Page 486 of 486 FirstFirst ... 386 436 476 484 485 486
Results 14,551 to 14,580 of 14580

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Big Olympic Superstar Gable Stevenson Released

Laughable. One more bites the dust showcasing what made Kurt Angle so naturally gifted for an amazing transition from real to pro.

Damon Kemp is still in NXT and he's infinitely more interesting and more talented in WWE than his brother ever was.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I wish Ric Flair would go the fuck away.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Funny, i was just thinking about him,

I started to become a wrestling fan back in 1991, used to watch Lucha Libre and early 90's WWE, one of the first faces i remember was Ric Flair,

I remember feeling disgusted (i was a kid that supported babyfaces...) but also being fascinated by him.

It took me many years to understand his importance and his legacy; then i became a fan of him and many of his great feuds with people like: Sting, Undertaker, Hogan and Savage.

Sadly the last years have proved me that i wasn't wrong when i was a kid: he's a disgusting person, i wish he would take care of his legacy in a more responsible way...

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Nothing has been redeemable about him in over 15 years, he's been overstaying his welcome for way too long. He's an overhyped sex pest leaching off of any company that will throw pennies at him over some nostalgia.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    And a scammer. He’s owed ex ROH owner Cary Silkin a good amount of money for no showing after he was paid.

I despise people who big time/think they’re better than customer service/wait staff/hotel staff. A 70 something methuselah that’s done nothing worth a shit in decades (he wrestled the same match over and over again toward the end of his career) threatening restaurant staff with fucking Twitter.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1579008...an-roh-taping/

Audience in Edmonton last night was absolute trash. I bet this was the same guy that Saraya called out live on air for being a piece of shit. Also regardless of if you like Serena Deeb or not, it was hella rude to chant for a fuckin' hockey team during the entirety of her promo.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    https://www.wrestlinginc.com/1579008...an-roh-taping/

Audience in Edmonton last night was absolute trash. I bet this was the same guy that Saraya called out live on air for being a piece of shit. Also regardless of if you like Serena Deeb or not, it was hella rude to chant for a fuckin' hockey team during the entirety of her promo.
    Not excusing his behavior but alcohol makes people dickheads. These places all sell their precious alcohol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Usual naysayers and whiners online doing their work to besmirch Double or Nothing but it was great. I wish they don't do the WWE approach of a 4+ hr show. They could have shaved off 2-3 matches I think.

Spoiler: Black lost which I find as a headscratcher because Copeland did not need that win. Also add insult to injury for him losing because Copeland broke his leg and will be vacating the title. They should have called an audible in the match and had Black go over since Copeland is going on the shelf anyways. They needed to rehab Black's singles career and being TNT Champion would've done it.

For the first time in probably 4 years I watched most of the Saudi Arabia show. It was fine I guess. I skipped the main event because I didn't care and the result was obvious. In fact the whole show was which is the typical WWE output.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Double or Nothing was fantastic. Anarchy In The Arena III was the clear highlight for me, but the steel cage match and Willow/Mone are close behind.

Edge gave one of the worst elbow drops off of the top of the cage which looked absolutely insane, and it's no wonder he shattered his leg doing that. Bro, why in the absolute fuck didn't you just do a frog splash lol.

Quite enjoyed King/Queen of The Ring too. Gunther and Orton was a blast and Liv and Becky was also really good. Fuckin love when WWE and AEW have PPVs on the same weekend.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I was out of town over the long weekend so I watched DoN today and pretty much loved it. I couldn’t get into the Trios title match, though. I can’t stand Jobber Jay, the Ass Boys or Ass Juice.

Agreed that Black should’ve won and that Adam is out of his mind for doing that elbow from the top of the cage that I just read fractured his tibia.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    TNA crossover yet again and another AEW defector comes to NXT. I always kinda liked Ethan Page and hope he gets whatever he wants moving over. He's not being Trick Williams so don't know what they're really doing presenting him like that. I would love to be surprised though.

Don't see a high ceiling for him in the modern WWE landscape but as long as he's happy.

Grace isn't winning the title so aside the surprise and fun factor I don't get the point.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    TNA crossover yet again and another AEW defector comes to NXT. I always kinda liked Ethan Page and hope he gets whatever he wants moving over. He's not being Trick Williams so don't know what they're really doing presenting him like that. I would love to be surprised though.

Don't see a high ceiling for him in the modern WWE landscape but as long as he's happy.

