Page 6 of 486 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 56 106 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Starting July 23rd RAW is expanding to 3 hours

http://www.wwe.com/shows/raw/raw-expands-to-three-hours

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They can barely get through two hours right now...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I agree, but i think it's good for all the extra talent that never gets a chance to be on TV

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    BTW, did anyone hear that Brooke Hogan is coming to TNA Impact to run the Knockouts Division?

Man, Scott Steiner was right. I bet Nick Hogan will come to that company and become a wrestler or something and he just becomes a world champ in six months to a year, depending how much time that organization has left. Fuck that company.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    BTW, did anyone hear that Brooke Hogan is coming to TNA Impact to run the Knockouts Division?

Man, Scott Steiner was right. I bet Nick Hogan will come to that company and become a wrestler or something and he just becomes a world champ in six months to a year, depending how much time that organization has left. Fuck that company.
    TNA used to be good, now it's a joke. It's ran and organized by WWE has-beens, throwaways and the occasional old fuck that shouldn't be around anymore.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I agree, but i think it's good for all the extra talent that never gets a chance to be on TV
    Zack Ryder better be worried if he doesn't appear on 3 hour Raws...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Can't stand Zach Ryder. He got his little push and has been a jobber every since, hasn't he? I don't watch smackdown, so maybe he's on there... he's funny looking and obnoxious. I won't be surprised if he gets cut when that time of the year comes around. "Future hall of famed"? Lolz

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    CM Punk and Daniel Bryan was awesome last night on Raw. Anyone else think they squandered the opportunity to have these guys in another PPV because of last night?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Can't stand Zach Ryder. He got his little push and has been a jobber every since, hasn't he? I don't watch smackdown, so maybe he's on there... he's funny looking and obnoxious. I won't be surprised if he gets cut when that time of the year comes around. "Future hall of famed"? Lolz
    Im not a fan either but i gotta admit he has improved, it's his finisher what i can't stand, not convincing.
    "Over the Limit" was meh minus Bryan VS Punk, but even they were below their capabilities, still they are better than 90% of the main roster.
    And i agree with Kid Charlemagne, i think they wasted that opportunity favoring a possible match with Kane at No Way Out (i like Kane but i don't want to watch that)

On Topic: Big Show demolished the Funkusaurus last night, i liked it!

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    Finally glad they're doing something with Big Show. Seeing him demolish Brodus Clay and Kofi and R-Truth was pretty badass, especially when he just has that look of not giving a shit. The fans chanting for Cena and him not showing up was awesome too. If he would've showed up, it would've cheapened it. Plus, fuck John Cena.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Like mostly because "fuck John Cena" n_n

On Topic: yeah i think heel Big Show has more possibilities, i remember his awesome heel run back in 2002, you really bought the Big Show as a badass

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Last night was quite good. The Punk/Bryan match was great. I would love to see those 2 do a submission match. Plus, I'm starting to come around towards AJ. She's pretty damn cute and has a nice ass. I like this new Big Show. They've finally given him something to do.

Still don't like David Otunga. I don't care how built he is or how much A-list connection he has. Fucker can't wrestle for shit. Hell, he couldn't even pin Santino properly about a month ago. Yet, they're having Zack Ryder job to him on house shows. That's bullshit!

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Otunga is the crappiest wrestler in WWE right now, no doubt about it

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Otunga is the crappiest wrestler in WWE right now, no doubt about it
    The Great Khali would like to say Hi...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    The Great Khali would like to say Hi...
    lol, i guess he made me so angry i forgot about him, but he hardly wrestles anymore (at least not on TV), still.. Otunga, what a waste of TV time! at least the Punjabi playboy bit had its moments! not buying the whole "lawyer-wrestler-steroid physique-bad promo-bad wrestler"

On topic: Sin Cara is back at last (well on June 1st, but he already wrestled in a bunch of house shows) hope he doesn't get injured again, i want to see him feud against Rey Mysterio someday...

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    lol, i guess he made me so angry i forgot about him, but he hardly wrestles anymore (at least not on TV), still.. Otunga, what a waste of TV time! at least the Punjabi playboy bit had its moments! not buying the whole "lawyer-wrestler-steroid physique-bad promo-bad wrestler"

On topic: Sin Cara is back at last (well on June 1st, but he already wrestled in a bunch of house shows) hope he doesn't get injured again, i want to see him feud against Rey Mysterio someday...
    Yeh I understand what you mean, Otunga is pretty bad for someone who appears on Raw regularly. Lord Tensai is another...
    I'd like to see Damien Sandow on Raw soon, I think he's got a future.

Khali has been botching a lot on NXT recently with his tag partner Big Zeke (another bore fest)
    What surprises me is that there haven't been the usual roster cuts at this time of the year.

Not sure Sin Cara-Rey might happen, dirtsheets have been reporting Rey isnt part of WWE's longterm plans, especially with his latest drug suspension.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LaneSax View Post
    Khali has been botching a lot on NXT recently with his tag partner Big Zeke (another bore fest)
    What surprises me is that there haven't been the usual roster cuts at this time of the year.

