Page 5 of 485 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    On topic of Lesnar and the mention of Holly I stated above, anyone remember that feud between the two when he returned after Brock powerbombed him and broke his neck? It led to that weak final match at Royal Rumble 2004 where Holly lost haha.
    I remember the Holly/Lesnar feud, i think it was the closest Holly was to the WWE Championship, poor guy he was for years and i think his biggest acomplishment was winning the IC title, oh I also remember his awesome tag team with Crash Holly.
    On topic: i think Lesnar always have problems about finding "credible" opponents for him, i recall his first feud was aganist the Hardy Boyz (correct me if im wrong!), i mean they where popular but far from credible threats for him
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-01-2012 at 09:37 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I remember the Holly/Lesnar feud, i think it was the closest Holly was to the WWE Championship, poor guy he was for years and i think his biggest acomplishment was winning the IC title, oh I also remember his awesome tag team with Crash Holly.
    On topic: i think Lesnar always have problems about finding "credible" opponents for him, i recall his first feus was aganist the Hardy Boyz (correct me if im wrong), i mena they where popular but far from credible threats for him
    Yeah. but it can be fair to say that about any of them. Lot's of great wrestlers have passed through (and some still around) WWE and are fantastic but they aren't marketed or used correctly in any form. Some great guys are jobbers sadly, referring back to my first posts in this thread on page 1 about Goldust.

As for Lesnar, my fondest and best memories of him were from SmackDown! Summer 2003. The time of Vengeance and the ongoing Vince/Angle/Big Show/Steph/Sable/Gowen crap that was all going on. First SmackDown! I watched was the episode after Vengeance and it had that steel cage match with Lesnar against Vince with Kurt as the ref. I can remember it so clearly. Seems like yesterday....almost 9 years ago. Shit.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Are you guys liking the Ryback character? i find it disturbingly similar to Goldberg, i never was a fan of Goldie but this is a fuckin' ripoff

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Are you guys liking the Ryback character? i find it disturbingly similar to Goldberg, i never was a fan of Goldie but this is a fuckin' ripoff
    I need to see him more in the ring with someone that isn't going to be a total squash match to take some serious consideration. I do like him though.

Mentioned
    48 Post(s)
    I finally saw all of Extreme Rules and thought it was a very good PPV, better than WM and Royal Rumble combined. Daniel Bryan/Sheamus stole the show. I don't care for Sheamus, but I thought he did an awesome job going toe to toe with someone who actually wrestles instead of brawls. Punk/Y2J was okay, really thought they butchered the angle from the get-go, but this feud would've been better had Jericho been five years younger and all the alcoholic crap was kind of ridiculous. Cena/Lesnar was better than expected. I thought it was worthy of closing the show and really hoped Brock would win, but I understand why Cena won. Then again, I just hope Cena would go away, I can already tell this match he'll have with Johnny Ace is going to be really fucking ridiculous.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I've read the Wrestling Observer newsletter and he said they are preparing a match between Lesnar and HHH on Summerslam

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Anyone remember the WWE Edition of the Weakest Link?

I watched it last night and laughed. Kane won too, my favorite wrestler.

On the topic, I'm not surprised as he was an English major and has substituted classes before. He's an intelligent guy. Be cool and amusing if he were the sub teacher for one of the classes I had in my school days.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-03-2012 at 08:47 AM.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    I've been out of the wrestling thing for awhile now. About 4 years or so. The Undertaker is my favorite wrestler, I grew up watching him wrestle. I even liked him during his biker phase. My dad looked like The Undertaker too which was really cool. When we'd go to WWE shows and we were walking around, my dad would get asked by at least 3 people for his autograph lol. Good times.

So by what I read on some youtube comments, The Undertaker is officially done? No more Undertaker at Wrestlemania? If so, that fucking sucks. But understandable too.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    Anyone remember the WWE Edition of the Weakest Link?

I watched it last night and laughed. Kane won too, my favorite wrestler.