Grace isn't winning the title so aside the surprise and fun factor I don't get the point.
    Yeah, he seems a little small to excel in the WWE - but HHH loves the lil guys. We'll see - but haitch has been very smart with the way he's been handling the ex AEW guys giving every single one crazy pushes.

I hope WWE gets Danhausen - that guy was impossible to fumble and somehow AEW did

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Oh, how could I forget that the FTW match also sucked.

Loved Swerve’s Warriors homage too, by the way.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    I do like Ethan Page but he's mid at best, but it makes sense going there since the guy seems hungry of an opportunity.

Yeah, what happened to Danhausen? it's been ages since i saw him.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I hope WWE gets Danhausen - that guy was impossible to fumble and somehow AEW did
    I don't. His schtick will be neutered to cameo shit like R Truth worse than what it is already. He's also a massive merch mover. I highly doubt he'd want WWE cutting into his revenue for his merch sales.

Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    I do like Ethan Page but he's mid at best, but it makes sense going there since the guy seems hungry of an opportunity.

Yeah, what happened to Danhausen? it's been ages since i saw him.

He had another injury last fall. I am not sure if he has returned since then aside the one appearance. There has been appearances of him on the indies, ROH and GCW since the injury though.

This was a cool upload earlier this year.
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 05-29-2024 at 02:13 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Violent J shooting on CM Punk was not on my wrestling bingo card, but absolutely hilarious, none the less.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I don’t give a fuck what ICP think about most things but they are friends with Colt Cabana so that explains why Punk didn’t want to pal around with them.
    It is still hilarious to me that the Dark Carnival was Jesus all along.

Also, is Buddy Matthews actually hurt or is he leaving AEW? I haven’t been able to find out as of yet.

EDIT: Okay, what was the Wyatt 6 (currently 5–is Alexa joining them?) thing about?! I don’t know what to think. Time will tell.
    Last edited by Swykk; 06-18-2024 at 05:20 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Wyatt Sicks (amateur hour puns) will be trash just like Bray. Hope Alexa stays away.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Dynamite is in Winston-Salem, NC on August 7th. Bought a ticket.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I for one thought the Wyatt Sick6 debut was fucking AWESOME.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I loved it as well. Great tribute to Windham and I'm liking the idea of what they could be hinting at. Gable was the clearest one to see but it also looked like they took out Gunther. Curious to see if we can figure out who some of the other bodies were backstage.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Honestly not a better way to debut this new stable than last night. Not sure how I feel about Howdy holding Brays lantern but we'll see. Hatch has proven by now that he can largely be trusted in regards to storytelling so that's what i'm going to do with this.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ltrandazzo View Post
    I loved it as well. Great tribute to Windham and I'm liking the idea of what they could be hinting at. Gable was the clearest one to see but it also looked like they took out Gunther. Curious to see if we can figure out who some of the other bodies were backstage.
    I rewatched it a few times today and jacked the brightness up on it. I could also spot Carmelo and Dragunov. Couldnt really tell who all was in Gorilla but I THINK Triple H was one of them.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    I saw Adam Pierce in there too.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I wanted to love it, but I just really liked it.

It may seem nitpicky, but the fact that these five folks literally almost killed a half dozen people, then went and trashed Gorilla, should not have been celebrated across all their socials as a triumphant return. I would've preferred a tighter adherence to kayfabe and have WWE sell the incident.

Again, really liked it and it. I feel it is 100% the spirit of what Wyndham wanted with the Fiend, so that's the most important thing.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I called out Adam Pearce (GM of raw) on Facebook due to his complete inaction and no statement in regards to the horrific attack done by Uncle Howdy and his terrible gang. I let him know Nick Aldis is a real GM and would never let something like that go unaddressed for so long.

Then Adam blocked me. What a horrible leader of the Raw brand.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I called out Adam Pearce (GM of raw) on Facebook due to his complete inaction and no statement in regards to the horrific attack done by Uncle Howdy and his terrible gang. I let him know Nick Aldis is a real GM and would never let something like that go unaddressed for so long.

Then Adam blocked me. What a horrible leader of the Raw brand.
    #firescrapdaddy

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    #firescrapdaddy
    His leadership does not inspire confidence. He needs booted.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Haha, that’s great! Maybe he’s recovering from the attack?

I want to be clearer than I was the other day, I didn’t hate the debut of Wyatt6 but I’m hoping for more of a Devil’s Rejects and less supernatural approach to them. So that’s why I said I’m going to wait and see before forming an opinion.