens if someone wins MITB or the Royal Rumble and is from RAW and wrestles whoever is the WWE champ that is on Smackdown? Oh wait. This is WWE. There is no such thing as logic in their world.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Are you really surprised? They needed a world title. I'm cool for it since it needed to happen. The name is a little silly, but whatever. Aside from that, this is a pretty good raw that's swinging for the fence. Huge difference in commentary. Huge! Maybe it's because of Graves. Maybe they're finally not being so overproduced. It's alot better tonight.

Good debut for Balor (so far). Both fatal four ways were good. It's just a matter of whether or not they can follow the momentum after this. But, history speaks for itself. And it says they can't. Hopefully they can prove it wrong this time.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I really hated that they did away with the 2 World titles to begin with. It gave guys who would have never had a shot to be a World Champion. Who knows if Daniel Bryan would have gotten were he was if there was only 1 title at the time.

Not to thrilled that they are going to job Finn out to Reigns on his first night. But I'm glad Bálor went over in his 4 way.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Not surprised by a new title for Raw. Of course they "need" one!
    As for Money in the Bank, I would have to assume that they'll simply do what they did before and have a different briefcase for each show.

Thought Battleground was one of the best PPV's that they've had this year, even if some of it fell a little flat *cough*Orton&Jericho*cough*

Zayn v Owens is a contender for WWE match of the year. As Piko said earlier, the crowd giving them an honest standing ovation in near the end of the match was awesome to see.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I really hated that they did away with the 2 World titles to begin with. It gave guys who would have never had a shot to be a World Champion. Who knows if Daniel Bryan would have gotten were he was if there was only 1 title at the time.

Not to thrilled that they are going to job Finn out to Reigns on his first night. But I'm glad Bálor went over in his 4 way.
    Bryan got to where he was with one world title so I don't really get what you mean by that. He got over organically. I doubt a title would've really made a difference in that. I'm calling a swerve finish in the Balor/Reigns match. Something weird where Reigns goes over, but Balor doesn't get a clean loss.

I'm glad they got rid of the WHC when they did. The belt meant nothing. It was a midcard belt that didn't really hold much weight. Why keep that title around, when you have an IC Title that used to be the secondary title and has a ton of history behind it? I was happy when they got rid of it. No reason for two world titles if you don't have two brands. But i'm just going to assume that SD will probably get it's own Tag and Women's titles as well?

But, so far, i'd say the split is working out. Hopefully SD does well. I'm kinda tapped out with all this wrestling, but i'll watch it. Thankfully, Lucha Underground is over for the time being. But it's G1 Climax time...

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    THE BO$$ is the new WWE Women's Champion!!!!!!

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Indeed! Pretty solid match too. Commentary put it over pretty well too. "Beat that, guys!". I'm really, really liking this raw. The commentary and the fact that they moved them back towards the stage like the old days, the camera angles, the nameless jobbers. It's insane. Byron interviewing a jobber asking him if he knows what he's gotten himself into. Priceless. God, I hope they can keep this up and not revert back to shitty shows. Because this is fucking awesome.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Finn just beat Reigns!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Finn just beat Reigns!
    I guess someone is still in the doghouse.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    I guess someone is still in the doghouse.
    Yup! He'll probably be there for awhile. So hyped for Finn/Rollins. What are the odds of Finn taking it?

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Finn just beat Reigns!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finn just beat Reigns!
    And he did it cleanly!

On a related note: I love the amount of times that Roman's spear was countered tonight in kind of silly ways.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Yup! He'll probably be there for awhile. So hyped for Finn/Rollins. What are the odds of Finn taking it?