On the topic, I'm not surprised as he was an English major and has substituted classes before. He's an intelligent guy. Be cool and amusing if he were the sub teacher for one of the classes I had in my school days.
    Kane is awesome, highly underrated, i always liked him, i think he's one of the best "big men" in WWE, ever, he can do agile moves, but also powerful ones, he and the Big Show are high in my book, it doesn't surprise me that he's intelligent, there's plenty of WWE wrestlers with a high IQ, i heard Raven is a member of MENSA and i remember that Spike Dudley used to be a literature teacher

Quote Originally Posted by nemesiswontdie View Post
    I've been out of the wrestling thing for awhile now. About 4 years or so. The Undertaker is my favorite wrestler, I grew up watching him wrestle. I even liked him during his biker phase. My dad looked like The Undertaker too which was really cool. When we'd go to WWE shows and we were walking around, my dad would get asked by at least 3 people for his autograph lol. Good times.

So by what I read on some youtube comments, The Undertaker is officially done? No more Undertaker at Wrestlemania? If so, that fucking sucks. But understandable too.
    Your dad story is hilarious, hahaha, i wish my dad looked like Taker, LOL
    On Topic: Taker has become an special attraction, i guess he'll fight in another WM but this time he will lose, leaving the streak 20-1 (and giving the guy who ends his streak a huge push)
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-03-2012 at 09:20 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Why did The World close? I'd have love to have gone there.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    The World was a great idea, but how was the food? anyone knows?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Roughly the same reason all of us aren't wearing Los Angeles Xtreme jerseys, and waiting on the edge of our seats for the next WBF pay-per-view.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    hahahahahahahahahahaha, that was awesome, it reminded me of this:

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Best shoot interview ever, and an easy way to waste four hours.
    Last edited by onthewall2983; 05-17-2012 at 05:58 PM. Reason: Copyright infringement rules suck

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Tonight's RAW was a bit dull, i just cared for the Lord Tensai/Daniel Bryan VS CM punk match (looking forward to DB vs Punk match at Over the Limit)
    Still i marked out for uncle Paul E, great to see him back, miss the old ECW

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Raw sucked tonight. Still, I was marking out when Paul Heyman came back. I miss that guy and the old ECW.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, I got bored and turned it off. When I put it back on and saw Heymann, I was pretty excited. Then I turned it off again...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I started and watched the first few moments with Laurenitis at the beginning but got bored and played Xbox. By time I was done kicking ass online it was 11:30. I missed Paul Heyman? Fuck.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    nothing interesting though, Paul just came out, made a promo and left, the audience was dead, i bet they didn't knew who he was...

god i miss him...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe they brought him back since Brock does so well with the mic. Perfect combo if you ask me.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    A troll on Twitter ruffled CM Punk's feathers by saying gay people should not be allowed to get married at that they (gay people) "made him sick." Punk responded by telling the person to "kill himself." Punk later issued multiple apologies over the matter because it blew up pretty big & even was reported by some people in the UK because apparently the troll is a 14-year-old kid from the UK. In a rather typical move, said gay basher/troll apologized himself for the statement.

Two things I love about this, one that Punk really comes off more like himself despite being a top guy in the company now. If he worded that better (with likely no endorsement of suicide) he wouldn't have needed to apologize to the prick. And 2nd, it's refreshing to see someone in the wrestling business with passionate views I agree with. Quite a lot of people in wrestling with any political leanings are usually to the right, and it goes from jobbers like Val Venis all the way to the McMahons.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I agree, i think Punk is always himself and i respect him a lot for having the balls to say what he want's to, in an interview he said: "he's not a role model" and that "everyone should chose his path in life" (Link: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...ting_More.html )
    Other guy who i respect a lot is Daniel Bryan, not just because is awesome wrestling abilities, but also for the fact that he's vegan, im a vegetarian in a meat-eating country (and we eat a LOT of meat), i understand how hard is for people to understand, i praise Bryan for having the balls to say it in public and be featured on the PETA website (i remember KFC has been a WWE sponsor many times, i don't think they like this).

