Page 462 of 483 FirstFirst ... 362 412 452 460 461 462 463 464 472 ... LastLast
Results 13,831 to 13,860 of 14485

Thread: Professional Wrestling

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by burninglard View Post
    Personally I’m not a fan of MJF at all. So if he becomes Champion quickly when he comes back I will just change the channel when he’s on, lol. In ring skills suck IMO, lol on mic he’s great. But even then I have grown tired of his gimmick. Sorry not sorry, just not a fan.
    You know, this is literally the first time i've ever read someone saying they were actively not a fan of MJF. I'm fully on board with him but t's actually kind of refreshing to see your take.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    As much as I can see your points about MJF, the guy is only 25. His in-ring ability is only going to get better, and I feel that within the next five years he could be the biggest face in AEW.

Flair teaming with Andrade vs Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal for his final match.

Pass.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    You know, this is literally the first time i've ever read someone saying they were actively not a fan of MJF. I'm fully on board with him but t's actually kind of refreshing to see your take.
    Lol, I know I’m one of the few that doesn’t like MJF. I guess I have always felt his character arc reeks of “Meta” bullshit that drives me nuts about wrestling right now. Like seriously... it’s wrestling, it’s not rocket science. You aren’t smarter and than everyone else. Also it drives me nuts he keeps doing long ass promos every week, wrestles once every 2 months, and makes every opponent he has do the same “you have to beat 5 other guys to get to me” gimmick. Time to evolve MJF. You are boring to me now, lol.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by the duder View Post
    As much as I can see your points about MJF, the guy is only 25. His in-ring ability is only going to get better, and I feel that within the next five years he could be the biggest face in AEW.

Flair teaming with Andrade vs Jeff Jarrett and Jay Lethal for his final match.

Pass.
    I can agree with everything you said. I guess what I’m saying is if he does become the face of AEW I won’t like it, lol. I really find him to be unappealing and bore the shit out of me, lol.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    MJF is ok in the ring, but competent enough, his promos are it's forte, i can understand if you don't dig him, but to me the guy has tons of potential to become one of the greats.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by henryeatscereal View Post
    MJF is ok in the ring, but competent enough, his promos are it's forte, i can understand if you don't dig him, but to me the guy has tons of potential to become one of the greats.
    I hope I’m proven wrong too. I hope he maxes that potential.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Fun episode of Dynamite. Highlight for me was the House of Black/Sting/Miro angle. So many possibilities for that story and really none which are terrible. Main event was a bit much, but Jericho was involved, so to be expected I guess.

Also: FTR are the most over act in all of wrestling. That promo from Dax was incredible.
    Last edited by the duder; 07-21-2022 at 11:03 AM.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I was actually pretty disappointed in the Barbed Wire match. I appreciated that they used real barbed wire, but the match itself felt really rushed and it genuinely didn't make any sense as to why JAS was in a shark cage and BCC wasn't.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Vince retires...wow! I take it as, those accusations are probably true.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by versusreality View Post
    Vince retires...wow! I take it as, those accusations are probably true.
    And probably they found more and even worse stuff...

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Things really changed when it went from paying money to cover up an affair (which is meh) to paying a former female wrestler to cover up forced sexual acts.

Maybe WWE will actually become watchable now, but I doubt it.

Glad Trips is back in charge of talent relations. Hopefully the no indie wrestler edict will end and we can also stop changing everyone's fucking name

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    So it’s been confirmed that Vince did use company funds to pay off these women he abused/harassed.

What a stupid asshole.

Speaking of stupid assholes, instead of promoting Paul Heyman to head of Creative, Steph upward failed her husband Paul TWICE now instead (he was also named head of Talent recently too).

LOL

This is the definitive “This isn’t it” in terms of getting me to ever watch again…

They’ll hire Choad Hogg back soon too I bet.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    It was pretty dumb to use the company funds, good thing is that now it's the real time for a change in that company.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    So, will MKV (fka Sasha Banks) be the inaugural IWGP Women's Champion?
    https://www.cagesideseats.com/2022/7...s-championship

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    The Brock/Roman match had a super predictable winner but that was one of the most fun WWE matches of the last 15 years easy. So much fuck. Absolutely bananas.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    The Brock/Roman match had a super predictable winner but that was one of the most fun WWE matches of the last 15 years easy. So much fuck. Absolutely bananas.
    I think Last Man Standing matches are normally pretty blah but this one was pretty darn good. Especially for a Roman/Brock match.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Yeah I expected absolutely nothing out of that match but it was a fucking blast. Brock lifting the ring off of the ground with that front loader was some of the wildest shit I've ever seen.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    SummerSlam, following suit of most PLE's in recent memory, was way more fun than it should have been. Key difference here is the positive potential coming out of it.

Belair v. Lynch, and the post match return of Bayley with her lackeys, IO (!!!) and Kai, felt like a revelation. As much as I'd like to see Sasha come back, I think it would be best for business for MKV to take a few years away from WWE, go win the NJPW women's belt, show out in AEW for a few, then blow the roof off with a Royal Rumble return in 3-4 years.

Logan Paul was again far better than he had any right to be, McAfee was passable - I am blaming it on the ring; really looked like the setup was a bit off. Like the ropes were a bit spongier than normal. Edge's return was , Rousey and Morgan was decent, and as mentioned by many here, the main event was a dope blowoff to the Reigns/Lesnar saga.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    The thing I didn't like about the tractor was it became clear quickly that Theory wasn't going to be able to cash in his MITB briefcase (yes I know they tried to sell us on commentary that he was trying to make it a triple threat (don't get me started on how that didn't make sense.)) because there was no way to pin someone in the ring. And I kinda wanted to watch Roman destroy Theory.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Definitely felt like a fresh reset on Raw last night. Quality matches, stakes, and story continuity throughout the episode. Solid B+/A- in my book.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Wait, this is an actual shirt?!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I legit just got this ad too! Must be from his Wrestlemania match against T*ump

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I would buy that for a dollar!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    It really annoys me that the Universal Championship has velcro and the WWE Championship has the snaps. It's all I can look at when Roman is out there.

Stoked about the return on Smackdown last night!

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I'm glad they brought back Karrion Kross without that stupid helmet!

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Yeah I feel like with Trips in charge he's about to go on a big run. I honestly could see him dethroning Roman if they can't get The Rock for Mania

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

honest to God sometimes you look at the world right now and just have to take a minute.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RJK View Post
    Yeah I feel like with Trips in charge he's about to go on a big run. I honestly could see him dethroning Roman if they can't get The Rock for Mania
    With HHH in charge, Roman Reigns might actually fuck off in prominence soon. Dude's been in the main event seat/scene/championship picture for like 7 years at this point. I'm sick of him.

I'm one of the few people who really liked Kross and Scarlett on NXT so I'm glad to see them back after that disastrous, hilarious run last Fall after call up.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    All signs point to Kenny Omega returning tonight! I’m excited.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Roman's reign stopped being interesting about a month after he joined with Heyman.

C'mon, Kenny!