Not sure Sin Cara-Rey might happen, dirtsheets have been reporting Rey isnt part of WWE's longterm plans, especially with his latest drug suspension.
    Havent watched NXT a long time ago, last time it was the divas season the one Kaitlyn won, im also surprised that the roster cuts are not dramatic like other years "Hornswoggle" must be happy about it...
    Yup, "the Mysterio drug controversy" makes it difficult for them to have a match, still i think the WWE will make it happen sooner or later, it's a dream match (mostly for the latino audience) and it will draw big bucks to the WWE at any PPV, maybe Rey could return as a heel? i want to see that happen!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Another wrestler who is a complete waste of space is Jinder Mahal. He has no charisma, no personality, and certainly couldn't draw a fucking dime to save his life. I heard the number he drew at this year's Royal Rumble is the infamous #14. So he might be gone by the end of the year or something.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Holy crap!

On topic: I agree, i do think Jinder had potential but the WWE never got around to developing it, now he's just a waste of space much like Chris Masters was last year

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Randy Orton just earned his 2nd suspension for violating the Wellness Program. One more and he's gone.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Apparently they suspended Jericho also for kicking a Brazilian flag and pissing everyone off. I'm sure it was all harmless and in-character. But maybe that's why I find Orton so boring. He's stoned...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Im glad about Orton, i don't like him, i hate his robotic persona and the overrated "Viper" gimmick, the only thing he does well is the RKO (just a variation of the Diamond Cutter)
    About Jericho: the whole thing has been blown out of proportion, JBL did the "Nazi salute" and he didn't get suspended (as i recall), i agree that is a crime in Brazil but suspending him because he did his job? the hell?

*EDIT*

For old times sake

Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-31-2012 at 08:49 AM. Reason: It's me... I'ts me... D-D-P

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    This whole Orton thing is fine. I was never a fan of him, his interviews are boring, he's an average at best wrestler, and he seems to fuck up every angle he's in. I don't think myself or anyone else I talk to has ever said "you know, with a guy like Randy Orton, things will be okay in the next years". He's plain and that's it. So of course he's using, we can make the stoned look jokes or roid jokes we can because it's all true. Please kick him out or get him with a trainer who will help him on everything.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Look what I found...

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Brutal Match, i liked it...

When Brock puts those elbows in Cena's face, daaaaaamn, i marked out hard for those!

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Brutal Match, i liked it...

When Brock puts those elbows in Cena's face, daaaaaamn, i marked out hard for those!
    For sure, I'm not knocking wrestling or the guys involved but such hits by Brock could be dangerous for someone's well-being, not Cena's from what I can tell but some other people he might go against. I doubt any of Cena's blood in that match is fake.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I've been watching WWE programming for the better part of 20 years and I don't think I've ever seen a match they did that was that brutal. For sheer blood loss alone, I think Steve Austin in his match with Bret at WM 13 comes close. But it's 2nd to none in every other way. It's sad that they've just swept it under the rug now, but I even have more reason now to think those who chant "Cena Sucks" are assholes.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    For sure, I'm not knocking wrestling or the guys involved but such hits by Brock could be dangerous for someone's well-being, not Cena's from what I can tell but some other people he might go against. I doubt any of Cena's blood in that match is fake.
    Those punches are VERY real and the blood it's so real, Cena has huge cojones just for taking one of those elbows...
    I don't like Cena, i don't hate him either but he has never been my favorite (even during the "Basic Thughanomics" i found him irratating) but i admit the guy is a consistent player and you can tell he genuinely loves the bussiness (he wouldnt take a clean shot to the face from Brock if he didn't)
    I still find his gimmick dumb and childish, but that's the way it's supposed to be, don't hate him, i think he's one of the few good persons on the WWE, and he's genuine, you can tell it's him and not a character, you can tell his love for wrestling is real and i respect him more than say Orton or Batista (who clearly are just in it for the money)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm not a fan of Cena either but I respect him. The guy just loves doing what he does. He's quite honest and also quite accessible. I don't like what they're doing with him right now. The whole angle with the Big Show is just stupid. There's too many scenarios of how it will play out. Either Cena will win in some way or he gets screwed in some fashion and Big Show will win. WWE Creative are really just running out of ideas. I don't like what they're doing with the storylines. They need new people handling things. And what's going to happen now since Randy Orton and Chris Jericho are both suspended? The latter of which was just some dumb moment for entertainment purposes.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I wouldn't say I'm a fan of anyone on WWE programming, as I'd probably describe myself as a passive-aggressive observer of the product seeing how much it's changed from when I was a fan. The only guy I was a serious fan of was Flair for a few years in the 90's, before I started getting sick of it from a die-hard fan's perspective.

But I recognize Cena as special, and that if I was in the age of his primary demographics, I'd definitely be a mark. As I've said here before, he is the best pure babyface leading the company since Hulk Hogan, bar none. He works his ass off, has a very transparent love for what he's doing and doesn't let the negative reaction he sometimes gets affect his ego. I remember after the Mania he worked with Edge and Big Show, going over to the front row and posing with guys who were carrying "Cena Sucks" signs. That's tact, and a clear appreciation and understanding that any reaction is better than none.

I don't like what's being done with him either. The big problem I've had for a number of years is that they depend too much on "suits" to steer the angles. Occasionally they have had good GM's that have made me forget that, but with John in charge (not to mention what they are doing on TNA now, which has the same problem tenfold) it's becoming painfully clear that that well is dry. In tandem to that, the fact that the titles are becoming secondary is typical of the more overt "entertainment" doesn't sit well either. Punk and Bryan have the future in their grasp, and I fear that how they are being booked now will hurt that.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 06-02-2012 at 09:41 PM.