I'm willing to say 100%

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Well I'll be damned....I enjoyed RAW from start to finish for the first time in what feels like years. Let's just hope they can keep this going.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    I'm SO salty they picked jimmy no chin over me to be enhancement for braun. Dude was TERRIBLE..and he wasn't even from Pittsburgh!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by spiralout View Post
    Well I'll be damned....I enjoyed RAW from start to finish for the first time in what feels like years. Let's just hope they can keep this going.
    It was exciting and entertaining, i hope Smackdown doesn't get left behind...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xfocalinx View Post
    I'm SO salty they picked jimmy no chin over me to be enhancement for braun. Dude was TERRIBLE..and he wasn't even from Pittsburgh!
    It worked though. Guy had a genuine look like he didn't know what he had gotten himself into. Loved the fact that Saxton interviewed him before he got thrashed by Strowman. He had jobber written all over him.

Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    It was exciting and entertaining, i hope Smackdown doesn't get left behind...
    I hope so too. Has some huge shoes to fill after last night.

Oh, and Russo is apparently flipping his lid that Finn went over on Reigns. Not sure where it is. Someone posted it on a fb group. He's not happy though.
    Last edited by Piko; 07-26-2016 at 07:19 PM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4...-phoenix_sport

My buddy made a highlight video of me!!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Smackdown Live: Brand new Era; Same old Shit

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I heard the Divas segment was.... awful. I read that Dolph is going to face Dean for the title. OK...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I actually watched it. I would equate it to putting a pretty band-aid on a wound as opposed to actually cleaning it first. I would give it a couple months to see what happens. The booking was actually decent, a lot of mid-card building, but i dunno, there just wasn't anything really, interesting, going on. Nothing going on to really build or elevate feuds or establish characters. Not to beat the same old drum, but I miss the days when crazy shit would happen each week, like the Austin beer truck gag.

I dug Bray Wyatt's new look, though, and Orton's gotten more vocal in a good way.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Thinking about it, if I was told to book the Finn / Rollins match and have Rollins go over.. I would have Rollins accidentally bump the ref then finn hits a huge double down on Rollins. Then I'd have Roman come from under the ring, hit Balor with a spear, and put Rollins ontop of Balor. Turning Roman heel and giving Balor someone to work with.

BUT I'd still put the belt on Balor.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)

Oh, and Russo is apparently flipping his lid that Finn went over on Reigns. Not sure where it is. Someone posted it on a fb group. He's not happy though.
    Russo??? Oh yeah the guy that said that Kevin Owens and Zami Sayn aren't great workers ...what an asshole!

SD! was disspointing, it almost makes me think this is on purpose and the Brand Split is Vince McMahon's evil plan to make us watch RAW (it worked...)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Smackdown was ok. Not bad. Not great. Just ok. The women's segment was kinda bland. But, that had to introduce the new girls somehow. I would've had Bliss come out and cut her promo like she did and end the segment there. Definitely a lot of midcard building, which I'm pretty happy about. Guy's like Crews and Corbin getting a legit shot to prove and establish themselves.

Extremely shocked that Ziggler won. Thought Crews was going to take it. Guess they're going to give him another go. I'm sure he'll have a pretty good match with Ambrose. I have no doubt about that. He's a great worker. My issue though. Is it too late? You've had Ziggler job out to pretty much everyone in the last few years. Bad enough that not too many people really take him seriously as a legit contender. They can rebuild him. But, it'll take a lot of effort and consistent booking behind it. I don't see him beating Ambrose though.

Some people think Balor might have taken Reigns' spot. After a debut like he had, I can't blame them for thinking that. And after a debut like that, I wouldn't be surprised to see them go full steam ahead with him and have him win the title.

I think we're going to get a pretty solid summerslam this year.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I just can't get into the Lesnar/Orton feud, it was too random
    I get that they want to to the "youngest WWE champs" feud and get the star power they both have, but it has no build or nothing to make me care...

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Yeah, there's no actual feud either as Lesnar is off licking his wounds after stupidly blasting Jon Jones and then popping for the EXACT SAME THING. What a fucking moron. But, at least he'll see no repercussions from WWE as "part timers aren't subject to the Wellness Policy." What. The. Fuck.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, that's pretty stupid. If you're an active performer, you should be tested. Even if you work one match a year like Taker, you should still be tested.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Adios, ZZ. I don't feel bad about this release at all.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The guy was just a flash in the pan, i never saw anything great on him...