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I agree, i think Punk is always himself and i respect him a lot for having the balls to say what he want's to, in an interview he said: "he's not a role model" and that "everyone should chose his path in life" (Link: http://www.lordsofpain.net/news/wwe/...ting_More.html )
    Other guy who i respect a lot is Daniel Bryan, not just because is awesome wrestling abilities, but also for the fact that he's vegan, im a vegetarian in a meat-eating country (and we eat a LOT of meat), i understand how hard is for people to understand, i praise Bryan for having the balls to say it in public and be featured on the PETA website (i remember KFC has been a WWE sponsor many times, i don't think they like this).
    I'd have more respect for D-Bry outside of wrestling if he didn't allow his image to be used by PETA, really. Dude should know that PETA is full of shit and there are much better animal rights organizations to support.

It's interesting to see how little influence WWE has over Punk's public image despite him being at the top of the company right now. They're letting his full, uncensored personality shine through, which sometimes results in mis-steps like telling that kid to kill himself (which, though uncalled for, at the very least illustrates that Punk stands very firmly behind his beliefs and isn't afraid to start shit with someone over it). It's a good step forward for WWE.

Also, fuckin' Paul Heyman, man. It's being reported that he's going to be around for the rest of the month at least, since Brock's contract limits his appearances. Good shit.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Final Destiny View Post
    I'd have more respect for D-Bry outside of wrestling if he didn't allow his image to be used by PETA, really. Dude should know that PETA is full of shit and there are much better animal rights organizations to support.

It's interesting to see how little influence WWE has over Punk's public image despite him being at the top of the company right now. They're letting his full, uncensored personality shine through, which sometimes results in mis-steps like telling that kid to kill himself (which, though uncalled for, at the very least illustrates that Punk stands very firmly behind his beliefs and isn't afraid to start shit with someone over it). It's a good step forward for WWE.
    ok, im not going to start an animal organization debate in a wresting thread, and not going to define which is wich and who is who in Animal rights organizations (is up to everyone to investigate and inform), everyone has his beliefs and i respect if you don't like PETA, still i respect Bryan for having the balls to declare himself as a vegan in a corporation as big as the WWE (who we know has lots of meat producing sponsors), that's the main point.
    On topic: I think is awesome that Heyman is staying, the wrestling world needs him badly, i like TNA but i don't want Heyman there, he's much needed in the PG WWE, and much like Punk, he can shake things up just with his mic skills

EDIT: he's hilarious

Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-09-2012 at 10:22 AM. Reason: Uncle Paul Vid

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Heyman wont even touch TNA, he thinks they are a joke.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Dream scenario is that TNA finally dies off, and Billy Corgan's promotion picks up most of the young guys that are currently playing 2nd fiddle to the dinosaurs they have roaming around. Really for no other reason than to establish it as the first Midwestern promotion since the AWA that tries to compete with Vince.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I used to like TNA but they fucking suck now. Too many WWE throwaways and has beens.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I used to like TNA too. I think they got ruined when they brought Hogan, i think they have awesome talent like AJ Styles, Daniels, Samoa Joe and Austin Aries, but now they bore me to death, their main issue in my opinion are the inconsistent storylines, it also bothers me that one wrestler is a "face" one week, then he becomes a "heel" the next one, then he goes back to be a "face", just ridiculous.
    I wish the WWE would buy them, yes, it will become a monopoly all over again, but at least we wont watch TNA's awesome talent go to waste, plus im waiting a Kurt Angle comeback to WWE before he retires, i miss him "IT'S TRUE IT'S TRUE"
    Last edited by henryeatscereal; 05-10-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I tried watching TNA one day. It was so boring. There's certainly a handful of talent there, but when it comes to storyline and people on the mic, it was the dullest thing ever. Not even Hogan can help it. It's like some guy trying to build a car. He builds it, but it just doesn't run well.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    gotta love this image...

I want to see DB team up with a heel A.J. again, i think he needs a valet to further his heel image